Thread: Atari 2600 4 switch price check

Member Hardcore

Atari 2600 4 switch price check

Hey- Just looking to get a price for this. Atari 2600, 4 switch model, in box, 2 joysticks, 2 paddles, 21 games, some old papers, and a receipt.
    Box is in great shape, with bad corners, as per usual. The edges are nice, all flaps, no rips. Small sharpie marking on it.
    Internal boxes are good, all flaps, but creased, and the paddle remote box is ripped in a corner. Overall, very clean.
    Unit itself it impecable, but the bottom sticker with the serial number, info etc is peeled off and quite folded up.
    21 games-
    -Fathom
    -Moonsweeper
    -Atlantis
    -Dodge 'em
    -Combat
    -Cosmic Ark
    -Dragon Fire
    -Space Attack
    -Demon Attack
    -Berzerk
    -Swordquest w/ manual
    -Carnival w/ manual
    -Space Invaders
    -Donkey Kong
    -Chopper Command
    -Defender
    -Asteroids
    -Missile Command
    -Keystone Capers
    -Riddle of the

All have no boxes or manuals, unless otherwise stated.

And pictures
    SAM_3097.jpg
    SAM_3098.jpg

ALL-STICK Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Blog Entries
    Can't price the games, but the system alone, without a box goes for $100+

Master Baiter
    Site Supporter 2011
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeXiGON View Post
    Can't price the games, but the system alone, without a box goes for $100+
    Pesos?
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...ad.php?t=31524
    My feedback thread, since it seems somewhat difficult for people to find.

A quick ebay search shows that there are indeed people wanting such crazy prices for a 2600 with box. Saw e.g. a boxed 2600jr (the ugly black one) for 70, that's about the triple of what my mom paid for one just after the wall fell. oO
    If those prices are realistic is another question.

edit to add crazy ebay link:
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/DEMO-Model-At...item3f14ced901
    Last edited by nameless hero; 04-10-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Member Hardcore

I tried eBay, and got no definite results- some were $1k, and others, $150.
    I guess I'll just put it up here and see what happens.

Conscript

Quote Originally Posted by DefectX11 View Post
    Hey- Just looking to get a price for this. Atari 2600, 4 switch model, in box, 2 joysticks, 2 paddles, 21 games, some old papers, and a receipt.
    Box is in great shape, with bad corners, as per usual. The edges are nice, all flaps, no rips. Small sharpie marking on it.
    Internal boxes are good, all flaps, but creased, and the paddle remote box is ripped in a corner. Overall, very clean.
    Unit itself it impecable, but the bottom sticker with the serial number, info etc is peeled off and quite folded up.
    21 games-
    -Fathom
    -Moonsweeper
    -Atlantis
    -Dodge 'em
    -Combat
    -Cosmic Ark
    -Dragon Fire
    -Space Attack
    -Demon Attack
    -Berzerk
    -Swordquest w/ manual
    -Carnival w/ manual
    -Space Invaders
    -Donkey Kong
    -Chopper Command
    -Defender
    -Asteroids
    -Missile Command
    -Keystone Capers
    -Riddle of the

All have no boxes or manuals, unless otherwise stated.

And pictures
    SAM_3097.jpg
    SAM_3098.jpg
    Maybe I can provide some assistance with this . . .

My pricing is as someone who sees a LOT of units, and pays "collector" prices, not craigslist prices or eBay "Buy It Now" costs. That means my pricing is slightly lower than what the market for an "interested buyer," as we call them, might pay :)

A loose, unboxed 4 switch ATARI, the "CX2600A" model, WITHOUT a S-video/composite video mod, and in good clean, WORKING condition (the power switch and reset switch are usually the first to go) is in my estimation worth about $40.

A box with MATCHING serial numbers (look on your box and try to match to bottom of console, which sounds like the sticker is damaged?) adds another $20 to that price. Having the ADDITIONAL boxes for the paddles, power supply, and joysticks is nice, and a plus.

I'd say $70 to a collector would be fair for this unit. Craigslist, eBay, you might get $150 from that hypothetical "interested buyer."

The carts, all common to uncommon at first glance, except FATHOM, which is a "scarce" cart. Label quality looks crisp and clean, and the ACTIVISION titles don't appear to be suffering from "Acti-plaque" on the labels. Some instructions included. I'd say $30 for the lot of games would be fair. Hard to sell those to a collector, as they are looking for individual labels at this point, and would try to piece them out from you.

I'd say around $100 to a collector, maybe $150 in a craigslist or eBay sale, or closer to $200 on a good day.

Try starting the bid at $0.01 and let it ride on eBay. Make sure to get pictures of the matching serial numbers if possible - - that would be a plus! As well, focusing on the quality of the plastic, and un-worn nature of the switches, etc.

If you can video mod it for composite and or/, that would add another $50 to the value.

Hope that helps, others' opinions may differ . . .

-a2a

Member Hardcore

I've put it up locally so that I can grab some cash for a Laserdisc player and a couple other things. Thanks for the help!