Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare Wii Games

Rare Wii Games

I have been thinking long and hard about what sole game console I want to collect for. I think I am going to go for the Nintendo Wii ,what rare games are there on the console? (Pal territories)

Thanks in advance!

Just a bit different Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Blog Entries
    Start off with Launch titles. However I have no idea how rare Wii games can get really...

Milk Bar ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    Really? The Wii??? I know there's a lot of shovelware on most consoles but the Wii is really bad. A very low percentage of good games to bad games. Why do you want to collect for the Wii? If you don't mind me asking.

ASSEMbler Elite

One Piece Unlimited Cruise Double Pack may have only released for Germany.

In the US Fritz Chess, Dokapon Kingdom, and Guilty Gear XX Access Core Plus can be hard to find in parts of the country. Not exactly sure about PAL...

Foot Soldier

In PAL territory there are some games printed in low copies. I'm talking about jrpg, Tales of Symphonia is quite rare especially sealed. Also Shadow Tower is not so common.
    I repeat, only sealed games can be considered rare if we talk about Wii. I also think that some limited edition will be hard to find in the future (like the Monster Hunter Tri and Mario Anniversary 25th).

Combat Soldier

Shadow Tower is PSX, you must refer to A Shadow's Tale (Lost in Shadow).
    I'm thinking of Cursed Mountain and Ougon no Kizuna to begin with.

Foot Soldier

I said Shadow Tower because it's the translation of "La torre delle ombre" in italian language :) I don't know exactly the English title but I'm talking about that platform game where you are only a shadow guy..

I post here on the toilet sometimes.
    Tribuni Angusticlavii

GG Accent Core Plus can go for well over a hundred dollars, I luckily found mine at a store clearancing it for 15 :D that's less than I paid for GG Accent Core lol

As far as RARE games... Metroid Prime triology is hard to come by. And IIRC there were some Game Cube remakes that got a very limited release.

Combat Soldier

the good thing about collecting wii games is its relatively cheap, you can pickup brand new wii games (older stock) for 3-12

Foot Soldier

The World of Golden Eggs Nissan Note is one of the most notable "hibahin" based on a famous anime from Japan.

Some auctions (seen some months ago) for a sealed copy have already reached 10000 Yens on Yahoo Auctions but the same one cans still be found for 4000 yens in Mandarake

In Europe side , i have noticed such games like Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure from Capcom who is pretty unknown and a Shadow Tales from Hudson Soft

Hidden Palace Zone : My Collection

SuperGrafx
    The Formula One 2009 game is considered rare here in the US.
    I sold a copy recently on Amazon for a decent price. It was only distributed through (shudder) Gamestop...

Foot Soldier

Nice to see someone else collecting Wii games. I'd start with the limited editions: Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary, Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story, Monster Hunter Tri, Animal Crossing, Zelda Skyward Sword...
    Normal editions: (some already mentioned) Tales of Symphonia 2, Metroid Trilogy, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Discounted games I bought that were good to great: Okami, Little King's Story, Zack & Wiki, Klonoa, Muramasa, A Boy & His Blob, Metal Slug Anthology, Harvest Moon Magical Melody

Most first party titles have kep their original price down here: New Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Returns, Mario Party 8, Mario Galaxies

Good luck!
    Last edited by Pikmin; 03-17-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Combat Soldier

I'm going to say: pick up a copy of Wii Sports, the standalone boxed edition. Sort of like how a boxed Super Mario Bros. 1 for NES is worth the price of a small house - most everyone who wanted it got it as a pack-in.

Foot Soldier

Sakura Wars is probably going to be rather uncommon, it was released beside the far better PS2 version, Phantom Brave for similar reasons. I also suspect Xenoblade will be rather rare based on the fiasco surrounding it, like the Tales of series, the .hack series and PS2 FFXI, this one seems to be set up for a failure.

らりるれろ
    Site Supporter 2014

Tribuni Angusticlavii

Apparently Metroid Prime Trilogy is somewhat rare, or valuable at least. I have a copy - it's a really nice collection. The motion controls work really well with the Metroid Prime games. It's too bad more games didn't make use of the Wiimote in this way. It's cool that they were able to cram all 3 games onto one disc.

I bought mine the day it came out, and I don't think I've seen another copy since.
    Last edited by la-li-lu-le-lo; 03-18-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by la-li-lu-le-lo View Post
    I bought mine the day it came out, and I don't think I've seen another copy since.
    I found my copy in remarkably good condition for $25 used, about a month ago at a Swap Meet one mile north of the Tijuana border. Good stuff is starting to show up there.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Your feedback is great I am off to the states in a while so its taking a back-seat but I am always finding really good stuff in boot sales and stuff will keep this updated with any interesting finds!

ASSEMbler Elite

One Piece Unlimited Adventure is getting pricey too.

Combat Soldier

You'd be amazed what weird titles you come across when checking Japanese Wii games in Google.
    - Captain Rainbow
    - Haneru no Tobira Girigirissu
    - Zengoku Dekotora Matsuri
    - Sukeban Shachou Rena

Aquaman
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Elite

I think the PAL version of Shin Chan (full title: "Shin Chan Las Nuevas Aventuras Para Wii") will be pretty expensive someday! As far as I know the game (for PAL territory) is exclusive to Spain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast