Retro Core - NEWS

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Yakumo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015 Staff Member

What can i say? Yet another grear video Mark!

The PlayStation library is so big and there's so many japanese exclusives, a lot still undiscovered or hidden behind the languare barrrier. It's just so interesting looking back and see so many companies trying different ideas.

Looking forward to the MSX episode. Even though we never had official MSX2 machines, the standard was somewhat popular in Brazil. I do have cool memories of it. My brother had one back in the day and i remember playing lots of games on it, specially Konami stuff.

I just wish it wasn't so expensive to get one now, when it so easy to emulate (even online with webmsx).

2. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

thanks Johnny. I thought this PlayStation episode would never get done but I finally got there in the end :)
    As you said there are so many PlayStation games out there that I bet there are so many quality games that we've never played. That's what's so exciting about PlayStation collection. Unfortunately there's also a crap load of shovel wear on the format too.

I'm looking forward to making the MSX show. Although all footage will be from the MSX2 I will also talk about other versions of the hardware.

3. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

It looks like Sonic's head and plays games! Oh, and it cost next to nothing.