Thread: Sega Mega Cd Model 1

Foot Soldier

Sega Mega Cd Model 1

Hi there guys, just a little price check, i have been trying to buy a Sega Mega cd Model 1 for quite some time, but i never got to it, now im really comited in saving up for it, but i never really knew how much they go for, if anyone could give me an insight on this one i would be very thankfull.

Now im looking for the Mega cd EU Model 1, not the US or Jap versions.

Thank you in advance

Enlightenment ASSEMbler Soldier

I believe the EU version of the Mega CD 1 is much more rare than most other versions.

1HCg6o6zJkxtjNfyzGHtwZbXgCC7Kdf231

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Druid II View Post
    I believe the EU version of the Mega CD 1 is much more rare than most other versions.
    That would be right i almost never see these in person in Australia but ebay and Amazon ,retro game stores,pawn brokers and maybe flea markets are your best bets for a reasonable priced working one tbh i have seen less then 5 of these in the wild in Sydney Australia in the last 10 years they are very hard to come by in my city but they are still here somewhere you just gotta look outside your city really

Foot Soldier

Yes Druid you are right, its in fact the most rare version of the 3, because most country in europe never had the Mega cd 1 for sale they only got the mega cd 2 a good example of that is my country in Portugal we didnt had a mega cd 1 only 2 our adds even feature a mega drive 1 with mega cd 2 combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxZjQ1w-SIg

EDIT: brendband as i said unfortanly my country never got the mega cd 1 so pawnshops and flee markets are a no go.
    Last edited by pedro; 05-08-2012 at 06:16 AM.

ASSEMbler Elite

Good luck. I've considered it. Yet hard to seriously justify the huge price. let alone shipping.

mega cd 1 would offer nothing useful to me that a common sega cd 2 already does. especially since my everdrive might be able to load the mega cd 1 bios file, making them even more similar if that idea works. except neither a mega cd or the flash card can change the console into 50hz for any ntsc un-friendly games.
    Last edited by Lum; 05-08-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Combat Soldier

They're like all over the place in the UK and in my experience easier to come by than a mega CD 2, I got a boxed mint one for 15

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgeyourbets View Post
    They're like all over the place in the UK and in my experience easier to come by than a mega CD 2, I got a boxed mint one for 15
    well the thing is that if i order from the UK even if i get it for that price that by the way its impossible i still have to pay about 40€ on shipping :(