Thread: Community Release: Sonic Xtreme

Admin
    ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Blog Entries

Community Release: Sonic Xtreme

Update follows below.

Please read carefully.

1. This is unrelated to the previous sale. The game for offer is in no way similar to the version seen before.

Next.

Please read each word carefully.

This is not yet a formal sale.

I am fielding interest in a release of the game. Given what was paid, it would be about $60 per person to even hope to reach a break even point.

Please not I said field. Not, "The paypal lines are open and waiting"

This version is near complete.I will clarify. It's more than just a tech demo. However, there is no music. Read that again. Music. Perhaps we can fix this.

If you're interested PM me, and if we can get enough people to support, it goes to release.

I have chosen to go the PM route due to the fact that we practically get slashdotted daily, and I don't want half of the twelve year olds in north america bothering me ( should say, the OTHER half currently not bothering me).

-ASSEMbler

--------------------------------------------------

Update

Please read this carefully.

My client was warned ahead of time that a large amount of attention would be
    created by said sale. Even through a third party buffer (myself) was in place,
    the seller feels uncomfortable and fears for their job and has therefore
    instructed me to sell the item to the current highest single bidder.

Why?

The bidder does not wish to release and values privacy.

The seller has lost interest in a larger more drawn out effort as it
    may constitute large scale piracy.

I respect the wishes of all of my confidential clients.
    I do not second guess them, apply pressure or make decisions for them.

I had attempted to keep a further 24 hour window open but the client declined.

Therefore this sale is closed.

All I will say from a personal point of view is this: Such a high profile item will inevitably surface for the every day man to experience.

On another note, the unreleased acclaim n64 / 64DD game release is on
    target, and unlike this item, it will be completely free. You can read about that effort here.
    Last edited by ASSEMbler; 03-10-2006 at 06:58 AM.

Admin
    ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Blog Entries
    Anyone not a forum member as of 3 /8/ 06 price is $75.

Moderator Member Elite

Count me in. I should add, Will this be a pressed disc release to those paying?
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-09-2006 at 09:43 AM.
    -Out of the game-

Combat Soldier

Count me in as well!

Combat Soldier

Another hand in the air over here, so count me in too.

And oh, yeah, as Doy50Cal says too, will there be a pressed disc of sorts evt. for payers ?
    Last edited by Carnivol; 03-09-2006 at 09:59 AM.

FM Towns Addict
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Elite

PM'ed (with pleasure).

And as I said in my pm..if you struggle to find enough interest (unlilely I hope) I am happy to chip in a few factors more than $60

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

PM sent !! I'm well in for this and as for adding music, that shouldn't be much of a problem depending on what the game is set up to read (CDDA, WAV, PCM, ADX).

Yakumo
    TWITTER @RetroCoreYakumo

Aquaman
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Elite

The holy grail for Sonic fans, and hey that includes me :). So yeah count me in aswell. PM is on its way

Member Hardcore

I dont mean to sound like a n00b but will the cd the game comes on play on a retail american saturn or will it have to be chipped to play it? If it will play on a american console I may be interested.

This is going to sound stupid, so please forgive my ignorance, I did read the topic clearly. I also wasn't here for any previous related topics, I assume this is the second.

But this is the Saturn version, correct? I only ask, since according those behind the game, there were multiple versions in development, the PC version of which came painfully close to completion...

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Szczepaniak
    This is going to sound stupid, so please forgive my ignorance, I did read the topic clearly. I also wasn't here for any previous related topics, I assume this is the second.

But this is the Saturn version, correct? I only ask, since according those behind the game, there were multiple versions in development, the PC version of which came painfully close to completion...
    If you read carefully Assembler's post you can deduct it by yourself!!! A hint "let's try this again!!!"

I thought we were only supposed to use PM to express interest?:shrug:

Sabre

FM Towns Addict
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Elite

My reading of it was to pm to express interest, as opposed to say an email, aim or whatever. Posting here keeps the topic visible though as I don't see that it is stickied.

Edit...lol..286 people reading this forum..presumably this thread!
    Last edited by wheelaa; 03-09-2006 at 01:06 PM.

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Szczepaniak
    this is the Saturn version, correct? I only ask, since according those behind the game, there were multiple versions in development, the PC version of which came painfully close to completion...
    "This version is near complete" - ASSEMbler

The Saturn version never got anywhere even remotly close to completion (based on everything i've read), so this would have to be the PC one.

--

Several tracks were made for the game, and can easily be found online. We could probably get music for just about every stage actualy. Their is the possibility however that the copy isn't simply missing the audio files, but has no code whatsoever to run them. Without more info from ASSEMbler on the issue though, its probably not worth putting much thought into at this point.
    Last edited by Fabrizo; 03-09-2006 at 12:46 PM.

HXC
    Hell. There was never a copy anywhere near complete, in all honesty, unless it was completed afterward.

I am intrested but would kinda need to know a couple of things before saying I will pay...

Basically, if its for PC or for saturn, and is it the fisheye lense build, with the quite strange camera?

Edit: Can I also ask about the community release procedure?

Do only the paying members get a copy of the game, or do they pay, get a copy, then it is released for all?

Also, PLEASE don't put music in, keep it perfect to the original if possible.
    Last edited by HXC; 03-09-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by HXC
    Also, PLEASE don't put music in, keep it perfect to the original if possible.
    I'd assume their would be dual releases, or a patching system for those that wanted it in its original form, and those that wanted it updated.

Borisz
    Would "community release" mean that it gets dumped in bincue, or will it just get hoarded out of existence by the first freak who is stupid enough to wave 3000$ for a two-level prototype? Because as far as I know, the game never went as far as being "near-complete".

Perhaps some pics would be nice.

ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Quote Originally Posted by Borisz
    Would "community release" mean that it gets dumped in bincue, or will it just get hoarded out of existence by the first freak who is stupid enough to wave 3000$ for a two-level prototype?
    What does the term "community release" suggest to you? Is it likely that people would pay $60 so that someone else could hoard it away?

Don't mean to be sarcastic, but it's kind of an obvious one.

Member of The Cult Of Kefka Staff

ASSEMbler Soldier

Blog Entries
    pics and infos could be nice

Join the HROST Project!

I'll create a monument to non-existance! Kefka, FFVI
    "there is no dark side of the Moon really... as a matter of fact it's all dark" (words hidden in pink floyd's "Eclipse" song )

Sally
    And the other shoe drops... not really a big surprise that the recient media coverage unearthed more copies of this game... there's no such thing as "one-of-a-kind" software...

LocalH
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo
    I'd assume their would be dual releases, or a patching system for those that wanted it in its original form, and those that wanted it updated.
    That could be done after the fact. I recommend that the community release be an unmodified BIN/CUE (maybe hex edit the BIN to insert "ASSEMbler" somewhere in some empty space, such that "ROM kiddies" get the tagged version, and any person with some technical knowledge can hex edit that out and get a 100% unmodified version).

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast