I just got a Game Genie for the Genesis/ Mega Drive today. After messing with it for a while, I realized that getting up to hit the switch on the side of it to turn my entered codes on and off was getting old. So I opened it up. Found a switch and LED soldered to the board. Looking further, only 3 connections are used for the switch and LED. So I busted out my soldering iron and got busy making a remote switch and LED indicator for it.
Picture of completed mod. Yeah I made the remote wire a bit long. My couch is a good ways distance from my genesis and TV:
Here is the side where the original switch and LED are. Originals are intact and functional. I just added the new ones inline with the originals. You can also see where my remote wire exits the case:
Here it is plugged in and running. The code switch is off right now. As you can see, my guess work hole is really close to being too low for the remote wire. It has just enough clearance where it's at on my model 2. The remote switch has the indicator LED integrated into it for a smaller package:
Here's the remote switch turned on. Both the remote LED and original light up when turned on. Original switch works too:
And finally, a bonus of the Game Genie code enter screen running on my Genesis:
Hope you all enjoyed. If anyone needs a tutorial on how to do this, just shout out here and I'll post one in this thread. Now to go and play some Sonic 3... :cur_sonic: