Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new OS v 1.23 availavle

Member Elite

new OS v 1.23 availavle

problem with sram version of DK64 was fiexed. also i fixed some bugs in FAT systems which may a cause of lost of files

http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index....Fos-bin%2F1.23
    I looking for genesis 2 with motherboard VA2

As always, thanks for your quick support! Does it mean we can now play DK64 unpatched [!] versions?

Member Elite

i not make changes in eeprom, so if OS 1.22 lost dk saves, then 1.23 will lost also. so play [f2] with forced sram

Okay, i understand, this was the fix that f2 not booting up in 1.22 correct? Thanks :), i have antoher question, this fat error does it exist in OS 1.13? Thanks in advance

Member Elite

those fat error exist in all previous versions

Is the FAT problem related to windows wanting to "scan and fix" the SD card (and subsequently trashing it) for unknown reasons?
    Last edited by discomike; 03-27-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Member Elite

yes. also old os may damage some files on SD randommly.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but Donkey Kong U f2 still does not boot with force SRam on my Pal N64.

Member Elite

probably U version not compatible with pal systems. i not said that U version should work on PAL, i talked only about saves, which not worked on carts v2

Thanks for your reply. NTSC U F2 works however with OS1.21 and before. It has been broken since 1.22

Member Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo64 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. NTSC U F2 works however with OS1.21 and before. It has been broken since 1.22
    not broken! sram not work at all for DK in 1.21. turn off sram in 1.23 and you will be able to pas those intro on your PAL system.

works fine for me now on pal n64 1.23 so dont know what the problems is but it must be your end.

I am confused. On OS 1.23, without forcing anything, the game won't boot, I will just get a messed up Intro (EEP16K that is detected by the Everdrive). When I choose Force SRAM, I get the same result. However, when I choose Force SRAM 128, the intro as well as the Game work fine, but will loose the save.

@ XiTaU
    What settings are you using exactly? Do you force anything? Does the game keep the save after you get the first crown?
    Last edited by Nintendo64; 03-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Member Elite

game work without sram forcing on pal system with osv1.23. you press c-up? if yes, then you take save configuration which was used in previous times, so if sram was forced, it still be forced if you reload game by c-up. you should not press "force sram" each times when you reload game. save memory configuration will be reset to default only when you loads game with start button. i repeat that dextrose intro hangs on pal system if sram memory was detected by code of intro, so you have no chance to run U rom in case if sram works correctly and intro able to detect sram

i tried it with force sram and it got past dextrose intro havent tried saving or reloading as i just loaded the game to see if it works will try save and reload when i have some free time.

Okay... i have played DK64 PAL F1 (Boot&Save) with force SRAM for about one hour, the save is still there, i have got the first key, i will play on tomorrow lets see what it brings ;) PS: I can confirm that force sram on U (F2) dont work at all
    Last edited by Alex_1985; 03-31-2012 at 05:56 PM.

@Alex, what Cic does your Card has? I am starting to believe that DK64 just like Banjo Tooie checks for the CiC.

Just to make sure that I am doing nothing wrong:

The first time I start the game, I choose Force SRam. After finishing, I save ingame and press Reset.

The next time I play the game, I do not force anything (so that it says EEP16K) and Press Start.

Is that correct?

What I find strange is, that the game deletes the save, but the selected language is still remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo64 View Post
    @Alex, what Cic does your Card has? I am starting to believe that DK64 just like Banjo Tooie checks for the CiC.

Just to make sure that I am doing nothing wrong:

The first time I start the game, I choose Force SRam. After finishing, I save ingame and press Reset.

The next time I play the game, I do not force anything (so that it says EEP16K) and Press Start.

Is that correct?

What I find strange is, that the game deletes the save, but the selected language is still remembered.
    I think i have an CIC7101, i have saved 4 times then reset as you, BUT i forced every time sram and then press start! Let me know if this helps! :)

PS: I will now play on and tell you if everthing workes! :)
    Last edited by Alex_1985; 04-01-2012 at 05:12 AM.

That is how I tried it first. I played until I got access to Level 2. Saved a few times and pressed reset. Did not work for me so far. Could it be in relation with my N64? I have a Pal FRA RGB modded one.

Do you try this with new OS 1.23? Or before? I will now play Level 2, i will tell ya, if it works..., i have standart PAL. Played 2 hours so far and i am @ 5% save is still there

EDIT: Finished second Level, save still there, here's the mdm5 hash from my rom C48C46362602766EA758FAAEED88AF50
    Last edited by Alex_1985; 04-01-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast