Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Site Updates - Let the masses know what you are doing.

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Your Site Updates - Let the masses know what you are doing.

We did have a thread like this but it seems to have vanished. So, from now on please feel free to let the world know about your own personal site's updates right here.

http://www.segagagadomain.com

Site NEWS January 1st 2012 - Bloody Hell, an update to the main site! Happy New Year!!

Some of you may think that I've vanished but nope, I'm still pretty much involved in the games life. My show, Retro Core has recently started a new series with Retro Core 3. You can view it on the official site and on YouTube. Both have high definition versions of the show as well as standard definition however the videos on the official site are of superior sound and video quality due to YouTube compressing all of their videos.

The Segagaga Domain Store is still going strong as well. so if you're into Saturn please check it out. Some new additions recently were added including some pretty rare titles.

And finally on to the main site. Well, two new Saturn games are added in the shape of Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter 4MB RAM set and F1 Live Information as well as new updated scans of Disc World, DX Jinsei Game Satakore and Pia Carrot e Youkoso!! I've also added a new Mega Drive game, Uchuu Senkan Gomora or Space Battleship Gomora to give it an English translation.

ENJOY !
    Last edited by Yakumo; 12-31-2011 at 12:28 PM.

ASSEMbler Maniax
    CORE

Possibly mexico or the Forest of New England... I have a Summer Villa in Outworld
    I'll be retooling Retrocade Fantaisa. I'm knocking the show down to an hour. 4-5 games per show, Old Japanese commercials and some sort of wacky story line just so it stands out.

I want to turn it into the MST3K of Gaming shows. Which at least will justify why I shoot it the way I do.
    http://retrocadefantasia.blogspot.com

Retrocade has it's own hub now!

Saturn > PS1+N64
    Tribuni Angusticlavii

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GodofHardcore View Post
    I'll be retooling Retrocade Fantaisa. I'm knocking the show down to an hour. 4-5 games per show, Old Japanese commercials and some sort of wacky story line just so it stands out.

I want to turn it into the MST3K of Gaming shows. Which at least will justify why I shoot it the way I do.
    If you wanna make it stand out, don't do a "wacky story line". Almost every review show on the Internet has one of those, and they're all painful to watch.

ALL-STICK Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Blog Entries
    Recently I've been doing short reviews on Arcade Racers, firstly I did a first impressions review on Insane 2 which only came out sometime last week. Just today I did a review of Destruction Derby 64, a Destruction Derby game that sorter got forgotten but it's true gem to me. I tried really hard on my review for DD64 and I hope it shows!

You can view the Insane 2 review here

Destruction Derby 64 review here.

I aim to make even more Arcade Racer reviews in the future, at the moment views are slow of course I'll keep making videos and hoping to built an audience.

As most people know on this forum I carry a blog that has everything to do with interesting gaming news I happen to find or find out. Along with my recent packages that get added to my collection. Many visitors are from ASSEMbler and around the globe so thank you to everyone who has followed me so far.

I thought I'd add a small entry here for those who didn't know yet. ^_^

ASSEMbler Maniax
    CORE

Possibly mexico or the Forest of New England... I have a Summer Villa in Outworld
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Force View Post
    If you wanna make it stand out, don't do a "wacky story line". Almost every review show on the Internet has one of those, and they're all painful to watch.
    So no Alcoholic Rob the Robot as my sidekick along side a Teddy Ruxpin that sings Johnny Cash songs.

I mean if I'm doing The MSK3k of Video game shows I might as well have 2 smartass robot sidekicks
    Last edited by GodofHardcore; 01-31-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Saturn > PS1+N64
    Tribuni Angusticlavii

Blog Entries
    Well...MST3k is funny and has great writing, if you're just gonna rip it off except not be nearly as funny, it won't exactly help you. What's wrong with just doing a review show without some WACKY gimmicks?

Last year, I've been adding a lot of videos on guardiana, mainly longplay and tool assisted speedruns.
    So, if you want to see what a megadrive game looks like, you can check here:
    http://www.guardiana.net/Ressources/.../Mega%20Drive/
    You might find what you need :)

ASSEMbler Maniax
    CORE

Well...MST3k is funny and has great writing, if you're just gonna rip it off except not be nearly as funny, it won't exactly help you. What's wrong with just doing a review show without some WACKY gimmicks?
    There are enough serious review shows out there. Not enough out there that are funny and don't take themselves seriously. As the show is now it has it's fans but I need to take it to the next level so I'm kicking ideas around as to just what that next level is and I need the perfect balance of the randomness I'm known for and an actual game review show.
    Last edited by GodofHardcore; 01-31-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue
    Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

HiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHi
    Quote Originally Posted by GodofHardcore View Post
    There are enough serious review shows out there. Not enough out there that are funny and don't take themselves seriously. As the show is now it has it's fans but I need to take it to the next level so I'm kicking ideas around as to just what that next level is and I need the perfect balance of the randomness I'm known for and an actual game review show.
    I clicked the link in your sig and saw:

The Rev's Guide to File shareing survival.
    At least make some effort and use a spell checker, its the least you can do to be taken seriously.
    Your comments are noted. Nothing will change. Thanks for your continued support!

If you cant PM me (no account, other voodoo) you can contact me via this link.
    My Modding parts for sale thread can be found here: CLICK ME

ASSEMbler Maniax
    CORE

Stupid spell check doesn't work in headers. Thanks for finding that.

AKA SUPERCOM32 ASSEMbler Hardcore

I agree. Just do a normal show that, you know.... Actually gets viewers, then start introducing stuff. Because as it stands, outside of yourself, I'm not even sure who watches your show here - and we are arguably your biggest demographic skew.

ASSEMbler Maniax
    CORE

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton_net View Post
    I agree. Just do a normal show that, you know.... Actually gets viewers, then start introducing stuff. Because as it stands, outside of yourself, I'm not even sure who watches your show here - and we are arguably your biggest demographic skew.
    I have a steady stream of viewers in a few places, Uk, Canada, Singapore a few people in Japan but not Huge numbers of people. I attribute that to 2 things, Early episodes were REALLY REALLY Random and the show was too long.

I liked alot of the extra segments especially the one time only segment late night sexy sexy gaming where I gave REALLY bad romantic advice. Alot of people didn't like the wrestling aspect, as of Episode 15 that's gone for good the sexy Japanese girl music videos are gone that joke ran it's course. So strip all that out you have me riffing games and some sort of a premise and a runtime under and hour and a half. I think that might make the show more watchable.

The show isn't really intended to educate people about games. There are plenty of shows like that online, there aren't many that riff on games outside the AVGN and he tries too hard. With Retrocade it's just me saying whatever comes to mind while I'm playing. Half of it's funny half of it isn't
    Last edited by GodofHardcore; 01-31-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Saturn > PS1+N64
    Tribuni Angusticlavii

Blog Entries
    I like the idea of gaming MST3k, but here's a video showing how it should be done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRTXEEHiOtQ
    No "wacky robots", just a game and two guys making funny remarks about it. Hell, they realize you don't even need to be on camera, which is something most Internet review shows should figure out by now.

ASSEMbler Maniax
    CORE

The two Robots was just an after thought There are already characters in place that are there mostly to ease transition between segments.

Camera at the screen is my way of doing the MSK3k Peanut gallery I would think in the Video Game MST3k instead of a screen and peanut gallery it would be a monitor
    and in most of the emulated games I add scanlines to enhance that effect. I could get a cheap capture card if I wanted to there's a decent USB one that captures at 480p
    but I like the way I do it better.

It's going to be edited down but here's the Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes segment I did today for the next episode. I'm editing it down for obvious reasons and also because there's a joke in there that just doesn't make any sense in context at all (you'll know the joke when you hear it) This is a hard game to do becuase it's so tedious to watch

http://youtu.be/B2Qzn_E2Nd4

Foot Soldier

Hey fellow retro gaming fanatics,
    My site turned 5 years old last month, and my latest review is Super Punch-Out. I'm currently working on my 54th US SNES review... be out some time in February... it's going to be a special one...

2011 was a comeback year of sorts for me. I put up many updates akin to the glory days of 2007-2008. Among them were reviews of Terranigma, Twisted Tales of Spike McFang, Secret of Mana and my personal favorite, the criminally unknown unreleased SNES gem "BS Out of Bounds Golf" (AKA Golf Daisuki! O.B. Club)

Still going strong after all these years. Thanks to everyone who's ever supported and encouraged me to get my own site. It's been a lot of fun, and I'm hoping here's to 5 more.

www.RVGFANATIC.com

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Site NEWS February 20th 2012 - Hi everyone, I've got two new Mega Drive games for you to look at in this update, being Runark and the Chinese original title Shui Hu: Feng Yun Zhuan. I'm also starting a high resolution scan archive for selected titles. The first up is Runark for the Mega Drive with more to follow in the future. You'll find the download link for the high resolution scans at the bottom of the Runark page.

Don't forget to check out Retro Core 3 over at the official site or on YouTube for some classic gaming TV. Also, Saturn fans should check out the Segagaga Domain Store.

ENJOY !

ASSEMbler Maniax
    CORE

Depending on how Play Import handles my shipment I might be shooting you an e-mail
    for an order down the line.

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

For some Saturn gear? Let me know what you want :thumbsup:

People who place big orders always get free game discs too :nod:

Yakumo

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Not game related, but I didn't want to make a thread for this.

Every year, my fiance's family holds a St. Baldrick's event to help raise money to fight children's cancers. They do this in memory of Megan, who died 9 years ago of cancer.

Instead of raising money myself this year, I am pushing for people to donate money to my brother's wife Samantha. She will be donating her hair, and shaving her head in support of Megan and all children suffering.

So please, donate what you can, be it a dollar, or 1 million dollars (;)), every cent is much appreciated. And if you don't donate, thank you for taking the time to read this.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/472402/2012

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Site News - 21st April 2012 - Can you believe it? New games have been added to the site! Yep, this week sees the addition of Bad Omen, Wani Wani World and Janou Touryumon all for the Mega Drive.

Site wise I've increased the size of the YouTube feed over to the right and smartened up the front page a little. I've still got more plans but they'll have to wait until I have time.

Yakumo

www.segagagadomain.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast