Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [N64] Possible founded Conker64 and Dinosaur Planet Catridge

N64 [N64] Possible founded Conker64 and Dinosaur Planet Catridge

Hi, I was looking for some information about Dinosaur Planet for N64, and I found this. The problem is I dont know its true or not.

http://www.nintendoplayer.com/site-u...rives-us-nuts/

Dont have much information, but is possible this new is true?

Combat Soldier

Sure, why not?

You RTFA though, right? That cart can hold game data only until it loses power, so basically it's just a (customized) rewriteable cart w/o any data on it and a sticker on it saying 'conker' - the actual game's still MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by rso View Post
    Sure, why not?

You RTFA though, right? That cart can hold game data only until it loses power, so basically it's just a (customized) rewriteable cart w/o any data on it and a sticker on it saying 'conker' - the actual game's still MIA.
    Well, I dont know about this topic, but if a person have a catridge of Donosaur Planet and Twelve Tails that main news, 2 catridge really important to need be dump.
    Last edited by Gaudy; 04-20-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Foot Soldier

There is no data stored on it.

Combat Soldier

According to that article and many threads on these very forums, there is at least one known prototype of Twelve Tales. Unfortunately, the person who was believed to have owned it passed away, so we have no idea what happened to the cartridge. Even if we do know where it is, it goes for an insane amount of money, around $12,000 - $15,000. I shudder at the thought of what a Zelda 64 beta would cost....

The cart in that article is not Conker 64. It WAS Conker 64, or rather, it once had data for Conker on it while the game was still in development and being tested. There is nothing from Conker on the cartridge anymore, so it is pretty much just a collectors item.

"And that is what makes this different from other prototypes: the dev cart would have communicated with a PC via an SCSI cable to run the game data. A computer at Rare would have stored the game and this cart would have loaded it temporarily. Once removed from that source, the memory is lost (the technical term for this is “volatile storage”). In other words, the actual Conker 64 game is no longer present–the dev cart was simply a tool to transfer Conker 64 for short-term play-testing on a TV."

"No doubt an important piece of Rare’s history, it still drives us positively nuts knowing that builds of Conker 64 ran on this cart in the past but can no longer be accessed. Conker and Berri are still squirreled away somewhere, trapped in an abandoned computer drive (or, worse, wiped clean years ago–possibly around the time when these carts were meant to be tossed out)."

Foot Soldier

They save everything. Invariably a copy of each major version and source would be on DAT at least, likely copied to disk at a later date if only because DATs aren't as reliable over time. It won't be gone, just near impossible to get past their inordinately high security.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Hardcore

Why did they scrap this game in the name of making the N64 a more mature system when they were making games like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark? Should have finished it and just make a new FPS or something.

Foot Soldier

The point was that it would have been yet another cutesy collection-adventure title on a system innundated by them, so marketting wanted a gimic. So, they redid the title to be what Conker64 is now. It is silly though.

Rare had been swerving that way slowly as it was, for good or bad, and Conker was only one peg in the board. Earlier there's the (somewhat) removed strip club in PD's Chicago, and the later title 'grabbed by the ghoulies' is an obscenity in Britian.

Still, they would need to use a traditional flashcart to show this at electronics conventions and to send to reviewers, so there's the possibility that a copy is still roaming free.

Foot Soldier

wow, what a awesome find !
    According to that article and many threads on these very forums, there is at least one known prototype of Twelve Tales. Unfortunately, the person who was believed to have owned it passed away, so we have no idea what happened to the cartridge. Even if we do know where it is, it goes for an insane amount of money, around $12,000 - $15,000. I shudder at the thought of what a Zelda 64 beta would cost....
    we go knock knock to his/her parents door: hi there ! was wondering if I can have back my n64 game I lent to your son years ago....

xD
    Last edited by Franzh11; 04-23-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Foot Soldier

@the quote, yeah I'd heard about that, unfortunate that nintendomad passed away, rip. Sorry to revive this thread, still very curious about these games, though. Probably no new news on them anyways.

Has anyone heard about the strategy guide for this game? I found this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/12-Tales-Conqu.../dp/1566867630 I wonder if it's worth more than the dude is selling it for.

Combat Soldier

From the Publisher

"Conker's Quest provides gamers with complete walkthroughs for the entire game, boss strategies, all the puzzle pieces and tons of secrets to defeat the enemy. With this practical guide in hand, players can help Conker and Berri save their friENDs kidnapped by thugs, before finally ridding the once-peaceful universe of the hoodlums.

Conquer's Quest, the first dual character, action/adventure game for NintENDo 64, features unique artificial intelligence capabilities allowing characters to be conscious of the environmental conditions around them.

The characters, Conker the squirrel and Berri the chipmunk, act as partners throughout the game by pointing out missed objects, making facial expressions alluding to impENDing trouble and providing valuable tips to the player. The characters work to recover more than 100 items which are scattered throughout four different worlds. The game is filled with challenging obstacles, puzzles, enemies and useful items to help the team. "

• Paperback: 112 pages
    • Publisher: Brady; Pap/Vhs edition (February 2000)
    • Language: English
    • ISBN-10: 1566867630
    • ISBN-13: 978-1566867634

Hmm, interesting find. I've never seen it before. In the title and description, why is Conker spelled wrong? (or right, whatever) Also, why does it have odd capitalization for NintENDo and impENDing?

According to the description, this came out (or was supposed to) in February 2000. I wonder if that was the original release date for Conker64 until it Rare decided to change it. The cover looks amateurish and fake, but who knows, it might be legit.

Member Hardcore

I found that some years back myself, and ended up contacting some guy who worked at Brady back then, forget his name. But he told me the guide was never published, let alone made since they apparently never got a copy of the game from anywhere. I still remember him emailing me out of the blue some time ago asking if I've found a prototype for the game yet :)

Of course, the fact that's up there with a pic is still intriguing. Someone should contact the seller and get pics. Most likely a Bad Fur Guide put in the wrong area, but you never know I guess. Edit: I msged him just to see.

The cover looks amateurish and fake
    That's how all of Brady's guides looked XD
    Last edited by Bramsworth; 07-02-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    I'm Pro-A'can

I was wondering myself about why it was spelled wrong but it's clearly spelled correctly on the actual image.

Bramsworth please let us know if they respond. the seller is International Books so it doesn't seem like a scam

Member Hardcore

Got a reply that basically said their inventory is across several warehouses and they don't even confirm condition of books with people before sending.

So looks like unless someone makes the plunge we'll never know what this is. Though I seriously doubt a guide was made and actually printed but has never shown up till now.

I hope this game gets dumped someday, still interests me the most of all unreleased games, especially with how long I waited for it when I was younger. Bad Fur Day doesn't make up for it, despite being a great game that I'm glad got released either way..
    I'm Pro-A'can

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Bramsworth View Post
    That's how all of Brady's guides looked XD
    No kidding. Searching "bradygames totally unauthorized" on amazon shows a bunch of shitty covers from old 90s games. I love how most of them look like they have nothing to do with the games they represent.

If I had $85 to piss away, I'd definitely take a shot. Unfortunately at the moment, I don't. What are amazons return policies for third party sellers? Could someone purchase it, confirm whether or not it's fake, then get a refund if it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bramsworth View Post
    Got a reply that basically said their inventory is across several warehouses and they don't even confirm condition of books with people before sending.

So looks like unless someone makes the plunge we'll never know what this is. Though I seriously doubt a guide was made and actually printed but has never shown up till now.

I hope this game gets dumped someday, still interests me the most of all unreleased games, especially with how long I waited for it when I was younger. Bad Fur Day doesn't make up for it, despite being a great game that I'm glad got released either way..
    Thanks for sharing. If that's the case we can only hope they have a liberal return policy. I have some doubts as well but the fact that it's $80 used definitely raises an eyebrow because none of the other used guides from them even come close to that price unless they're new.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    What are amazons return policies for third party sellers? Could someone purchase it, confirm whether or not it's fake, then get a refund if it is?
    I looked it up and it depends, it says to contact the seller to find out if they add any stipulations to amazon's default return policy so I emailed them. I'll post here when I get a reply.
    Last edited by alienjiz420; 07-08-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Member Hardcore

So you're thinking of buying it?

I don't know what to assume from the price. I can't imagine they'd be aware of it's rarity if it really were a Twelve Tales guidebook, unless the person who put it up was a gaming fanatic and knew what it was(in which case, they'd keep it for themselves I'd think :p).

I look forward to where this goes..
    I'm Pro-A'can

Combat Soldier

How do we know this isn't just some fake book made with the intent to rip off some unlucky fan? For all we know, it could just be made up nonsense with pictures taken from various Conker64 videos. But what if it isn't? What if this is actually real and the only chance we might have to get new info anytime soon? I have conflicting thoughts about this...

Assuming they issue refunds for products incorrectly labeled (or fake), I can try to gather up funds and buy it if no one else wants to. I don't really care who buys it, as long as it's someone from this site that would be willing to scan it.

Foot Soldier

it's definitely fake.
    random book added to the wrong product page.
    never got made.
    waste of money.
    seller didn't want to provide me proof.
    Last edited by blixa; 07-08-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast