Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: sd2snes comming soon

Foot Soldier

I don't see the point of be annoyed if pre-orders weren't available, anything before that isn't a contract or similar.

And is true that sd2snes is open to other manufactures, you can ask ikari, I don't know why only krikzz showed intentions to make them, but at least we have him, cause lots of people (including me) love videogames but don't have idea or skills to start to make our own sd2snes. As reviewer and user when I saw that sd2snes was open to other people to create and sell them I was hoping that lots of different versions and variations of sd2snes were on sale but that didn't happen, if I were a guy or small company into flashcart business I would bet on sell sd2snes.

Combat Soldier

sd2SNES sounds like it should have been manufactured by machinery, not by hand, but who's going to put up the money for that? LOL! Maybe one of the Hong Kong counterfeiters will step up? ;)

Krikzz is taking the right approach. That said, and this is nothing against him or Stone Age, but there's a reason I have waited to buy the newer cards, bugs are worked out by then. I mean, maybe Krikzz should have sent them out, had most of the buyers wind up with defective cards? Come on.

The fact is, as Stone Age has said many times, the buyer list for this kind of cart is short, and with the price of materials and labor, makes it even shorter at $200+. Frankly, we should be immensely grateful someone like Krikzz is willing to do so. As for Ikari, he really was not hugely interested in making a large number of carts. I've followed his comments pretty closely, and I don't remember seeing anything about another cart run. Besides, isn't it better to have Ikari working on programming for the SD2SNES than spending his time building it? He hasn't gotten SuperFX working yet.
    Last edited by Greg2600; 04-14-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Tribuni Angusticlavii

KRIKzz knows what he's doing. It is not his fault that you assumed what would happen in the future incorrectly. It is not his fault you sold your games to pay for a product with no known availability date. While your situation sounds unfortunate, you made your own decisions. You were never promised a SD2SNES cartridge on any particular date.

Be glad KRIKzz posted to explain some about the difficulty being experienced. You are not the only one waiting to get ahold of a SD2SNES cartridge. Many people are waiting. If you wanted a flash cart right now you could have bought several different products that are available right now. If you have a certificate from StoneAgeGamer you'll have to talk to him.
    Last edited by MottZilla; 04-14-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    KRIKzz knows what he's doing. It is not his fault that you assumed what would happen in the future incorrectly. It is not his fault you sold your games to pay for a product with no known availability date. While your situation sounds unfortunate, you made your own decisions. You were never promised a SD2SNES cartridge on any particular date.

Be glad KRIKzz posted to explain some about the difficulty being experienced. You are not the only one waiting to get ahold of a SD2SNES cartridge. Many people are waiting. If you wanted a flash cart right now you could have bought several different products that are available right now. If you have a certificate from StoneAgeGamer you'll have to talk to him.
    He already went off on me on my FaceBook page. For those interested in my response you can read it here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Most of my response is exactly what you guys have already stated.

As for the whole Gift Certificate thing. He asked me if he could buy a Gift Certificate that would cover a SD2SNES Deluxe plus shipping. He asked if $280 would be enough because my original estimate for the Deluxe was around $260. I told him $280 will most likely be enough. Now at no time did I ever say the SD2SNES would ship on any specific date. Like every other new product I never give a specific release date. The only reason I even mention this is because I don't want people thinking I somehow lied to him to get his money. I did not. Honestly I don't even know for sure why he wanted a Gift Certificate. I think he may have said something about if he had the money in a form of a gift certificate that it would prevent him from spending that money on something else in the meantime. Personally I don't understand that, but to each their own. He hasn't e-mailed me asking for a refund on his gift certificate. Which honestly I have no issue doing, we actually thought we were just doing him a favor because he asked for one. Now somehow its being held against us like we lied to him to get his money.

Hopefully its all settled and handled now. SD2SNES is still going to happen. Too much money has already been invested to just trash this product. Not to mention its awesome.
    Last edited by StoneAgeGamer; 04-14-2012 at 02:46 PM.

geesh man, it is absolutely impossible to please some of you people. Who's fault is it if you sold your whole SNES library to buy a product that still has no definite release date?
    Krikzz warned from the start that this product is hard to produce and very expensive. Just be patient and be glad that at least its being produced in the dozens and no just one and two a year.

JohnnyBlaze, which is better that you get buggy piece of shit that don't work, or you just wait couple of months and get the best Snes cart of history? Grow up man... You sound like a 14 old teenager. I am really waiting this product and I know Krikzz do his best.
    Last edited by KRIKzz; 04-15-2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: peace

Combat Soldier

The worldwide cartridge release is still hanging, that's ok for me.

I would like to know is that there was any improvement on SFX chip. Since Ikari post his updates more often in the German forum and I don't speak german, maybe someone could give an update here.

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by veggav View Post
    I would like to know is that there was any improvement on SFX chip. Since Ikari post his updates more often in the German forum and I don't speak german, maybe someone could give an update here.
    You can follow the development on Github, https://github.com/mrehkopf/sd2snes

Edit: Kiddo is play testing Satellaview stuff currently and several of those bugs have been fixed: http://superfamicom.org/blog/2012/04...n-the-sd2snes/
    Last edited by MatthewCallis; 04-15-2012 at 01:49 PM.

I know it's not my business at all, but I think the guy shouldn't have sold his games and also shouldn't have bought a $280 gift certificate. It's not that either is a bad thing to do but a $280 gift certificate isn't the same thing as a preorder. When preorders are open, preordering will be available regardless if one has a gc or not. Also as far as selling the games, I can understand if you have no money at all but it seems like you should wait until the builder at least has all the parts on hand and that was verified everything is going the direction toward a soon released preorder rather than banking all your time and effort collecting and then selling games for it. Actually isn't this type of product not suppose to be for piracy?

I own the full set of games that use special chips but even if I purchase this cart, I'm not going to sell them off and claim that I can still play those games. Sure some know me and maybe I own some stuff or I don't I'm not trying to be a preacher here or anything but these devices seem to be more suited for people who are just trying to consolidate all their stored cartridges onto one SD or CF card so everything is in one spot and their originals are stored away.

Anyway I'm looking forward to this produt and I hope you guys get all your finer details with your orders straightened out to your satisfaction though. Just my opinion above, be sure to take it as lightly as possible. We're all into this SNES for fun after all. I tend to stray away from places that have politics but what I like about assemblergames is that typically this place is pretty laid back and down to the hobby and gaming so it's pretty cool.

I was going to reply to the post about the FX chip overclocking initially so instead of opening a new reply, I would have to say that I assume that the FX chip in the sd2snes is going to be programmed into the ACTEL core and if you want to overclock it, it's going to be different than overclocking an FX chip in a retail cart. The sd2snes won't have a real FX chip inside it so the circuitry is going to be altogether different. If you want to have the capability to overclock the FX chip, I think you're either looking at changing the code of running the FX programs which is stored in the main ACTEL chip or if it has a crystal oscillator outside of the chip, then tweaking that circuitry would be in order or possibly changing out the crystal to one with a different frequency or maybe a combination of that and having it switchable between different crystals.

But yeah you'd definitely have to contact the author to see his opinion. He probably has experience with that technology and can find a way to implement what you want as long as it isn't going to take redesign of the entire PCB to do it.

Anyway cool stuff guys this thread is very interesting and enjoyable to read. I'm hoping that the roll out of this product through KRIKzz goes smoothly and that everyone can enjoy some CX4, FX, and MSU1 games without a hitch.

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewCallis View Post
    You can follow the development on Github, https://github.com/mrehkopf/sd2snes

Edit: Kiddo is play testing Satellaview stuff currently and several of those bugs have been fixed: http://superfamicom.org/blog/2012/04...n-the-sd2snes/
    Great, thank you for the links :)

Quote Originally Posted by nes View Post
    If you complete Super-FX support, would it be possible to set the value for the oscillator thats usually on the cartridge, for overclocking and smoother gameplay?
    I'm a bit slow with replies atm, sorry about that.
    I've been studying the SuperFX architecture for some time now and will start implementing the actual CPU core in the coming weeks. I do have to build my final sd2snes batch in parallel, so development will be somewhat slowed down.
    The most likely way of implementation will be that FX clock rate can either be set to the SNES 21MHz clock or an integer fraction 96/n MHz. The minimum value for n is still to be determined. (It will be at least 2, maybe 3 more likely.)

@amptor
    You explained what i was thinking!

@ikari_01
    Awesome man, i didn't find any info on this earlier but you seem to have it under controll, good work!

Member Elite

sd2snes available for preorder: http://shop.retrogate.com/
    I looking for genesis 2 with motherboard VA2

WEHOOOO!!!

Combat Soldier

Ordered :)))

I mean pre-ordered! :))))

In like Flynn.

I got my ED64 from the same place and I might of been unlucky in the order missing the window to get handed off to the carrier. But after the 5 days from checkout to being shipped it got to me in the USA, I think it was 10 days.

KRIKzz told me I was first ^^
    Last update before bed and I hit the jackpot, still not gotten around to actually go to bed tho =)

Conscript

Ryan told me about this and I'm happy that it's finally done. Sorry for all of the frustration, but I needed to vent as I heard different things from different people and demanded answers. As for my SNES carts, I sold my actual carts, but I do have the Virtual Console versions, so technically I still own them. I just wanted this for my SNES mini and the Supaboy. I can't wait!

Tribuni Angusticlavii

Great news. Hopefully this means Turbo ED/PCE ED will be coming along in awhile.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Oh man! I just so happened to be checking out the status of this earlier today. I was very (pleasantly) surprised to see it up for pre-order on Retrogate when I got home from work.