Thread: Wondering if I could setup up the IS Nitro Emulator to play DS games on TV?

Foot Soldier

Wondering if I could setup up the IS Nitro Emulator to play DS games on TV?

Hello,

I got a IS Nitro Emulator a while back and I didn't know there was a IS Nitro Emulator and IS Nitro Capture. I bought it with the hope of being able to play DS games on a TV screen.

I was informed a while back that the IS Nitro Emulator is used for debugging and creating games. The IS Nitro Capture is used to see/play the games look on a screen and collecting video and screenshots.

Anyways, what I am curious about is if I could somehow setup the IS Nitro Emulator to be able to play games on a TV screens like the IS Nitro Capture?

I am figuring that it is not possible, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I got some good info which answered my question.

Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Danstrife7; 08-03-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Combat Soldier

Not unless it has the "Video" option checked off on the underside.

Site Supporter 2012 Foot Soldier

From what I've been reading it's not possable.

"Moving in Stereo" ASSEMbler Hardcore

Been curious about this,I know they don't output video but was it possible to send it off to Nintendo for a upgrade and if so was it hardware or software.
    You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe.

People donít think the universe
    be like it is,but it do.

-Black Science Man

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Pikkon View Post
    Been curious about this,I know they don't output video but was it possible to send it off to Nintendo for a upgrade and if so was it hardware or software.
    Hello Pikkon,

That is a good question. I actually considered do that, except I heard from other members on assemblergames that if I did that, they would most likely force me to return the IS Nitro Emulator to them.

Only developers are suppose to have this equipment, so me having it is not acceptable. Nintendo doesn't want their development hardware to land in the hands of their competitors.

Even if I could do that, I have learned that the IS Nitro Emulator cannot play retail DS or GBA games by default. It can load games if it is connected to a computer and plays the games from a file on the computer, but I would like to play my own physical DS games on a TV.

So unfortunately that is not a option. Thanks for the comment though, I hope that maybe answer's your question?

Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Danstrife7; 08-03-2012 at 04:05 AM.