ed-md or mega ed
how are everdrive md and mega everdrive different.
Virtually all the same features of the EverDrive-MD plus...
A few things that may be added via OS updates in the future:
- Uses Cyclone II FPGA, much more powerful
- Firmware/OS are loaded directly off SD card during start up, no more need for JTAG to update Firmware
- Save States - Stop and Start a game at any point
- Access to menu system in-game
- Has both microSD and regular SD slots, so you have option of not having to mod cart shell if you don't want to do that
- Mini USB port
- Games load almost instantly, no more waiting
- Plays WAV audio files
- Can handle larger ROM files
- Built-in Hex Editor
- Supports Korean SMS mappers
- Supports both Game Genie and Play-Action Replay codes
- Better interface
- FM sound support for SMS games
- Emulators for earlier systems
- Possibly some type of internet play via the USB port to computer (would require special hacked ROMs to work most likely)
Last edited by StoneAgeGamer; 04-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Internet play should be amazing!!
Any chance to buy only the Mega ED bare pcb?