I'm Going to Japan in October! :D

Discussion in 'Japan Forum: Living there or planning a visit.' started by LeHaM, Feb 7, 2017.

1. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

so just got back from planning my trip.

It ended up being about $3K for two adults with 10 nights stay in Tokyo, including return flights. (in october)

They have booked us a hotel that is 1 minute walk to the train :)

As for internet and phone, our phone company does a $5 a day roaming fee, have the same data and rates we have over here (unlimited calls,unlimited nat/international text, 22GB data), so will only be an extra $50 for the stay :D
    (we both use iphones 6s so our phones will work on all bands [4G in australia is a different frequency to other places])

Also got a 20KG (each) return luggage and premium travel insurance, got a 7kg carry on for the trip there.

much fun

sa1 and 1800Warioman like this.
  2. 1800Warioman

1800Warioman Cy the Delivery Guy

Have a great time!

LeHaM likes this.
  3. PixelButts

PixelButts Well Known Member

Alright here's what you need to do while there

Find an anime store, look for any VHS copies of anything. Take pics of possible (obviously respect store owner requests and rules) and see if you find any classics still sealed

Bonus points for odd mediums (laserdisc, betamax, etc)

Also partake in their various food and beverages.

LeHaM and 1800Warioman like this.
  4. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

Have a fun trip!

LeHaM likes this.
  5. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

thanks everyone

6. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

MANNN passports are expensive when you are lazy and leave it to the last minute haha
    $500 dollarydoo's

7. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

Hope you have a great time! If you're in Toyko between the 3rd and the 6th, I'll buy you a beer :)

sa1 likes this.
  8. xraymind

xraymind Rapidly Rising Member

Install Google Translate(preload the Japaneses language pack) and learn to use all of the features before hand. Also install Google Map and/or Navitime for JapanTravel and mark the train station near your hotel as home on the app(s). Now you will have wonderful time getting lost in Tokyo like I did last year. And I will be getting lost in Osaka and Kyoto this November.

sa1 likes this.
  9. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

So what days are you going to be here? I'm still up to buy you a beer if you want :)

IMG_1783.PNG

LeHaM likes this.
  10. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

our teen will use them up like there's no tomorrow. I usually rent out the pocket WiFi modem with unlimited for 10 days at 7600yen.

just returned from our visit to Tokyo last week.
    stayed for 9 days coz couldn't the room beyond 8 nights - apparently Korea has the golden week and room was bookd out from the day we departed.

unlike our initial plan ened up like shopping trip spending 2.5 days at Akiba n Ekebukuro. :p
    of coz for our little one visited Snoopy Museum on the last day of the 1st exhibition as it's up for 12 months only with 2 different exhibitions at 6 months each as well as Sanrio Puroland, and Disney Sea. Was thinking of buying tickets in adavnce but ended up buying from Lawson for Puroland and on site at Disney Sea. :p

although don't get to use often by my rusty Japanese was still enough to get by asking various people on street for the directions and what not. //heh//

this trip will be 7th for our teen and 5th for little one and 14/15 for missus. for me don't really know coz I've been visiting Japan since '89 with once or twice a year.

LeHaM likes this.