Thread: DTL-H1100 doesn't read anything

DTL-H1100 doesn't read anything

Hello,
    I got this unit from japanese auctions and i quickly find out that it doesn't read anything(as i know - i should be able to hear the drive when i try to launch games). I tested all region games and bootlegs - nothing works.
    Here is a link to archive with photos of my unit - on one of them you can see the drive.
    http://www.2shared.com/file/dAO12zsD/
    Please let me know whats wrong and what can i do with it.

Conscript

The first diagnostic trick I would try is booting the console with the door open and holding the door sensor. You can try this with or without a disc, however a disc is a better test of the drive. You are looking for the laser light when you first hold the sensor down. With the disc in you should see the disc motor spinning.

If you can't see the red light then chances are you have bad laser that needs to be replaced.

If you can see the light but the disc doesn't spin it could be the laser needs adjustment or the disc motor is burnt out and needs to be replaced, or you have a bad laser (common problem with all PSX's I'm told.).

Foot Soldier

try with the drive of another PSX, they're all the same, if still not work you may have some cold joints on the pcb, a scph-1001 of mine died of that

ASSEMbler Elite

Quote Originally Posted by pc_91 View Post
    try with the drive of another PSX, they're all the same, if still not work you may have some cold joints on the pcb, a scph-1001 of mine died of that
    Cold joints are a repairable fault.
    PlayStation Aficionado.
    MSX Maniac.

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by l_oliveira View Post
    Cold joints are a repairable fault.
    of course they are, if you can find them, or use some sort of soldering station a reflow the entire pcb, but that was too expensive so i gave the console to a friend who collects them

Where to buy original drive for my DTL-H1100?
    Which models of drive will fit to my DTL-H1100?(of course i'm not willing to saw something inside like one guy told me in case if drive not fully fits to my DTL-H1100)

Conscript

The laser assembly that you need should be the KSM-ACM part. PSX's didn't have drive's per say and the laser assembly is the closest equivalent part. You will probably find though that the cost of buying these parts is about the same as buying an entire retail unit. The equivalent retail models are SCPH-1001 to 350x as far as the laser parts go.

Foot Soldier

A while back I had an SCPH-5501 where one of those tabs broke off, The tab fell INTO the laser itself. It is unlikely but possible.

Site Supporter 2014 Foot Soldier

Hey mate, DTL-H1100 are notorious for disc drive problems.... may need to replace.

ASSEMbler Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    A while back I had an SCPH-5501 where one of those tabs broke off, The tab fell INTO the laser itself. It is unlikely but possible.
    Actually it was a very common problem with retails... ;)
    Last edited by l_oliveira; 05-03-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    PlayStation Aficionado.
    MSX Maniac.