No sound on Spinmaster?

Discussion in 'Neo Geo Discussion' started by Ashevent, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Ashevent

Ashevent Site Supporter 2015

Hey guys,

I recently acquired an English version of spinmaster for MVS (shown below) But when I try to play it: the video is great but there's no sound. I tried 4 other carts, even a multi-cart and they all work fine.

So I'm not sure if it's possible the game is defective? The pins look amazing and I thought the Neo Store was a safe place to buy, so wondering if it's my set-up?

I'm using an Omega MVS, then scart to an upscaller and out through HDMI into modern TV. Again, my other games all work, They all work and look great actually.

The only difference in games is that all my other games are either from Japan or the multi-cart I think is Chinese 120-1.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

20525822_10212646543791006_3651496287672604474_n.jpg

2. Ashevent

So I re-cleaned the pins, inserted a few times. Checked to make sure other games I own all have sound (they do) so finally thought maybe if I go to the Jukebox player it will tell me something and...Just got this.

chill.jpg

3. Xzx123

Xzx123 Spirited Member

Have you opened up the cart yet to check for any bad traces etc? The ROMs labeled on the PCB as V1, M1, and the PCM chip would be places to start.

4. Ashevent

Since It was a recent purchase I decided to contact the vendor direct. He's going to replace or repair it. I'll find out what it was, I thought maybe I just needed to do something in the Bios but I took it across town to a buddy that has an MVS and he too had no sound. Thanks!