Shinra meine heimat ―― エスプガルーダⅡ
    #940694 +(588)- [X]
    <@JackD> ooh, a app store on its way for windows :) how nice
    <J700> it's called piratebay
    My Feedback Thread

Help me to get free space on DropBox :)
    http://db.tt/vIoY8HlF

Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman3 View Post
    Who is this user your refering to on sega-16 because i'm interested in buying an Amiga and what price range does he usually want for one?
    Shoot a PM to Jax184 over at Sega-16. I'm not too sure what he'll be asking for, as I was simply quoting him:

And just to note that if anyone near Vancouver wants an Amiga, I've got more than I know what to do with. I'd let a few go at pretty good prices.
    My personal advice would be to go for the $100-ish price range.

Quote Originally Posted by hrahn View Post
    Just remembered another game that shall not be forgotten:
    Speedball2 - Brutal Deluxe!

Also "The chaos Machine" is well worth a look. Anything by the Bitmap Brothers really.

And for everyone looking for games & software, this site should be high up on your priority list:
    http://www.back2roots.org/

Every game on there has the blessing of the owners/copyright holders/creators to be there, so it is safe to download and enjoy whatever is on there :)
    The Chaos Engine, actually, but yeah both are great games. The top developers/publishers for the amiga had to be, in no particular order:

Gremlin
    Team-17
    The Bitmap Bros
    Psygnosis
    Delphine

those 5 teams are responsible for more awesomeness than just about any others. My personal favorite out of that group is Gremlin - they made games in so many different styles, and they were almost always amongst the best of their respective genres.

Saturn > PS1+N64
    Tribuni Angusticlavii

Blog Entries
    Team 17 used to be really awesome (not counting those incompetent copycat Body Blows games), now they do nothing but whore out the Worms franchise, which has turned into crap for children.

Quote Originally Posted by 7Force View Post
    Team 17 used to be really awesome (not counting those incompetent copycat Body Blows games), now they do nothing but whore out the Worms franchise, which has turned into crap for children.
    They also put out Super Stardust HD, which rules

EDIT: Wait, actually, they might not be involved in that...
    Last edited by The Perfect K; 02-28-2012 at 01:01 PM.

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by The Perfect K View Post
    I know a guy over at Sega-16 in Vancouver who has a stock pile of them and is willing to let them go at decent prices if you're interested. It's not quite New York, but you could still save a bit on shipping since it's closer than, say, europe.
    I might be, send me a PM

Edit: Saw above post, will register
    Last edited by Borman; 02-28-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Saturn > PS1+N64
    Tribuni Angusticlavii

Blog Entries
    They also put out Super Stardust HD, which rules

EDIT: Wait, actually, they might not be involved in that...
    They had nothing to do with that. It was by a Finnish developer called Housemarque (might wanna change your original post too).

Quote Originally Posted by 7Force View Post
    They had nothing to do with that. It was by a Finnish developer called Housemarque (might wanna change your original post too).
    Ya, housemarque was the original developer (of the original Stardust and Super Stardust), but I always assumed they were a part of Team-17, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Saturn > PS1+N64
    Tribuni Angusticlavii

Blog Entries
    Ya, housemarque was the original developer (of the original Stardust and Super Stardust), but I always assumed they were a part of Team-17, but now I'm not so sure anymore.
    They were never a part of Team 17, although Team 17 did publish the original Super Stardust. Technically, Stardust and Super Stardust were developed by Bloodhouse, who would merge another Finnish developer, Terramarque, to create Housemarque.

Foot Soldier

Very informative post, thank you! I always wanted an Amiga in the late 90's, but they were never marketed over here. The closest thing I've ever owned was a Commodore 64. :/

Combat Soldier

One word: Cinemaware.

They made some of the most epic games for the amiga. They did cross platform but amiga always had the nicest versions.

I remember having the C64 and really wanting an amiga. This was the time when the nes was so huge, little did they know that there was a 32 bit computer out there that blew it away. Of course when the genesis came out with the 680000 processor it finally brought amiga power to consoles (minus the nice sound).

We finally did get an amiga 2000, still play amiga games using WinUAE also...

Damn! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am an AMIGA nut since way back and still I am impressed with this post, I am sharing it on some FACEBOOK Gaming and Amiga groups and I even saved this thread as a PDF for reference. great to see some AMIGA LOVE.

Combat Soldier

Anything by Psygnosis.

Big Amiga fan here, recently parted with mine though 0_o.

Everyone here had Amiga's in the 80's, probably one of the most popular/well supported formats ever released, the American ignorance is amazing but I treat I guess also.

Still got Amiga 500. Such a great memories! Amiga 500 (and C64) were rather popular here in Finland due to fact they didn't cost a fortune and still performed really well for the money. Some of my favourite games were Monkey Island, Alien Breed, Lotus 3, Barbarian, Sensible Soccer, Wayne Gretzky Hockey etc.

Been thinking of getting back to Amiga on higher scale, but being an Amiga-user isn't really cheap if you want anything better than standard 500. Acc.cards are insanely expensive nowadays and so. It can be cheaper to build a gamingPC than buying all stuff needed to make highend Amiga.

I am also very fond of Amiga demoscene, one of my favourite from newer demos is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDrICN4UJoA

Old Melon Dezign stuff is also really nice like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi0mI8CvC7Y

EDIT: changed second link, original video had buggy emulation.

EDIT2: And like stated in a post a bit above, Stardust-games were made by Finnish developer, which was not part of Team17 and the result of Terramarque & Bloodhouse merging, Housemarque, still exists nowadays. http://www.housemarque.com/ being the oldest still active Finnish gamedeveloper AFAIK.
    Last edited by Damaster-; 03-12-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Foot Soldier

Very informative OP, the only error i could find while scanning through is that the Amiga 1200 didn't have a 68030, but 68020 CPU. What made the Amiga so special for me was the fact that the hardware architecture was so unbelievable superior at that time, all pc/atari/apple and console owners peed their pants when they saw the Amiga in action.

Also unbelievable is the fact that Commodore managed to fuck it all up on the commercial side of things. Anyway, its good to finally have a subforum where Amiga related topics can be opened.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123