RGB SCART cable for MD1 and 32x

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by edd_jedi, Feb 26, 2017.

1. edd_jedi

edd_jedi Rising Member

I'm having trouble finding a SCART cable that works with my setup. So far I have bought two and neither works. The first one has a great picture but no sound, because the MD1 is mono and the cable must be stereo only. The second I bought has video and sound but the picture is way too bright which apparently a common problem.

So surely somebody must sell a SCART cable that works properly with an MD1 and 32x, can anybody help?

2. cde

cde Site Supporter 2017

I think your right about the audio, Pin 3 (looking at the socket on the console) of the MD/Genesis 1 plug sends mono audio up to the 32x, but the 32x outputs its stereo signal on pin 8 and 9.. and its mono signal on pin 6. If your scart cable is a stereo MD/Genisis 2 cable it won't be sending any audio signal out to your TV! Make sense?

Im pretty sure you need a modified mini 9 pin to scart connector cable that supports MD/Genisis 1/ 32x setup.. most pre-made cables seem to be for MD/Genisis 2 or Multimega/CDX that support stereo audio on pins 8 and 9.

3. edd_jedi

edd_jedi Rising Member

Yeah exactly you are right. They definitely exist because as above I have one that works, the problem is none I can find on eBay or other sites are labelled as mono compatible. I can't just keep buying them blind hoping one will work! Do you think it would be possible to modify the cable I have?

I don't want one of those ones that have a headphone jack cable because they look stupid and the stereo sound from the MD's headphone socket is horrible and noisy anyway.

4. MottZilla

MottZilla Guardian of the Forum

The one that has picture and sound but is too bright might be fixable with some resistors or something to reduce the brightness I would think.

5. edd_jedi

edd_jedi Rising Member

Finally Assembler Games is back! Just wanted to bump this as I posted it pretty much exactly when the site went down.

6. edd_jedi

edd_jedi Rising Member

7. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Edit: nevermind.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  8. SaturnHST

SaturnHST Spirited Member