Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Free voice thread.. say anything you want.

Thanks for replying, mate. I'm going to miss it. :(

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

PLEASE BE ADVISED I AM POSTED THIS ON BEHALF OF THE BANNED MEMBER IN QUESTION!

Hello,
    to start with the background story, I made a thread to check if there’s interest in a dump of 10 Press Discs. The post got deleted with Assembler stating: “all such efforts [fundraisers!] need site approval”, later he made the new rules for fundraisering. I had a look at them, and well here they are:
    1. Any fundraising must be approved by the site.
      2. Goals must be met in a set period of time.
      3. If the goal is not met, refunds must be given.

Ok, none of my business, as I didn’t intend on starting a fundraiser, I just checked interest and mentioned that I would possibly want some of the money I paid for the discs back.
    That’s why I decided just to re-post it and add some things to make it more clear that this was nothing more than an interest check (although that was what the thread title said anyways). And I mentioned some ideas if a release would happen!
    These ideas only featured me even CONSIDERING! a Fundraiser in one scenario, this being the release of all 10 discs and even then I would rather go with a donate button underneath the DL links. However I clearly stated that these were only ideas and not for discussion in this thread anyways.

To have it more clear, here’s my re-post (I didn’t save my original post):

All such efforts require site approval (<--what a darn interest check?...lol'd)

Ok, to start off again (probably won't be the exact same words, maybe some mod can edit the original post in here):

I do have 10 (actually 13, one I don't want to share and the others are doubles, more about that in the new part) [edited out] Press and Media Resource Discs I would possibly release in a community dump, if there's enough interest.
    I would possibly want part of the money I paid back (more about that in the new part!) and would like to keep the Discs.

These Discs contain pretty much everything from Fact Sheets, Screenshots, Q&A's, Videos (I think there's only 1 or 2 Discs with videos, mor about that in the new part), all the official Logos as *eps and some Jpegs, an official Logo Usage PDF file, some High-res art, it even contains quite some info about B.C. (unreleased) and for example a high-res Logo of [edited out]It also contains some Developer Logos, Developer Bio's etc. (I will add a file tree for all 10 Discs in the new part!)

The Discs are:
    [Titles are edited out, a release isn’t gonna happen now anyways]

I personally think some people might be interested in a release, so this thread only serves the purpose of an interest check, nothing else.

(the above doesn't exactly say what the Original Post said, because I simply dont remember every word, maybe a mod can edit the original Post in there?)

NEW PART:
    As for the removal of this Post: Why? Seriously?
    I never said anything about a fundraiser. I do basically have two options, either a fundraiser or a donate button or similar under the DL Links.

I would consider (!) a fundraiser if there's enough interest and I would dump the whole 10 Discs( thats quite some amount of data...) and even then I could also go with the donate button under the DL Links.

If there's only a little interest I would either dump nothing or just some of the data, by request and would simply place a donate button under the Links.

Maybe I would give the doubles to the highest donations [edited out], but that's not for discussion now, just an idea.

That being said, let's go on.

File trees are added, if someone knows a free prog that's better, let me know :P

Well, and now I (gelberhase) am banned.
    The email I got was:

“You have been banned from Assemblergames.com for ignoring
    stated rules for the site. (Fundraising)

This ban is permanent.

ASSEMbler“

uhm…well…cool...I thought I would have only have to follow the fundraising rules if I actually start a fundraiser (what I obviously didn’t do)?

Now to the actual Open-Letter-to-Assembler-part:
    Hey, say can you give me the real reason for my ban? I mean the reason you gave me is obviously not justifiable, I guess a lot of people would agree with me in this case.

I personally guess it was the nice little addition I set behind your statement for deleting my post in the first place and because I later posted that I would re-post as I didn’t see any rules I broke, neither old ones nor new ones.
    I seriously think that’s something the admin of a community should be able to tolerate and he should also be able to see that sometimes he’s not the one who’s always right.
    Sure I can understand that you don’t want like 20 fundraisers going on at once, but there’s a huge difference between a fundraiser and an interest check.
    And I only mentioned one scenario I would even think about a fundraiser, also you can think that I would have even asked for permission to put like a donate button underneath the DL Links, if there was even enough interest and that’s what I wanted to check for, nothing else.
    Should actually be something someone who wants to preserve gaming history through creating a community should understand. Or not.

So, as for now, unless you can deliver me a really good reason for my ban (in this case I would simply accept the ban) I would appreciate if my ban would get lifted, you don’t have to be worried about having me even think about any community dumps anyways (somebody please say thanks to Kev , yes I just provoked you a little, but you should be able to deal with it). If you should decide to lift my ban, please let me know somehow.
    In the likely event of you not lifting my ban, you can contact me regarding the 2 Geist Force copies I qualified for via the email address you sent the ban email to.
    And in this case I would also request the deletion of ALL my posts and file attachments.
    Thanks.

-Toby

P.S.: For the people who pm’d me or whom I still had business going with, I will contact you through other members.
    And I hope some people had a good read.
    Follow me on twitter - @kiff_mekkgaming

Feedback thread -
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?26389-kiff

I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P
    Site Supporter 2011
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Benefactor
    Geist Force Primary Donor
    Staff

ASSEMbler Soldier

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    gerbalhase the interest check as per rules is basically asking ASSEMbler for permission. If there is room and a good chance of success then he will probably say yes, if there is room and it is undesirable he would say no.

Granted your initial post proceeded the rules by about 4 hours, but you also did appear to get arsey with him (understandable at first but wrong route to go) and you subsequently stated you didn't mind or care about being banned. With 20/20 hindsight and all maybe you do? In any case after you were made aware of the rules your subsequent posts were still basically demanding an interest check - those newer posts would have definitely fallen foul of the new rules and the anger/attitutude of the time wouldn't have helped.

In either case for things like those items it is probably easier to dump them regardless and have a donate link at the bottom. I should warn you now though that for all of the things I did in a similar manner such as the DTL-S4023 which took hours to dump, scan, upload and make presentable I received a grand total of fuck all (£0.00) - but saying that the thanks are sufficient for me personally but yeah it would have been nice for a little of something.

Site Supporter 2013 Member Hardcore

I hate arrogance bitches need reality checks .
    (disgruntled drunken signature insert here)

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014

Tribuni Angusticlavii

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi385 View Post
    I hate arrogance bitches need reality checks .
    The irony.

[11-05, 20:14] amiga1200: it's fols like YOU that make me empathise with BOMBERS!

[11-05, 20:12] amiga1200:
    @ CUNTIST, i mean cyantist. aren't you on my shitlist? why are you quoting my responses? i'm not getting sucked into your englishness, sorry!

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by danhans115 View Post
    too many stickies in sony section?
    I say the sony section needs to be divided into 4. ps1, ps2, ps3, psp-other. Same for nintendo, I realize there's too many nintendo's to get their own sections, but it can be divided like cartridge vs disc-based. I mean, there's 2 different ones for the 2 xbox's so why combine all the sony consoles into one forum?:confused:

I also say there should be a kind of DIY section, where we could talk about things like cleaning, restoring, repairing, and the more technical stuff like soldering, modifying, building your own parts, etc...
    Last edited by Cyberghost; 10-15-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    PSN ID: Alannmc <-2 N's

Foot Soldier

i just love the utter silence
    how am i posting??

if you like or dislike the post concider giving me the appropriate reputation
    :-)

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by werejag View Post
    i just love the utter silence
    Ignore something long enough and awaaaaay it goes...

Foot Soldier

i very much doubt it will but in other cases im sure
    how am i posting??

if you like or dislike the post concider giving me the appropriate reputation
    :-)

Site Supporter 2013 Member Hardcore

The internet needs another review show like I need to see Rosie O'donalds vagina it just doesn't need to happen, nor do I want it to.

Site Supporter 2011
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Hardcore

Blog Entries
    First i was like :shrug:
    Then i was like :crying:
    And finaly I think this tread is :thumbsup:

Just my nineteen words.
    Collector and gamer, also hack away stuff. Im a big fan of:
    Xbox, Xbox 360 PS1, PS2, MSX,NES, Wii, all gameboy/nDS series and DC

JAMMA compatible ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

Did someone delete the 'happy 420 day' thread??
    59,630 > 57,300

JAMMA compatible ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

So?

If yes, then I'd like to know why.
    59,630 > 57,300

Milk Bar ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    Drugs are bad!!

:P

Foot Soldier

I agree we shouldnt talk about drugs first 'cause its not legal everywhere in the world, second because assembler its not an adult-only forum ....

but hey, I just didnt care about the 420, i only smoke when there's an opportunity in my free time. :P

Site Supporter 2013 Combat Soldier

The majority of the older members hates Sony and loves SEGA or it is just my imagination?

Milk Bar ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AleffCorrea View Post
    The majority of the older members hates Sony and loves SEGA or it is just my imagination?
    lol, it's not your imagination. but they love a certain time period of SEGA. very few love the SEGA of today...

ASSEMbler Soldier

Meh, don't really care either way.
    PouncingKitten Games
    Nintendo 3DS - Boxzle, Plain Video Poker
    Xbox 360 - Glide, Bingo Party, Poker Night, O.C.D.
    Flash - BunnyRun, Tic-Tac-Poker

Blast Processed Since 199X
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Site Benefactor
    Member Elite

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by graciano1337 View Post
    lol, it's not your imagination. but they love a certain time period of SEGA. very few love the SEGA of today...
    Smack bang on. Long live 16-bit SEGA! (and Saturn... and Dreamcast) and of course DOOM on the 32X. What a soundtrack!

Conscript

Mass Effect 3 is a bug ridden, overpriced piece of shit.