1. We live again. All extra functionality removed for now. Search may be broken as may be other things. With love, ASSEMbler.

Chihiro on XBOX

Discussion in 'Chihiro Development' started by Dabman, Mar 14, 2010.

1. InfinityHell

InfinityHell Active Member

I think it work like this
    [​IMG]

It could be difficult to make this work in full software =)

Edit: the "cpu" is IC MCU 8051 8K RAM 24MHZ 44QFP

its a mipsel environement in one chip for usb it's like a phone processor but with ram =)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

I take another look for you at the images:
    M68AF127 (wich is a (boring in our case here)1Mbit 128K x8, 5V Asynchronous SRAM)
    And I made a error, the image and board im talking about is called the Systemboard. (I have a type1 mediaboard, no networkboard or whatsoever)
    If I follow the JVS conector, it might go to the Cypress chip.
    IC10 64K Eeprom (i think that sais enough about its capacity)

I know I have seen this before, and I found it again: https://web.archive.org/web/20091015114454/http://www.amusements-shop.com/2009/09/03/chi-hiro
    Hope someone or me still have these dumps. it actualy there is some talk about it earlier aswell: http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/chihiro-on-xbox.26483/page-27
    Not sure where your calibration code is then. will it stay between poweroffs/resets and battery remove/change ?

EDIT: I dont think you need any simulation for the mipsel. Its connected to the xbox usb connectors. making it a few usb controllers (emulated fine within xqemu and mame)
    Im sure your calibrations info is stored somewhere like ram or eeprom (with powerloss its gone from ram, so it helps if you know when it will stay)

3. CodeAsm

Testmode, press a button 16 times or so ?

4. InfinityHell

just press "sevices"button to go in testmode when the game was launched

now i can tell no system file in physical memory units to store the calibration data

I need to dump RAM but how?
    if it's possible in real time....
    because i have not finished my external ram reader yet

and if the eeprom was dumped can you give me the dump of these two chip?

5. CodeAsm

would the calibration not just be a X and Y offset for each gun? or a max and min offset for each gun? would fit almost every eeprom in existence if im correct. What I try to imply is that it would be stored somewhere, and probably somewhere easy (not in Ram, and If it does, you should be able to "emulate" it)

I had to reread your previous posts to actualy recap what and why you do things. So you want to run the game on a retail(modded) xbox, but it cant and spits out errors? or you just want to know the location the "game" saves the calibration?

6. InfinityHell

The calibration work with a center point and for variables
    -X | -Y
    X | Y
    and a smal calcul draw the center point an define the max -X | -Y | X | Y
    if the game work only with X, Y you dont need 4 point for the calibration and all test menu calibrate with 4 point on screen

CodeAsm likes this.
  7. InfinityHell

anyone could tell me if it's possible to read ram of the xbox without any external reader

i make an external reader with an fpga board but actually this project progress is 10% because i'm so lazy to solder all wire

I'm searching a way for:

-Read the ram in real Time
    -dump all data readed in a file
    -and if it's possible an hexadecimal/Assembler view

after some research on the net it seem the xbox have a debug interface working with telnet
    http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?catid=3&gameid=11&subid=1&artid=9

but after some try the telnet fail not asking p√Ęssword and user to after 1day of try and retry i'm just soo frustrated because all of xbox documentation is soo hard to find and when you find any information this is just piece of poop and inaccurate :mad:

8. JayFoxRox

JayFoxRox Spirited Member

FFS. Just gain code execution and run your own memory dumper or ask the xbdm to do it for you.
    Chihiro runs a kernel very similar to Xbox. You'll be able to install TSR rather easily probably.

You can also just run Chihiro in xqemu and create memdumps which is probably easier. Feel free to patch xqemu if it doesn't work - it will help the masses even more.

9. InfinityHell

Xqemu it's soo slow on windows i need 30minute for view the chihiro splash screen....

I think it's because i have an AMD cpu it's just a piece of shit when you need to emulate something

10. CodeAsm

on windows its definitly slow at the moment (the precompiled one, not sure about doing it yourself) but, you can speed things up by setting the affinity to just a few cores, priority high to real time (I forgot what is best, but switching between these seems to make it run faster).
    EDIT: nope, not retail xbox..

Xqemu seems like the best option next to code on a real xbox or IDA in my opinion. debugger all the way.

11. pato

pato Fiery Member

Does anyone knows if Wangan Midnight works?

12. Borman

Borman Xbox Archivist Staff Member

I dont think it does.

13. pato

pato Fiery Member

What's the reason to not run? Memory?

14. Borman

Borman Xbox Archivist Staff Member

Memory isn't an issue. Its the other hardware involved and probably software.

15. Xbox75

Xbox75 Newly Registered

I Tried to obtain the compilation referencing http://www.sendspace.com/file/cjbhuj.
    it is no longer available as for JayRoxFox link too.
    Ineed the tools. (especially extract-gdrom) as for some unbeknown reason it keeps freezing then error of MSVCRT.DLL which is located in executable folder ,the system root of drive etc.
    My OS is Win7 64bit
    also tried it on XP same error/result sometimes crash and exit on other OS

16. rtw

rtw Site Supporter 2012,2015

CodeAsm likes this.
  17. Floydthebarber

Floydthebarber Rapidly Rising Member

I finally know what Sonicdude was talking about before while using the Indbios 5003 bios and UnleashX dashboard and not being able to get the Chihiro games (VIrtual Cop 3, Ghost Squad, and Outrun 2 Beta) to work. I am experiencing the exact same thing now. It seems like somehow it worked for him when using the launch-chihiro-5.xbe tool, but I have tried using launch-chihiro-5.xbe, 6 and 7 and it still doesn't work for me. I have tried just using testmode, just using memory hack, just using mame hack, and every other combination, and it still doesn't work. I have the Chihiro folder placed in the root of the E parition and have the folders "mbcom" and "mbrom" in there and have the games installed on my F parition. So it seems that the Indbios 5003 is not a good bios to use if you want to try and launch Chihiro games directly from the UnleashX menu.

CodeAsm likes this.
  18. nonosto

nonosto Enthusiastic Member

Some one have save early Chhiro launcher sourcecode because last code availlable donsenot work after compilation.

19. nonosto

nonosto Enthusiastic Member