Thread: More DTL-T10000H questions!!!!!

Combat Soldier

Ps2tool Assemblergames More DTL-T10000H questions!!!!!

So as some of you may know, my TOOL has broken for ages now, and I was just wondering if anyone here may know why the EE chip would die, and is there a way to fix it???

Every-time I load the OS it won't connect to the PS2 board, but I can load DSIDB sort of, well it gives me the flash rom version and most other things to do with the "I" side of things but not the "E" side.

I've pulled it apart 6 times now and re-seated all of the boards but I'm still having no joy.

Member Hardcore

Overheating? I'm not sure if it's even capable of producing enough heat, but it could be just from heating and cooling cycles that the EE is slipping off of the BGA mount.
    If that's the case, then theres not much hope- you'd need someone who can fix PS3/Xbox 360s the proper way and see if he's willing to attempt to re-mount the chip.

It could also be some other smaller chip on the board itself. If I'm understanding this correctly, your problem could lay in some other chip rather than the EE- something that would get in the way of the boards connecting.

I'm giving advice from the extent of my knowledge, so don't 100% rely on it.

Admin
    ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Blog Entries
    I have a replacement EE board if you would like to buy it.

Foot Soldier

lol, why not run hardware test to find out where got shit
    ?

ASSEMbler Soldier

If you can connect a PC serial port to the EESIO you can see the EE KTTY and then it should give some DECI2 bootup messages.

It's unlikely the EE chip is dead. More likely the board has RDRAM problem and that prevents the EE from fully starting up. That would explain you being able to only talk to the IOP.
    PlayStation Aficionado.
    MSX Maniac.

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by ASSEMbler View Post
    I have a replacement EE board if you would like to buy it.
    How much were you wanting for this??? (It's the big main board aye??)

Quote Originally Posted by l_oliveira View Post
    If you can connect a PC serial port to the EESIO you can see the EE KTTY and then it should give some DECI2 bootup messages.
    Would I have to modify anything to do this??

Quote Originally Posted by l_oliveira View Post
    It's unlikely the EE chip is dead. More likely the board has RDRAM problem and that prevents the EE from fully starting up. That would explain you being able to only talk to the IOP.
    Do you know where the RDRAM is on the TOOL??
    Last edited by PS2Guy; 04-29-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Conscript

Quote Originally Posted by PS2Guy View Post
    Would I have to modify anything to do this??
    If I remember correctly there is a connector on the main board that connects to the PC card in the tool. It even looks has the same connector as a serial port on the main board.

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Keberasky View Post
    If I remember correctly there is a connector on the main board that connects to the PC card in the tool. It even looks has the same connector as a serial port on the main board.
    Thanks, I was thinking that it could be that one. Did you know what program I would need to connect it to the computer?? And what operating system I can use??

Conscript

Thanks, I was thinking that it could be that one. Did you know what program I would need to connect it to the computer?? And what operating system I can use??
    I know for sure that hyperterminal in windows will work. Really though it should work with just about any operating system with the right software. I believe the connection settings are to use 9600baud with 8-N-1 for options. It's been a while but there are guides out there for the retail PS2 for doing the same thing. You can also use the guides for connecting a Cisco router using the console cable as reference as there are tons of those guides out there.

Foot Soldier

did you find any error on QA NG test or Self-diagnostic Test?
    Attachment 3347
    Attachment 3348
    Attachment 3349

just find out which one not pass :)
    Attachment 3350
    Last edited by HI_Ricky; 04-30-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by HI_Ricky View Post
    did you find any error on QA NG test or Self-diagnostic Test?
    So that's through the PC side connection aye??

Conscript

So that's through the PC side connection aye??
    More specifically this is using the tool's web interface. To get to it you must connect an ethernet cable to the PC card and open webbrowser to http://<ip address of tool dev port>. I believe this is documented in the SDK but I'm having trouble locating where it is documented.

Combat Soldier

Yeah I've been in there before, but I don't remember seeing a test function in there. I'm currently setting up my Dev computer again so I can have a look.

Combat Soldier

Ps2tool Assemblergames Finally got a test dump.

So it's taken me a few days to get my Development Environment back up and running. I've gone and done a test like Hi_Ricky suggested. My screen did nothing like the photo's in his post. My TOOL also did nothing like the pictures either.

I have attached a zip file with a download of the web page that was left after the test. Maybe someone could tell me if my TOOL is stuffed or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ASSEMbler Soldier

All I can see from the log is:

SBC (Linux) board has more memory than it's supposed to (not a big deal but grants you a NG on memory test).

And SBC can't talk to the PS2 side at all. I'd suggest you disassembly the unit and check the backplane board throughly for cracks.
    PlayStation Aficionado.
    MSX Maniac.

Combat Soldier

I've upgraded the processor and memory on it. It's got a Pentium III 1.0Ghz and 256mb SDRAM.
    I must admit that the backplane is the one thing that I've never really looked at much before. Every other component has had a very good going over more than once.