Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiggy's junk

Wiggy's junk

Just built some new shelving to replace the built-in crap that came with the house to make some more room. I'll post more detailed shots and whatnot at some point, but this should illustrate fairly well what my collection is about.

Pardon the crummy pics. My basement is dark and I didn't really feel like dragging flood lights in (though I am planning on some track lighting ASAP).

quick panoramic

slide out console and controller storage

Felt that I needed a little dorky tree topper of sorts. So I cranked this out the other day for the controller drawer :)

Still needs to be painted, and I've essentially outgrown it before even finishing, but there's plenty more room in my basement for more shelving. More to come...

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Benefactor
    Foot Soldier

Wow, Love the look! Great job.

Looks so neat & tidy.

Thanks! That's always part of the goal for me :)

Blast Processed Since 199X
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Site Benefactor
    Member Elite

Blog Entries
    I want a basement! Very jealous, looks amazing! Plenty of room for expansion too?

Thank you!

Yup, I already have a plan for moving the DVDs over to a new shelf along with my CDs, which are currently housed elsewhere. See my dorky plan.

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Looks Great :-)

Blast Processed Since 199X
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Site Benefactor
    Member Elite

Blog Entries
    Damn! You even have a floor plan? Kick ass!

Gotta have that floor plan ;)

Added a little needed light. Just need to build a false wall in the back now and add a switch.

Foot Soldier

Very nice stuff there!

Are those fluorescent lamps? I believe that incandescent lamps reduce the yellowing of the devices you have with that special plastic that halts fire... (almost all of them)
    If the issue is the extra energy, it will not be that big. I don't think you'll let the lights on all the time anyway.
    If the issue is the mood, the incandescent color is better, imo.
    You can try halogen lamps too. But I've never used them, so I don't know.

Edit: Engrish
    Last edited by Rogue; 01-20-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Cheap-o incandescent woven back and forth in there ;)

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#BVRRWidgetID

I 100% agree about the color, which is why I didn't do LED ;) Halogens burn too damned hot for me to feel safe having them all enclosed like that. Plus they tend to be rather bright, and I really just wanted a bit of light for mood and to help me find the controller that I need :P
    Last edited by wiggyx; 01-20-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Admin
    ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Blog Entries
    Amazing neo geo collection you have.

Also, great carpentry.

Over 9000 for sure.
    Last edited by ASSEMbler; 01-20-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Member Elite

thats pretty awesome well done!
    *Insert Awesome Signature Here*
    ..... Inserting.....

***Syntax Error***

Insane redneck retro gamer... ASSEMbler Elite

Blog Entries
    "Welcome to our insanity."

'nuff said.
    Classic hardware collector and modifier. Currently focused on Sega, Xbox, and Nintendo stuff. New Xbox project:
    What ever you do, DON'T CLICK HERE!!!
    I'm now on Sega-16

Member Elite

Awesome Collection Wiggy. Really that shit is top notch.

Ever gonna make a thread in the market place to sell your GBMicro faceplates and Custom Backlit GBA's once you get 50 posts? :D

also: I see your Custom SNES tucked in front there on one of the shelves too hah, it's nice looking.

(Yes, i've been lurking lol http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...red-Happenings)

I wish I could build a shelving unit like that.
    Last edited by Vosse; 01-20-2013 at 07:46 PM.

JAMMA compatible ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

I can't be the only one who's wondering what all those boxes really are? I know some of them are plastic boxes from some website + custom covers, but what is the stuff on the right?

Not sure, but I can't help that it doesn't really look like a game collection cause there aren't many original cases on the shelves? o_O
    59,630 > 57,300

Member Elite

Custom game cases. Most are UGCs with custom covers and others look to be handheld game cases with custom covers that Wiggy did over at TCP(IIRC anyway)

JAMMA compatible ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

What I was wondering is why those GameBoy Color/Advance boxes (the fat white ones) look as large as Neo Geo shockboxes? Are there like 50 cartridges in each box?
    59,630 > 57,300

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Nice stuff! I was always going to construct shelving similar to this myself for my collection, but the shape of my room was sadly prohibitive.
    Neo-geo.com - fuelling Dion's ego for the past 10 years!

Quote Originally Posted by ASSEMbler View Post
    Amazing neo geo collection you have.

Also, great carpentry.

Over 9000 for sure.
    Thanks!

You mean the Neo Geo Pocket stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by synrgy87 View Post
    thats pretty awesome well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicdude10 View Post
    "Welcome to our insanity."

'nuff said.
    Thanks! Been lurking here forever, and I figured I've got enough oddball stuff and projects to show at this point, so I may as well post :D

Quote Originally Posted by Vosse View Post
    Awesome Collection Wiggy. Really that shit is top notch.

Ever gonna make a thread in the market place to sell your GBMicro faceplates and Custom Backlit GBA's once you get 50 posts? :D

also: I see your Custom SNES tucked in front there on one of the shelves too hah, it's nice looking.

(Yes, i've been lurking lol http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...red-Happenings)

I wish I could build a shelving unit like that.
    I do indeed plan on it! I'm actually working on faceplate designs right this moment (DMG gameboy style and NES controller). Also making some custom buttons to complete the look of some of these derivative design ideas ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ave View Post
    I can't be the only one who's wondering what all those boxes really are? I know some of them are plastic boxes from some website + custom covers, but what is the stuff on the right?

Not sure, but I can't help that it doesn't really look like a game collection cause there aren't many original cases on the shelves? o_O
    Here, this should help :P

It's actually been re-kajiggered a bit at this point, but same stuff really. I make ALL of my own covers for my games. I started off using a few from TCP, then shortly after printing a few N64 covers, I realized that I can't stand the purple and green picture spine crap, so I made my own all white template. Form that point I just kept making my own. I'm at 400+ covers total now :P

All of My Covers on TCP

Quote Originally Posted by ave View Post
    What I was wondering is why those GameBoy Color/Advance boxes (the fat white ones) look as large as Neo Geo shockboxes? Are there like 50 cartridges in each box?
    They actually hold my portable consoles. They are a bit thicker than shock boxes, but not as deep or quite as tall. They're just 2 or 3 UGCs (Universal Game Cases) attached and re-sleeved with re-purposed guts to hold whatever. The only exception is the Nomad which I had to make a one-off box for. Too damned big :/ I make 'em to hold all sorts of crap.

DS cases too.

I always hated having bare carts on my shelves, ESPECIALLY the N64 stuff (ugh, no spine titles). When I found the UGCs and TCP, I just couldn't help but dive in, and then my moderate interest in casing became an absolute obsession. It just makes everything so damned tidy. Feeds the OCD in me quite well :)

Member Elite

So what exactly is going on there with those buttons and the paint? Is the stuff around the buttons to hold them in place for the paint or?
    (sorry I know literally nothing about painting that isn't watercolor haha...)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast