I have a question about a PS3 DEX System.
I won't post links because I am unsure if it is against the rules. I am reading alot of different things people claim a DEX unit can do and can't do, I came here to ask my questions because atleast here I figure I can get my answers without drama or ego's getting in the way. Here are my questions....
1. Can they boot retail games off disc?
2. Can you use the BD-Emulator, To boot ISO images? without needing the system keys or making a fself?
3. Can you use normal PSN games or do they need debug eboots?
I can help answer at least a few questions.
1. Yes as long as you have high enough firmware for the game.
2. The BD-Emulator doesn't use ISO's per say. The BD-Emulator uses a hard disk formatted in it's own special format. Up to 4 disc images can be stored on the hard disk. Basically you re-master the disc using the tools. I have done with this a retail disc but the image would not work.
3. Retail PSN pkgs will not install on a DEX (well at least on any firmware above 1.50). So at a minimum you need to convert the packages to debug packages. The issue that I have come across is that every tool needed to compile packages complains about using retail eboots. I have had success in using retail updates on debugs, and a few PSOne games with some trickery.
So, Retail games boot, and homebrew will work if coded properly? Awesome, Everything I want in firmware. Not play Resistance 3 is killing me.