Battle of the Ports

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Yakumo, Jul 3, 2013.

?

Which format would you prefer for Battle of the Ports?

1. Text bar (like I've had since the first show)

15.7%
  2. Voice over, only

24.3%
  3. Voice over and text bar (for non native English speakers)

60.0%
  1. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

Sticking with the captain theme we have Captain Silver by Data East on this week's Battle of the Ports.

2. Yakumo

Power Instinct or Gōketsuji Ichizoku as it was originally called in Japan is one of the many 1 on 1 fighters that tried to cash in on the Street Fighter franchise but unlike many this has a lot of interesting and original ideas. In fact it was so popular in Japan that it went on to have 4 follow ups with the last appearing on the Neo Geo by Noise Factory.

Let's take a look at the original and it's two ports.

3. Yakumo

A little early this week since I'll be in work tomorrow.
    Battle of the Ports - Crypt Killer

4. Gameboi64

Gameboi64

About the issues you are having with running (and I apologize if I am repeating myself or what someone else said) Windows 95 ports, I would recommend the use of a Virtual Machine. If you're wondering, it is emulating Windows in a closed environment, and is quite useful when you're trying to get old software to run. If you want more help with it, just ask. It would be able to get these games running with little to no issue.

5. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015 Staff Member

Ah, Crypt Killer. Such a terrible game. If you think the graphics are bad, just imagine "playing" it on a 50" screen! http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&db=videodb&id=2167

And the hardware being base on the PS1 is no excuse, just look what Namco was able to do with it till 1998.

Anyway, one of the arcades i used to go had that big machine . Even on weekends, when it was full, most people barely had any interest to play it. Some would play one credit and already realize how unfair and bad overall it was.