Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mint Net Yaroze bundle (H3002)

  1. #1
    Foot Soldier
    deep3r's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    315

    Mint Net Yaroze bundle (H3002)

    Th and is the market even around, would anyone buy it?
    P4131483.JPG

  2. #2
    Member Hardcore
    pool7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,001
    These come up very often (not sure if DTL-H3002, but mostly DTL-H3000) in eBay... price varies a lot, depending on how complete it is and how crazy is the seller.
    Currently only 2 listed from 2 different crazy sellers:
    1-DTL-H3002, just the console and 1 controller (+ av and power cable) for 300 GBP (USD 476 according to eBay conversion).
    2-DTL-H3000, the consol, 2 controllers, the dev disc, the boot disc and the Lightwave disc (which is useless without the dongle, although you can get a crack for it) for USD 555.

    I guess you could easily ask USD 400 given the condition and completeness of the unix and its contents.

  3. #3
    Foot Soldier
    deep3r's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by pool7 View Post
    These come up very often (not sure if DTL-H3002, but mostly DTL-H3000) in eBay... price varies a lot, depending on how complete it is and how crazy is the seller.
    Currently only 2 listed from 2 different crazy sellers:
    1-DTL-H3002, just the console and 1 controller (+ av and power cable) for 300 GBP (USD 476 according to eBay conversion).
    2-DTL-H3000, the consol, 2 controllers, the dev disc, the boot disc and the Lightwave disc (which is useless without the dongle, although you can get a crack for it) for USD 555.

    I guess you could easily ask USD 400 given the condition and completeness of the unix and its contents.
    From what Ive heard, the market is dead. I dont even know if its worth selling, is there any specific sites where there are enthusiats for this, or perhaps any members on this site that are after a net yaroze?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Member Hardcore
    pool7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,001
    I'm after one but can't afford either its price or the shipping costs or customs fees... :(

    Not sure if someone if currently after one, but every now and then there's a WTB thread looking for one ;)
    The Yaroze scene is indeed pretty much dead; however the console is generally sought after not much for development, but for it's region-free feature and/or the matte finish on both the console and the controllers.

    Also, the ones on eBay (if fairly priced based on the how complete is the package and its conditions) tend to go pretty quickly (if you want to post it in there).
    Last edited by pool7; 04-16-2012 at 01:43 PM.

  5. #5
    Foot Soldier
    deep3r's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by pool7 View Post
    I'm after one but can't afford either its price or the shipping costs or customs fees... :(

    Not sure if someone if currently after one, but every now and then there's a WTB thread looking for one ;)
    The Yaroze scene is indeed pretty much dead; however the console is generally sought after not much for development, but for it's region-free feature and/or the matte finish on both the console and the controllers.

    Also, the ones on eBay (if fairly priced based on the how complete is the package and its conditions) tend to go pretty quickly (if you want to post it in there).
    Are you based in the UK? I would happily cut you a deal on the unit just to get it off my hands.

  6. #6
    New member oldmanhouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    20
    I think these are mostly sought after by collectors rather than aspiring PS1 devs. There are more accessible ways to make PS1 apps, using a retail PS1 and a third party SDK. Do you still have the Access Card? That's kind of crucial, given that the console won't boot the dev software without it.

    I'd love one of these, but even though the market for them is small, people still stump up a lot for a complete/nearly complete unit.

  7. #7
    Member Hardcore
    pool7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by deep3r View Post
    Are you based in the UK? I would happily cut you a deal on the unit just to get it off my hands.
    Unfortunately no; I'm based in Argentina... but thanks anyway :)

    @oldmanhouse
    In case he doesn't, you can either:
    -buy one in ebay (currently only 1 is available, at a very expensive price; USD50 IIRC)
    -use a gameshark/action replay/xploder device (the one that goes in the parallel port) to bypass the Access Card check
    -use the cracked boot cd available in the web; though you'll probably have to do some swapping since the Yaroze won't boot burned discs.
    Last edited by pool7; 04-16-2012 at 04:12 PM.

  8. #8
    New member oldmanhouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by pool7 View Post
    @oldmanhouse
    In case he doesn't, you can either:
    -buy one in ebay (currently only 1 is available, at a very expensive price; USD50 IIRC)
    -use a gameshark/action replay/xploder device (the one that goes in the parallel port) to bypass the Access Card check
    -use the cracked boot cd available in the web; though you'll probably have to do some swapping since the Yaroze won't boot burned discs.
    Ah, that's interesting. I knew of the cracked boot disc but didn't know there were cheat device codes about to patch out the check. I think if I had the proper kit, I'd like to do it properly with the Access Card rather than hack about with it

  9. #9
    Site Supporter 2014 Foot Soldier
    Zetrox2k's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    109
    hi mate, i also have a complete yaroze kit with access card, dongle and serial cable. Just to note it is possible to bypass the access card check using a pro action replay device (not sure about the software action replay, i have the actual hardware AR dongle that plugs into the parallel port.

  10. #10
    Member Hardcore
    DefectX11's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The REAL Vancouver
    Posts
    1,240
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm interested in this kind of stuff. I can see why the market is dead, but not 100% dead.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •