Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Mother 3 screen shots

  1. #21
    Jagasian
    Guest Jagasian's Avatar
    Mother 3 looks very faithful to the previous game on the SNES, which looked faithful to the original game on the NES. I think this game will be allot of fun to play. Lets just hope it gets officially released in the West. I, personally, think that they should sync up with the Japanese names, as was done with Final Fantasy. Hence the game should be brought here and called "Mother 3" or at least "Earthbound 3".

  2. #22
    Greatsaintlouis
    Guest Greatsaintlouis's Avatar
    Since it's on the GBA, they could do some sort of convoluted naming scheme like they've done with the Mario Advance titles. It could be Mother 3: EarthBound 2: USA Remix or something confusing like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by luke_skywalker
    Look at the castlevanias on the gba while they still feel like the older nes games they look much better. Looks don't make a game but theres nothing wrong with improving upon them.
    That's not a very good example--the GBA Castlevanias are almost nothing like the NES installments. The NES games featured a fairly linear path through each area, and come with none of the RPG trappings of the later sequels - equippable weapon and armor sets, experience systems, or player stats. The GBA Castlevanias (Minus of course the NES/Famicom Mini version) are more like Symphony Of The Night than they are any of the 8 or even 16-bit games.

  3. #23
    luke_skywalker
    Guest luke_skywalker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatsaintlouis
    Since it's on the GBA, they could do some sort of convoluted naming scheme like they've done with the Mario Advance titles. It could be Mother 3: EarthBound 2: USA Remix or something confusing like that.


    That's not a very good example--the GBA Castlevanias are almost nothing like the NES installments. The NES games featured a fairly linear path through each area, and come with none of the RPG trappings of the later sequels - equippable weapon and armor sets, experience systems, or player stats. The GBA Castlevanias (Minus of course the NES/Famicom Mini version) are more like Symphony Of The Night than they are any of the 8 or even 16-bit games.

    When did i ever mention the path of the games.

  4. #24
    Besides vampires I can't see too many connections between earlier castlevania games and everything released since castlevania x.
    Last edited by Mr.saturn; 02-16-2006 at 09:01 PM.
    Picture it: Japanese day calendars no longer say "Hitler was born" on Apr. 20th, and instead say "Millions spend day playing Itoi's Motheer 3; Worldwide Happy Day"
    ozwalled

  5. #25
    Greatsaintlouis
    Guest Greatsaintlouis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_skywalker
    When did i ever mention the path of the games.
    I'm assuming that's a question.

    You stated that the current Gameboy Advance and DS Castlevania games still retained the feel of the original NES Castlevanias; I replied that they do not infact retain the gameplay feel of the originals in the way they play, and have more in common with Symphony of the Night than with any of the original NES games. Symphony of the Night, while looking somewhat like a Castlevania game, feels more like a Metroid title and--by extension--so do the current 2D installments.

  6. #26
    OmegaPirate
    Guest OmegaPirate's Avatar
    I just want more Mother...

    I will hack this baby good.

    I'll show it who its daddy is.
    Last edited by OmegaPirate; 02-17-2006 at 11:44 AM.

  7. #27
    Be Attitude For Gains Member Elite
    jp.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    1,742
    Looks good. I hope this gets a US release.


    Also, didn't Nintendo announce a Mother title for the DS?

  8. #28
    Jagasian
    Guest Jagasian's Avatar
    If this doesn't get officially released in the west, I hope translation groups are willing and capable of picking up the slack, as they have done many times in the past.

  9. #29

    Tribuni Angusticlavii
    cahaz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada / Quebec
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagasian
    If this doesn't get officially released in the west, I hope translation groups are willing and capable of picking up the slack, as they have done many times in the past.
    of course they will. Earthbound is one of those unknown serie in the west that still manage to be a cult.
    "(...)A One World Government and one-unit monetary system, under permanent non-elected hereditary oligarchists who self-select from among their numbers in the form of a feudal system as it was in the Middle Ages. In this One World entity, population will be limited by restrictions on the number of children per family, diseases, wars, famines, until 1 billion people who are useful to the ruling class, in areas which will be strictly and clearly defined, remain as the total world population." Dont let media feed you with lies. open your eyes and search information yourself.

  10. #30
    Greatsaintlouis
    Guest Greatsaintlouis's Avatar
    I just hope it gets an official release. Rom translations are nice and all, but it's too expensive to actually get the games working on original hardware, and so much of the magic is lost in emulation.

  11. #31
    Jagasian
    Guest Jagasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatsaintlouis
    I just hope it gets an official release. Rom translations are nice and all, but it's too expensive to actually get the games working on original hardware, and so much of the magic is lost in emulation.
    A high-quality flash card for the GBA and DS can be had, new, for $65 USD. That isn't very expensive, if you ask me, considering that you can use the flash card for other things than playing just one game. Here is a link for a card that I bought:
    http://www.kicktrading.ca/product_in...products_id=28

  12. #32
    nik
    Guest nik's Avatar
    getting a micro just for this!

  13. #33
    ASSEMbler Elite
    the_steadster's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London or Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    2,596
    Spend a wee bit more and get a DS. Well worth the extra money, rather than buying into a (slowly) dying format

  14. #34
    Jagasian
    Guest Jagasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_steadster
    Spend a wee bit more and get a DS. Well worth the extra money, rather than buying into a (slowly) dying format
    The DS is big and heavy. The micro is small, sleak, lightweight, and it even has a better screen than the DS. A micro and a flash card is a great way to pack a handful of great games into your pocket. The DS on the other hand is a fat cow by comparison. Personally, I am a GBASP2 guy. I like the larger screen and the compatibility with classic GB and GBC games. The GB, GBC, and GBA are not dying. Many people still have lots of fun playing those games. New GBA games continue to be released, and homebrew software for the GBA continues to be developed and improved.

    Anyway, if you are going to consider buying a DS, then at least wait until the new smaller DS is released.
    Last edited by Jagasian; 02-20-2006 at 11:50 PM.

  15. #35
    Sally
    Guest Sally's Avatar
    Just as a subnote, i don't think they're making micros anymore. Gamestop has them as "delisted" which means that they won't be resupplied with any more stock.

  16. #36
    Greatsaintlouis
    Guest Greatsaintlouis's Avatar
    Don't look now, but the official site (kindly translated by the folks at Starmen.net) has a new set of screenshots up, as well as the Mother 3 Deluxe Box set, including a LE GBA Micro. Drool, collectors!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagasian
    A high-quality flash card for the GBA and DS can be had, new, for $65 USD. That isn't very expensive, if you ask me, considering that you can use the flash card for other things than playing just one game. Here is a link for a card that I bought:
    http://www.kicktrading.ca/product_in...products_id=28
    $65 isn't bad for a GBA flash cart at all, but it's not what I could call cheap or even affordable, and it's still too much to pay for a ROM translation. My ethics would dictate I'd have the original cart as well, so we're looking at upwards of $100 right there. I don't really have much use for a flash cart otherwise--possibly for some Japanese PC conversions like Air or Tsukihime, but that's about the full of it right there. I'd much rather spend my mental energy wishing for an official English release, anyways. :nod:

  17. #37
    ASSEMbler Elite
    the_steadster's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London or Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagasian
    The DS is big and heavy. The micro is small, sleak, lightweight, and it even has a better screen than the DS. A micro and a flash card is a great way to pack a handful of great games into your pocket. The DS on the other hand is a fat cow by comparison. Personally, I am a GBASP2 guy. I like the larger screen and the compatibility with classic GB and GBC games. The GB, GBC, and GBA are not dying. Many people still have lots of fun playing those games. New GBA games continue to be released, and homebrew software for the GBA continues to be developed and improved.

    Anyway, if you are going to consider buying a DS, then at least wait until the new smaller DS is released.

    Fair enough, If you want one for size then the micro is the way to go. But if you have large trousers with big pockets, or even a madcap new invention called a bag, then the DS is a much better buy.

  18. #38
    _skitzo_
    Guest _skitzo_'s Avatar
    Hey guys, not to make another thread and clog the forums, I thought this was pretty intresting



    Quote Originally Posted by Greatsaintlouis
    See my last comment a mere two posts above yours. :-P
    Sorry :)

    Kotaku :)
    Last edited by _skitzo_; 02-21-2006 at 01:32 PM.

  19. #39
    Greatsaintlouis
    Guest Greatsaintlouis's Avatar
    See my last comment a mere two posts above yours. :-P

  20. #40
    nik
    Guest nik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_steadster
    Fair enough, If you want one for size then the micro is the way to go. But if you have large trousers with big pockets, or even a madcap new invention called a bag, then the DS is a much better buy.
    Yeah, its not going to be a big investment, and I'm sure it will take some time to get through the current games..

    To be honest its just for my girlfreind, she wants puzzle games for waiting for the bus.

    I don't have time for it, but when the power goes out, or I travel, it'll be a fine back up, especially with mother 3 and river city ransom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •