Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Great Rare Fundraiser : Conker's BFD and Perfect Dark Betas

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

The Great Rare Fundraiser : Conker's BFD and Perfect Dark Betas

For our guests from places outside of the normal scope of the site, fundraisers work by giving someone who owns the prototype money. In this case, I paid up front to someone who owned these prototypes so that they didn't disappear, and am simply wanting to lessen the blow to my wallet. I am not the original owner of the prototype, so I do not have the fancy carts.

What you are getting :
    *PAL Beta of Perfect Dark (Two days before final build - C-Up and C-Down to enable MCM, less options than NTSC)
    *NTSC Beta of Perfect Dark (March 22nd 2000 build - C-Up and C-Down to enable MCM, a couple of more options than PAL)
    *Conker's Bad Fur Day "Debug" (October 25th, 2000 build - Hold all C buttons on start to cause an interrupt and the debug menu. Doing so later crashes the game, but it may work on real hardware)
    *Conker's BFD ECTS Demo Build (Made for a trade show, lots of differences, lots of crashes. Hit start to skip the intro cutscene or itll crash)

Note that I cannot say how much uncut or possibly uncensored stuff there may be in Conker. I never played the original game to any extent. I was told to check out the particular scene here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDetfI62G1w

Which is obviously different. There are also other differences throughout, that I can see while checking quickly. So it is clearly NOT retail :)

Last edited by Borman; 05-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.

I wonder if this beta still has the PerfectEye (is that the right name for it? If not, it's that feature that let you take a picture of someone with the Game Boy Camera and make them an in-game enemy. Whatever it's called) intact? Unless I'm mistake, it's removal was fairly last minute, so perhaps it'd be accessible here?

If it's the same as video submitted to me the guy said it only had the mcm menu but not perfect face (which was removed long before releaded) or anything else. However I really really hope that build comes out one day, that's for sure.

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Who knows what is in the binary itself. Anyone have some good tools to check out for PD?

You can use the setup editor, and try loading the ROM in 39850 in PD mode. It might load and the click export all files. It might not. If not, use the GEDecompressor to rip all the files.
    Last edited by SubDrag; 10-07-2012 at 11:03 PM.

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by SubDrag View Post
    You can use the setup editor, and try loading the ROM in 39850 in PD mode. It might load and the click export all files. It might not. If not, use the GEDecompressor to rip all the files.
    Tried to open it directly in the editor, doesn't see it as a valid rom. Decompressing created a bunch of numbered .bin files.

Sweet! Thanks for the sneak peak!

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

It'll be up for a public release sometime in the future.

If you're willing to investigate some hex per my instructions, I can try and make it support the files in the editor (it would give you the names). If you just use gedecompressor it's hard to compare because files are likely different locations. There's quite a bit to compare though, images, music, and sound banks too. I guess it's good news it has a different spot for things, means it's different. Although if it's PAL I must admit I mostly explored NTSC, but editor will load PAL PD in 39850 so it's definitely different. Did you notice anything besides the MCM menu that's different? Do you have a date on the build?

Foot Soldier

Thanks for the pics borman, big fan of perfect dark here.

@Skyrunner

I believe it was called Perfect Head, I digress

"I'll floor it!" Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    Awesome Borman!
    YouTube | Twitter | Feedback | XBOX Archive
    if you send me more than 1 PM with the same question, prepare to be ignored

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

If you're willing to investigate some hex per my instructions, I can try and make it support the files in the editor (it would give you the names). If you just use gedecompressor it's hard to compare because files are likely different locations. There's quite a bit to compare though, images, music, and sound banks too. I guess it's good news it has a different spot for things, means it's different. Although if it's PAL I must admit I mostly explored NTSC, but editor will load PAL PD in 39850 so it's definitely different. Did you notice anything besides the MCM menu that's different? Do you have a date on the build?
    Hex is fine. Ill be looking at the game in more depth soon, but Im not sure I would recognize any changes unless it hit me in the face.

Member Elite

I'd be happy to test it on an Everdrive if you wanted, otherwise I'll await release

edit: nevermind just noticed it's a PAL release, probably not gonna dig my ntsc system
    Last edited by derekb; 10-08-2012 at 10:36 PM.

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

I just need to free up some funds for an Everdrive. If not, it works fine in an emulator really, Id just imagine the text is a bit more visible on a console.

Member Elite

does your emulator say whether its actually running in PAL or if it's booting in NTSC, I could check the debug menu if it does run in ntsc

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

It's a PAL beta, 50hz and all. And I won't be sending it to anyone unless a release happens anyway :P

Can you post date of build?

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Can you post date of build?
    What is the easiest way to do so?

Foot Soldier

Always love to see Rare information on here, Thanks!
    Yeah I'm artsy as shit, can't you tell by how tight my pants are?

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast