Hm, the mismatch is caused by an in-game SRAM checking routine, so no clues there. The game fills each SRAM byte with a pseudorandom value, reads it back to verify and then restores the original value.
http://sd2snes.de/files/v0.1.4test/fpga_base.bit <- please put in sd2snes folder
Does this change anything? All it does is give the SNES address a bit more time to stabilize before taking the value from RAM. (assumes longer address setup time).
^ trying it as I write this...
edit: did two 9min tests, it seems fine... usually I get it in under 2mins, I am still running the 2nd test, so far so good
Last edited by keropi; 07-24-2012 at 10:09 AM.
I would get the bug within seconds but now i let it sit for 10 minutes and it seems to not be doing it anymore. I will run a one hour test in a little bit. My save file seems to have gotten corrupted because I cant hurt any of the enemies anymore and my main character dies at random. I will start the game over.
^ I did notice that the initial "boss" is way harder now, dunno if this random or not...
edit: 35mins of waiting, still the game works
edit2: 50mins all still OK, closing for now.... ;)
Last edited by keropi; 07-24-2012 at 10:53 AM.
I usually end up with one character nearly dead and the other in good shape after defeating the thief boss without any special measures if that's any indication. ;)
Yeah, I have really varied luck with that first boss. Sometimes I get him with everybody well over 100 HP, and other times he gets one character down to critical.
Anyway, good to hear that things seem to be working for everyone now.
Incidentally, the near-real-time saving was the thing I was least excited about with SD2SNES, but now I love it. It's like playing a game on an old floppy where I have a tendency to save, then look down to watch the LED light up. I've completed four RPGs so far on it, and it's way better than the PowerPak (much love for the PowerPak as well though). And it's nice that, when I have a nice endgame save that I don't want to screw with, I can make the .srm read-only and, well, not screw with it. :P
Yeah, that was my impression as well, at least for most of the initial shipments. I didn't know if any of you had gotten it from the preorder batch though - I thought maybe Retrogate or maybe the backorder batch.
Originally Posted by adimifus
Last edited by Eyedunno; 07-24-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Well I left it on for an hour and twenty minutes. It still worked and didn't freeze on the menu. I guess its fixed I will paly the game till the end and will report if anything else happens. I know that by nature this is a buggy game and its troubles are only made worse by the translation (which to this day is still not finished). Thanks for taking the time to look into this Ikari and thanks to everyone who left their SNES on for long periods of time to verify the issue.
Hey, no problem; that's the only way I ever got a 00 finish in ALTTP!
Originally Posted by ceramiclion
Yeah I have cartridge #26, from wave 3.
Originally Posted by Eyedunno
I'll download the file and let my snes run while I'm at work tonight, see what its like when I get home. Not that I necessarily need to let it run that long, but I might as well since I need to leave soon and that amount of time should be plenty to test.
awesome, glad to hear the problem is gone for more people that tested more :)
So my SFC has been on the save screen for about 10 hours now and no glitch. Thanks for the quick response and fix ikari!
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to test this! :)
Well, I finished the game completely with no game-breaking issues. The game does have a tendency to freeze during battles but I believe that is a fault of the game and not the SD2snes or the translation. Indeed a very good RPG.