1. HANZO - THE ULTIMATE DREAMCAST VGA BOX WITH SCANLINER
2. KURO Ė DREAMCAST VGA BOX
3. SCANLINER Ė SCANLINE GENERATOR
***THE LEGEND HAS EVOLVED***
***BEST INVESTMENT FOR YOUR DC***
1. Who is Hanzo?
Hanzo was a legendary Samurai in the Sengoku era of Japan. You can recall him from the Kill Bill movie series and some fighting games too.
2. I meant "What is Hanzo?"
HANZO is a Dreamcast VGA box with built-in scanline generator. A few months ago, when we first started we built these boxes and gave a small run.
However it took too long to build one, because of drilling and soldering works. So we decided to design a PCB to make it more robust and durable also easier & faster to build.
3. What are the benefits of a VGA box?
Dreamcast natively supports VGA output mode however you need a special cable to enable this mode. So you can play your favourite arcade games in higher (480p) resolution on VGA monitors, modern displays like plasma and lcd screens.
4. I am happy with my RGB Scart cable. Is it worth the upgrade?
RGB Scart cable can support up to 480i, which is interlaced and not progressive as a VGA box. RGB Scart gives only 15khz, however VGA is 31khz, which enables clearer, sharper and more detailed images that you can't get with an ordinary composite, S-video or Scart cable.
5. I heard that some games don't support this VGA mode, is it true?
Yeah, it's true, some games don't support the VGA (31khz) mode. Dreamcast checks the type of cable plugged while booting and it refuses to boot if the game doesn't support the VGA box.
6. So how can I play these games with this VGA box?
It's possible to trick the console to pass this limitation on those games. Our DC VGA boxes includes a switch to let you change between the 15khz and 31khz modes to alter this check.
7. What about audio?
It has RCA Stereo audio jacks to let you plug your console to an amplifier or a stereo system or simply your TV.
8. I heard about scanlines but I am not sure if I need them. Do I really need them?
Modern displays don't give the feel of our old CRT TVs. Old games look better on old TVs,
however your new hi-tech screen gives edgy, pixelated graphics which decreases your gaming appetite. This is because CRTs have scanlines and games were designed for these displays. If you are an enthusiast of 2D fighting games or shoot 'em ups, you will notice it's even worse in VGA mode because of the higher details. Scanliner (what I call for our scanline generator) eliminates this problem by enabling scanlines in VGA mode. So you can play your Street Fighter 3 game in full glory even better than before. To be honest, Dreamcast was never my system of choice for playing those fighting games until I discovered scanlines. I was missing the old days with my Sony CRT. Now I canít stop playing them on my plasma monitor.
You can find more technical info here: scanlines.hazard-city.de
9. What other features does Hanzo have?
You can turn off Scanlines easily with a switch, you can select even or odd scanlines, you can change the width of the scanlines, thin or thick for a resolution like 1024x768.
10. Is that all ?
We use high quality shielded video cable for better picture quality on our boxes. It has a blue power light. Hanzo name is laser etched on top. Best of all it can be customized by choosing the color of plexi sheet. Clear, black, red, white etc. For example, black top- red bottom or clear top-black bottom.
11. How much does it cost?
Hanzo costs $49 plus shipping. Shipping is $6, each additional item is $2 more,
e.q. 3 boxes cost (49x3)+(6+2+2)= $157
12. What method do you use for shipping?
Regular Airmail with tracking number and signature upon delivery.
13. How long does it take to arrive?
About two weeks, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. It may even arrive in 4 days, if you are lucky or 4 weeks if itís season.
14. Where are you located?
15. Do you have them in stock?
Please ask for availability.
16. Do you offer any warranty on your products?
Yes, itís a 1 year warranty. In case of any failures or damages on the product, it can be replaced or fixed if you return it.
17. Does it include any manuals?
Yes, it includes a downloadable PDF instruction manual to make it easier to operate.
18. Do you have a website or blog?
Yeah, we are building one and will launch it soon.
19. What about Kuro?
Kuro was a regular DC VGA Box with headphones jack for audio output and a 15khz/31khz switch. Itís discontinued because of the same reasons above.
20. Will you release it again?
Yeah, it will be build on the same design, it costs $39+shipping. It has RCA jacks instead of the 3.5mm headphones jack. Photos soon...
21. What about the Scanliner?
Again, same design. VGA(HD15) MALE pigtail cable to VGA FEMALE. Includes On/Off, Even/Odd Select, Width Select switchs. It costs $35+shipping (as above). Photos soon...
22. How can I place an order?
Please reply in this thread to place your order and I will PM you for payment details...
23. How big is it?
It's very small, about 2.3x2.3x0.59 inches or 5.8x5.8x1.5cms
1. Pushky (Portugal, SHIPPED)
2. WakaLaka (Canada, SHIPPED)
3. manopac (Austria, SHIPPED)
4. KIT786 (UK, SHIPPED)
5. drosophyl (New Zealand, SHIPPED)
6. Joeh1974 (USA, SHIPPED)
7. Reign (USA, SHIPPED)
8. pza (Austria, SHIPPED)
9. sleep well 83 (UK, SHIPPED)
10. caligula43 (USA, SHIPPED)
11. kronsj (Australia, SHIPPED)
12. JagNasty (USA, SHIPPED)
13. Sess (USA, SHIPPED)
14. godlikechild (USA, SHIPPED)
15. Prindpxxn (Germany, SHIPPED)
16. stoney05 (USA, SHIPPED)
17. gabe (USA, SHIPPED)
18. MIGHTYrog (UK, SHIPPED)
19. Xtrminatr (USA, SHIPPED)
20. Bunkyb (Australia, SHIPPED)
21. icecream208 (USA, Paid 14/03/13,
22. deltronik (USA, Paid 16/03/13,
23. MyCrunkyBaby (USA, Paid 21/03/13,
24. Minute Fong (UK, Paid 22/03/13,
25. fireball87 (USA, Paid 27/03/13,
26. atari2atari (USA, Paid 01/04/13,
27. nekusasu (Portugal, Paid 02/04/13,
28. demianariel (Argentina, Paid 09/04/13,
29. eim88 (USA, Paid 12/04/13,
30. sean697 (Hawaii, Paid 13/04/13,
31. beanodk (Denmark, Paid 14/04/13,
32. jorugburn (USA, Paid 16/04/13,
33. makaighost (USA, Paid 24/04/13,
34. ceramiclion (USA, Paid 25/04/13,
35. Teddy KGB (USA, Paid 25/04/13,
36. Mulletizer (USA, Paid 26/04/13,
37. davelee1982 (USA, Paid 26/04/13,
38. heavyd203 (USA, Paid 02/05/13,
39. stammer (UK, Paid 03/05/13,
40. Nigel79 (Espana, Paid 03/05/13,
41. WJR22000 (USA, Paid 06/05/13,
42. Metalownage1 (USA, Paid 09/05/13,
43. Mach (USA, Paid 10/05/13,
44. Tarbuk (France, Paid 11/05/13,
45. ronjohnson (USA, Paid 18/05/13,
46. smoke monster (USA, Paid 18/05/13
1. Endgame22 (Canada, Paid 13/04/13,
2. justice99 (France, Paid 15/04/13,
3. laghi72 (Italy, Paid 17/04/13,
4. VKL5.03P (Canada, Paid 24/04/13,
5. VKL5.03P (Canada, Paid 24/04/13,
6. ekek2009 (USA, Paid 06/05/13,
SCANLINER1. Endgame22 (Canada, Paid 13/04/13,
2. justice99 (France, Paid 15/04/13,
3. laghi72 (Italy, Paid 17/04/13,
4. Rax (France, Paid 10/05/13,
5. CoolMod (USA, Paid 11/05/13,
Previously Completed Orders:
KURO (DC VGA BOX WITH HEADPHONES JACK)
1. Sektor (Australia)2. CD ageS (USA)3. Gromber (Espana)
4. alphagamer (Germany)
5. Axearmor (France)
6. sickgamer87 (USA)
7. sickgamer87 (USA)
8. Supermarketey (USA)
1. zouzzz (France)
2. CD ageS (USA)
3. aab (USA)
4. Atreyu187 (USA)
5. RetroJunkie (Australia)
6. BrAzE (UK)
7. squale(France, special order)
8. Yakumo (Japan)
9. Justice99 (France)
1. Deka (USA)
2. RetroJunkie (Australia)
3. Grey Fox (UK)
4. wayner (USA)
Thanks for looking!