Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast chat

Conscript

DC3 Dreamcast chat

I have a Dreamcast. It's awesome and I love it! Currently looking into getting a second :P What are your Dreamcast stories?

Foot Soldier

I thought it was about a chat feature in the web browser... =/

Member Hardcore

misleading thread title is misleading.

I bought my only DC off a rummage sale. Came with 72 burned games, 2 controllers and 2 VMUs.
    It is now residing at a friend's who is using it to play through ever single Rayman game in existence. The games were left outside my front door and an ad on Craigslist stating "first come, first serve"

They disappeared in 2 hours. I was planning on setting up a rudimentary security system to see who it was, but never got around to it.

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Well....there *is* a chat feature with the browser that's included with the dreamcast... IRC chat

I've used it before while I was bored

Anyway... I bought my first DC with 2 controllers and a VMU ( and 2 games ) for $30... Bought my second DC ( a black sports one with everything matching to go with it ) for $1....Third DC was for $0.50 ( and working one too! ) and the last DC I bought was the cream of the crop which was the DC, BBA, 2 lightguns, 6 controllers, some vmu's and I think a game for ~$80 shipped.

Today? I primarily use mine for PSO....that's about it...

らりるれろ
    Site Supporter 2014

Tribuni Angusticlavii

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking of something along similar lines. Anyway, here's my story:

I bought my first Dreamcast in around 2002, after it had been discontinued and EB Games was selling them for cheap. I basically just wanted it to play Dead or Alive 2, but while I was picking up the console I saw Shenmue sitting on the shelf, and I remembered hearing good things about it - even though I didn't know much about it. So I decided to give it a try. I instantly fell in love with it.

After using my Dreamcast for a while, it started to have disc reading problems, so I took it back to EB Games, and they gave me a new one. That one had similar problems, so I took it back again, and finally they gave me one that worked perfectly. It came complete in box (except no controller, but I already had 2 controllers), and this is the Dreamcast I'm still using today. I still have the box, too. I very quickly bought tons of games, since they were very cheap at the time. I now have 40 games in total. I bought a second Dreamcast a couple years a ago from ASSEMbler for $5. It has problems with the disc tray, so I'm keeping it as a backup for the moment, and in case I need spare parts.

Lately I've been playing my Dreamcast over VGA on my CRT computer monitor. It's beautiful.
    Last edited by la-li-lu-le-lo; 03-06-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Combat Soldier

I have had mine since 9/9/99 and right now I am less then 10 games away from a complete USA set. I also have all PAL exclusives except Taxi 2 as it is French only and about 100 Japanese games. Not sure what I am going to do as soon as I finish these last few games. I have been putting off buying them because of that. Think I am going to put up a trade post for all my dupes to get a few of the games I need as all are under $20 even on eBay.

Conscript

To be honest guys, I never knew the DC had a chat feature :S Apologies for the misleading title :)

I'm currently trying to source a good VGA box at the mo to do the same. The Hanzo on the other thread looks pretty good. The open design, aka dust risky, worries me a little however. And i saw an official Sega model go for around 60 (or $90 USD) on eBay yesterday, which is steep!
    Quote Originally Posted by la-li-lu-le-lo View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking of something along similar lines. Anyway, here's my story:

I bought my first Dreamcast in around 2002, after it had been discontinued and EB Games was selling them for cheap. I basically just wanted it to play Dead or Alive 2, but while I was picking up the console I saw Shenmue sitting on the shelf, and I remembered hearing good things about it - even though I didn't know much about it. So I decided to give it a try. I instantly fell in love with it.

After using my Dreamcast for a while, it started to have disc reading problems, so I took it back to EB Games, and they gave me a new one. That one had similar problems, so I took it back again, and finally they gave me one that worked perfectly. It came complete in box (except no controller, but I already had 2 controllers), and this is the Dreamcast I'm still using today. I still have the box, too. I very quickly bought tons of games, since they were very cheap at the time. I now have 40 games in total. I bought a second Dreamcast a couple years a ago from ASSEMbler for $5. It has problems with the disc tray, so I'm keeping it as a backup for the moment, and in case I need spare parts.

Lately I've been playing my Dreamcast over VGA on my CRT computer monitor. It's beautiful.
    That BBA is nice n rare ;D Well, expensive more to the point. Worth getting? Are there many people left on PSO?
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPdemon View Post
    Well....there *is* a chat feature with the browser that's included with the dreamcast... IRC chat

I've used it before while I was bored

Anyway... I bought my first DC with 2 controllers and a VMU ( and 2 games ) for $30... Bought my second DC ( a black sports one with everything matching to go with it ) for $1....Third DC was for $0.50 ( and working one too! ) and the last DC I bought was the cream of the crop which was the DC, BBA, 2 lightguns, 6 controllers, some vmu's and I think a game for ~$80 shipped.

Today? I primarily use mine for PSO....that's about it...
    Could I see a pic of that please? :D Something to aim for ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu187 View Post
    I have had mine since 9/9/99 and right now I am less then 10 games away from a complete USA set. I also have all PAL exclusives except Taxi 2 as it is French only and about 100 Japanese games. Not sure what I am going to do as soon as I finish these last few games. I have been putting off buying them because of that. Think I am going to put up a trade post for all my dupes to get a few of the games I need as all are under $20 even on eBay.
    Last edited by LeGIt; 03-07-2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: 4 Post Merge

Combat Soldier

I will at the end of the week when it is complete. I have ascii pads, bba, hard ddr pad, yellow, clear and black Dreamcast all with matching vmus and controllers. Dragoncast VS link cable. Four VGA boxes and a scan liner. Pop n Music pad and so much more to share. I even have all demo disc includi.g the rare vol.1 complete and a few kiosk demos as well as about 20 white labels, 15 GDRBETA's and all games from NGDEV, Senile Team, Red Spot games, and all Goatstore release.

XBOX, 360, One, Chihiro Moderator ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    Any reason why you've replied in separate posts? Boosting your count... :|
    XBOX Games: 154/993 | XBOX V1.2, Xectuer X3, 80GB, GDR8050L, Blue ROL+USB1.1
    XBOX Limited Edition Consoles: 5/22 | XBOX 360 Pro Matte Black Jasper v2, Xecuter Coolrunner, 500GB, 10th Anniversary DOAX2 Faceplate
    XBOX MS Equipment: 3/XX "You're a lot more serious now, than you were on the job!" - Mei (Double-S.T.E.A.L The Second Clash)

Conscript

No sorry :/ Jesus your a friendly bunch...

I thought I was just being polite.
    Last edited by LeGIt; 03-07-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Double Post Merge

Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    So you do it again?

I'm not being an asshole, but you can be banned for doing it.
    XBOX Limited Edition Consoles: 5/22 | XBOX 360 Pro Matte Black Jasper v2, Xecuter Coolrunner, 500GB, 10th Anniversary DOAX2 Faceplate
    XBOX MS Equipment: 3/XX "You're a lot more serious now, than you were on the job!" - Mei (Double-S.T.E.A.L The Second Clash)

Conscript

You know what, I'll go post in a different forum.

And if you wasn't being an asshole you wouldn't have been accusatory to begin with.
    Last edited by LeGIt; 03-07-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Double Post Merge

Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    You're reading it wrong... Besides if you can't follow a simple rule, then maybe another forum is the right choice.

Sorry for putting you into line, but when you're new you make mistakes it happens. Don't take it to heart.
    Last edited by HEX1GON; 03-07-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Combat Soldier

Conscript

You were still rude and accusatory. Boosting my count? Oh please. I'm not that pathetic. First time I've ever used a forum. I don't care about a post count; I came here to have good discussion's with like minded people. Simple as that.

OK, I made a mistake and I apologise. But your approach to "putting me in line" was just plain arrogant.

Foot Soldier

funny, I was just at my mom's house and found the box from my first dreamcast in her garage. It was the model manufactured in Japan. I still own it, but somehow just the box eneded up at my mom's. Inside was the reciept was from Costco, it costed $299 in early 2000, came with 2 VMU's, 2 controllers and Chu-chu rocket. I also had a couple of other recipts from games purchased a few months later in 2000, $49 for Gauntlet legends from Babbages and $49 for Street Fighter Alpha 3 from Software Etc. I also remember buying a couple of dreamcasts from Best Buy for $30, when Sega announced it was done and they went on super clearance, they were both models manufactured in China. One of those chinese models eventually had a disk reading problem, but the original Japanese one I bought is still good to this day.

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu187 View Post
    I will at the end of the week when it is complete. I have ascii pads, bba, hard ddr pad, yellow, clear and black Dreamcast all with matching vmus and controllers. Dragoncast VS link cable. Four VGA boxes and a scan liner. Pop n Music pad and so much more to share. I even have all demo disc includi.g the rare vol.1 complete and a few kiosk demos as well as about 20 white labels, 15 GDRBETA's and all games from NGDEV, Senile Team, Red Spot games, and all Goatstore release.
    Speaking of that dragoncast vs link.... poor things were hacked up in half to make CC's out of them... I have an example of one laying about somewhere...

I too am starting to think about a VGA box...

Foot Soldier

I have a white dreamcast, Racket boy VGA box, adaptor for use with dual joystick x-arcade stick. Two dreamcast controllers, vmu's and vibration packs. Got the dreamcast for ten dollars through craigslist. Regarding games, I go the back up route and have hundreds. I love this system and it's games so much that it still gets played more than my xbox 360.

I remember when the local arcade shop had the Japanese Dreamcast before it reached North America. They had it displayed on their counter with power stone. I was completely blown away. I got the unit the first week it finally released and showed the game to a neighbor, an old Kurdish man and he stated that it was "magic" . I would buy games every paycheck and had a group of friends that were all Dreamcast junkies. We would compete, show off new games and if I remember correctly, competed regarding the tv's that we had to show off the graphics. I also remember when the pirated game phase came into being and suddenly we all had access to import games. The Dreamcast suddenly became this insane piece of equipment. Tokyo Bus driver, Rez....Man, Rez was fantastic! Now I have the xbox HD version but still the original shines. When we got access to Shenmue 2...tears.

As a fact, I have the dreamcast on right now, ready to Dynamite cop. Frozen side of beef anyone?

Great system.
    Last edited by Lowerlevels; 03-07-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Combat Soldier

Bought my dreamcast on 9/9/99. Got Soul Calibur and Sonic Adventure with it. However the launch copies of US Sonic Adventure had an issue where they wouldn't load the game. I think it took a few days for a new pressing to be issued and you could go to the store and get a replacement.

I also was lucky to have an import shop near me so I got to play tons of Dreamcast games before they released here such as Jet Set Radio...

Foot Soldier

Nice console, but when it comes to games they're horribly overrated.
    Great graphics, but little gameplay.

I have two Dreamcast so yes, I have played the thing.
    Last edited by tails92; 03-07-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Also known as nextvolume.
    My website: Stuff@Unhaut

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast