PSY-Q 1995 Press Kit

Discussion in 'Technical Documents and Software Tools' started by Logi26, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Logi26

Logi26 Site Supporter 2014

I have got this 1995 PSY-Q brochure which is what would have been given to dev studio's so that they could see what development hardware was available.

The brochure contains a bunch of thick paper/card inserts detailing the PSY-Q dev tools for various consoles such as SNES, Mega Drive, 32x, Mega CD, Saturn and PlayStation.
    There is also an extensive SNASM price list included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have scanned the brochure and created 2 PDF documents. One or two pages have a small amount of text clipped because I didn't want to damage the brochure bending the pages too far.

Main brochure:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95EyIoSuUF0c2d2dFRQaUdRbzA/view?usp=sharing

SNASM Price List:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95EyIoSuUF0U0RXZW8ybE83eGM/view?usp=sharing

Taijigamer2, AUSTIN PEYTON and pool7 like this.
  2. tichua

tichua Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Thanks for sharing buddy. I hope you will finish your PSY-Q set soon with the newly acquired PSY-Q card and the about to be acquired floppies

Logi26 likes this.
  3. Logi26

No problem mate, thanks again for your help with getting me the card it is greatly appreciated ;).

4. retro

retro Administrator Staff Member

Catalogue, not press kit. The press would have zero interest.

Thanks for the scan, though! :)

So the CDE100 did have a modified BIOS for Saturn. I had a feeling I remembered seeing that somewhere. Crap!

pool7 likes this.
  5. Logi26

The person who I bought this from had it listed as a press kit.
    If you notice, I refer to it as a brochure in the comments and say that it was given to dev studio's.
    I thought that it would not sound as interesting if I put the title as PSY-Q brochure/catalog but feel free to modify the title if you think it would be better.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. retro

retro Administrator Staff Member

They were wrong ;)

A press kit is a marketing document about something newsworthy. Usually a release. The press will see it, and report it to the public.

The public had no business buying a Psy-Q, hence it would never have been a press kit. It is aimed at developers and would have been given out at trade shows and when developers called up for info... or just sent out to current and prospective customers.

It doesn't matter what it's called, though... it's still interesting! :)