Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My AOL (America Online) floppies/CDs collection...

Mark30001

My AOL (America Online) floppies/CDs collection...

I hope it's okay posting my collection of AOL discs...

Here's my America Online floppies/CDs collection. My collection started when my dad kept his disks, from version 2.5. When I found them, since he had a lot of them, I just started collecting! :icon_bigg

Last edited by Mark30001; 11-05-2005 at 10:59 AM.

Beyond Cool Combat Soldier

Hehehe, I must have thrown about that many away over the years. Still whatever floats your boat!
    I honestly believe Gundam vs Gundam Extreme is the greatest game every created - seriously, check it out.

AntiPasta
    Oh my... that is so wrong ;-)

Foot Soldier

Best. Collection. Ever.

Member Hardcore

AOL started on commodore 64, isn't it? it would be very cool if you own such an old 5,25 floppy disc ^^

Foot Soldier

Whoa! that's awesome. I used to know a guy with a 1.0 disk. He collected them as well.

Topic Archive
    ...Thats the best use for AOL discs that I've ever seen ;-)

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

I think my friend has a floppy disk with AOL 1.0 or something on it

Mark30001
    I've installed AOL ONCE!!! ONCE in my entire life!!! After, I immediately uninstalled it!!! Even when you insert the disc, it runs installer, and you have to remove the disc to cancel setup. It still leaves behind data on your PC! :oh:

I would have thrown the discs a long time ago, but knowing myself, I've kept everything I have in boxes, including school papers from when I was in primary school...

ASSEMbler Elite

hahahaha i knew somebody would... :D

ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Keep collecting them. Then put them up on ebay. I'm sure they'll sell for mad money.

Now if only you had AOL1.0 on the old-school floppy, that might actually be worth something too.
    Last edited by madhatter256; 11-05-2005 at 04:58 PM.

Mark30001
    The thing is that I have all of the boxes, but they are somewhere...

Nice collection I have been throwing them out for years I usually snap mine, you should wait until dialup is gone and everything is broadband to sell them. Then they'll be worth some money.

ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

Hahahha, thats cool. I remember back when we had version 5 or something on our win 95 P1....good times............back when it and the internet weren't so full of dumb.

Sally
    LOL, when I was in highschool, i had more than 3000 aol cd's... And i do have the complete working collection starting from a beta .9something all the way up until 8. I had turned them all over and wallpapered a room with them, mirror side out. At one point, i had my house listed as a retail location and aol would send me a couple of hundred disks a month. If you need any to complete your set, i'm more than happy to give them away. I've gotten over my sickness and threw almost all of them away. I'll look for some of the pictures. My favorite was when i filled my then girlfriend's car about half way up with aol disks (she had a small 2 door sports car).

ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

I remember how my mom had AOL for a couple weeks and they came out with a version update, and we had to wait almost a day to download the upgrade.....it was awesome.

Mark30001
    Reminds me of the day my dad & I tried to download DirectX 7 setup onto a floppy disk. The whole process took aver 24 hrs, and at the end, there was a message saying floppy disk is full. :oh:

Clubbies Are Minis Too! Member Elite

wowzers...impresive...we would get them, open the front door and chuck them frisbe like onto the street and wait for someone to run them over, i myslef never did that.....my dad however did....good times
    Be Strange. Be Odd. Just BEAN.

Member Hardcore

I often find AOL discs in magazines imported from the UK (they have it there too - the discs are even more useless here though!), but I just use them as coasters like any other ISP CDs or those crappy CD-ROM games you get in cereals and junk.
    Turn after the SECOND CAKE!

ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

Quote Originally Posted by Zilog Jones
    I often find AOL discs in magazines imported from the UK (they have it there too - the discs are even more useless here though!), but I just use them as coasters like any other ISP CDs or those crappy CD-ROM games you get in cereals and junk.
    Dude! Remember Chex Quest?? Man that was a cool game when I was a kid, a freaking free FPS! It was awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast