My departure from collecting

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by TheNew, Aug 12, 2017 at 10:42 AM.

1. TheNew

TheNew Peppy Member

Well to all my friends on this forum and all the people that hate me. It's with a heavy heart that I announce my departure from collecting it's been a fantastic decade of archiving I recently diagnosed with cancer (non-Hodgkin's lymphoma) my father passed away in February from stage four bone cancer. cancer in general is in the genes I need to focus on finding this my first round of chemo is going to suck so to everybody on the form if you have cancer in your family please have yourself checked out because you never know when it's going to come up and bite you.

No this is not a joke I wish it was I am moving back with family to be with him I thought I was depressed before this words cannot explain how I feel right now so again everybody on the form if cancer is in your family please take care of yourself Godspeed to assemble games

This is thenew.... signing off again everybody please take care of yourself life has a funny way of kicking your ass

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 10:50 AM
    theps1master, james2452 and storm132 like this.
  2. Segafreak_NL

Segafreak_NL v2.0 New and improved. Site supporter 2012-15

I don't know you, but that's very sad to hear. All the best and take care!

TheNew likes this.
  3. TheNew

TheNew Peppy Member

Thank you for the kind words for the last six months or so I've been wondering why I've been so fatigued and tired out all the time I get plenty of sleep at night so I went to the doctor about a week agofor tests then I went in this morning and got the news so it's been quite a depressing day I had a high interest in collecting everything that I can get my hands on for the last 10 years over the years of criticize people like Andrew Borman and other people and accusing them of being hoarders at the end of the day when all is said and done I respect everybody who collects and archives in the name of preservation so if I've offended anybody over the years I do apologize and I'm paying for it dearly mad respect to Andrew Boorman and other collectors James your releases are awesome and all other relations as well take care of yourself Guys!

Segafreak_NL likes this.
  4. jetmagnum

jetmagnum Magnum Inc

damn man best wish you all the best.

TheNew likes this.
  5. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

Damn, cancer is one tough mother fucker. I am really sorry to hear and can't even imagine how it must have felt to get the news.

It's a good thing you are moving with your family, they will be able to give you their support specially during your first rounds of chemo. Sorry if this is intruding but I would suggest maybe looking into CAR-T cell therapy, it's still in clinical trials so you'd have to get into one which might not be easy and of course it's risky, but so far it has proven excellent against leukemia and very good with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

All the best.

TheNew likes this.
  6. TheNew

TheNew Peppy Member

Thank you I spend most my time online doing research

7. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

That really sucks, hope treatment goes as smooth as it can!

TheNew likes this.
  8. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue

Wouldnt wish it on anyone. Fight through it and come back. We will be here when you are better!

TheNew likes this.
  9. storm132

storm132 Site Supporter 2016

Horrible news dude. We've spoken once or twice but I can't really say I know much about you, other than what you've just shared with us.

However I wish you nothing but the best of luck. Stick in there, fight the c**t and we'll all be here waiting for your return!

Until then, take it easy :)

TheNew likes this.
  10. james2452

james2452 Spirited Member

Be strong and fight it mate.

TheNew likes this.
  11. Colek

Colek Spirited Member

Damn man, I really hope you get better. Best of luck to you.

TheNew likes this.
  12. dark

dark Intrepid Member

Best of luck man, like Bad Ad said, we'll still be here when your on the other side of treatment and ready to stop by again. Cancer runs in my family as well, both parents and various relatives have had different forms (and thankfully responded relatively well to treatments). Good call moving in with family. Having family support was really important during my dad's treatment and recovery. The chemo and radiation made him quite sick and took away his endurance so I couldn't have imagined him bringing himself to and from the hospital much less doing some important everyday tasks like buying groceries and preparing meals. Thankfully that was several years ago and he's in much better shape now.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 8:17 PM
    TheNew likes this.
  13. TheNew

TheNew Peppy Member

Thank you everybody for the support you guys are all amazing I will keep you posted in the coming weeks

14. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

That's terrible. Very sorry you have to experience this. My father had a two year battle with brain cancer.

I hope you beat it, as difficult as it is.

TheNew likes this.
  15. Xzx123

Xzx123 Spirited Member

Damn, man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I know it doesn't mean much, but I wish you all the best.