Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 128 GB in a PSP (read how inside)

ASSEMbler Elite

Maybe. PSP games peak at just over 1GB each. 64GB is more cost effective anyway, 32GB microsd's are a lower price per GB.

Combat Soldier

Hey guys

Thinking of doing this for myself. So if I understand this correctly I purchase the dual stick adaptor 2 x micro Sd cards (serious? derp) download the file/program kyo86sg indicated in post #36 and format the combined cards to 64GB (or thereabouts) and done?

Is there any point of going past a class 4 card? Worth going to class 10?

Any compatibility issues?

This would be great for movies etc! Great for the train ride to/from work!
    Last edited by omp; 03-03-2013 at 05:15 PM.

I bought two 64GB cards, but I'm having a lot of trouble. Whenever I put them both in the Photofast and format it, it never gives me over 54.9GB. Has anyone else ever had that problem?

Because there's clearly written that photofast don't support >64 GB c.a.
    Last edited by master991; 05-06-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by master991 View Post
    Because there's clearly written that photofast don't support >64 GB c.a.
    Then how did this guy do it? http://dennypsp.com/blog/sony-psp/so...-realnost.html

I've got it working. I bought a new Photofast and it formatted to 118GB the first try. I guess it was just a bad adapter.

Admin
    ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Blog Entries
    How much is total cost to do this?

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

I posted about this on GBATemp and they said I was full of crap. I told them not all the dual readers are the same and you can theoretically have much more than 128GB. Alas they called me out and said I was lying. Well this thread just verifies it more that it can be done. I've only went up to the 128GB mark but I'll test with bigger cards as they become available.

On my PSP, 64GB is far more than enough space.
    Ebay Feedback - Old Head-Fi Feedback - FaceBook - Blog - YouTube
    Headphones: T1, T5p, T70, DT1350, and many more in my profile
    Amps: Audio-GD ROC, SPL Auditor, Violectric V200
    Sources: PC,Marantz VC6001, Violectric DAC V800

[GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More

Site Supporter 2014 Combat Soldier

It doesn't respond to well and lag quite a bit with massive card and number is mislead and outplace often, maybe I did not adjust the CPU Clock XMB correctly. I'm on Custom firmware 5.50 MM3. Custom firmware let you use all size GB Card while Sony official firmware set in limited GB card

Early days, PSP was limited to 4GB then 8GB and then 32GB by Sony FW update.
    Last edited by Unknown-Organization; 05-09-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown-Organization View Post
    It doesn't respond to well and lag quite a bit with massive card and number is mislead and outplace often, maybe I did not adjust the CPU Clock XMB correctly. I'm on Custom firmware 5.50 MM3. Custom firmware let you use all size GB Card while Sony official firmware set in limited GB card

Early days, PSP was limited to 4GB then 8GB and then 32GB by Sony FW update.
    MM3? Do you mean M33 instead? There isn't a 5.50 M33 CFW. M33's last official release was 5.00 M33-6.
    SCPH-77006
    SCPH-39006
    SCPH-10000 S. MINOKAMO v1.01 (Defunct)
    SCPH-10000 S. KISARAZU v1.00 (faulty)
    SCPH-15000 S. KOHDA (With warranty sticker) :D
    DESR-5100 S. EMCS
    CECH-2506B
    DTL-T10000H J

128gb aren't read from the psp due to a FW limitation :P
    It's true, CFW unlock this feature but the psp become too slow and give lots of truble with read\write operations :P

CPU speed absolutely has nothing to do, at least the feature of CFW MS SPEED acces help, but not so much (because that do the best with original sony MS)

Quote Originally Posted by sp193 View Post
    MM3? Do you mean M33 instead? There isn't a 5.50 M33 CFW. M33's last official release was 5.00 M33-6.
    You are correct, I mislead myself there. Despite the fact I haven't touch my original fat PSP for three years now, I guess I have forgotten the CFW names. I don't know what the latest CFW we are on now. Need to check now.

Quote Originally Posted by master991 View Post
    128gb aren't read from the psp due to a FW limitation :P
    It's true, CFW unlock this feature but the psp become too slow and give lots of truble with read\write operations :P

CPU speed absolutely has nothing to do, at least the feature of CFW MS SPEED acces help, but not so much (because that do the best with original sony MS)
    Again you right. I was refer to MS speed. CPU Clock XMB is something elses. But I glad that CPU Clock Game is useful especially if you got a large PSP games like almost 2GB without MS having it lag.

Unless you convert PSP game from ISO to CSO for smaller file If I'm correct.

EDIT
    This where I got it from http://www.amazon.com/128GB-Memory-S.../dp/B00BUA75ZW
    Here working 119GB and runs smooth so far. Now updated and on latest CFW for the time in three years.
    (Sorry never mind the background wallpaper photo)
    Last edited by Unknown-Organization; 05-10-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: add more info

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown-Organization View Post
    Again you right. I was refer to MS speed. CPU Clock XMB is something elses. But I glad that CPU Clock Game is useful especially if you got a large PSP games like almost 2GB without MS having it lag.

Unless you convert PSP game from ISO to CSO for smaller file If I'm correct.
    absoluteli not.
    cpu xmb speed it's related to xmb speed, the cpu game speed it's related for games.
    Also setting cpu at 333 doesen't help with mc reading speed, but only with framerate drop or other thing.
    Also, my advice, stay away from that adaptor, they causes only problems :D

Foot Soldier

This is great! Has anyone tried two different sized microsd cards? I have a a 16GB and a few 8GB ones that are sitting unused. I need to try this on the 1001 that my brother gave me.

^_^_^
    'If you have kids, have them start shooting hoops instead of humans.' - Jack Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogWinter View Post
    This is great! Has anyone tried two different sized microsd cards? I have a a 16GB and a few 8GB ones that are sitting unused. I need to try this on the 1001 that my brother gave me.
    It works. I found a cheap 32GB card a few months ago and tried it with one of my 16GB cards to see if it really would go above 32GB before I put down the money for two 64GB cards and with the 32 and 16GB cards, it gave me around 45GB of space.

Combat Soldier

I had the weirdest thing happen to my adaptor (Photofast 5400) and 32GB + 32GB setup. I have only just received this lot recently and today had a chance to try it out to make a 60-ish GB memory stick for under $50AU. So I downloaded the fat32format program from the Ridgecrop people and tried it out (the GUI version). It showed only 32GB on the "my computer" screen, but when doing a "right click - properties" it had 64GB available.

Chuck it into my PSP and it said "can't read it bro' go to blah blah and format". So I thought, may as well and formatted. Once the PSP had done it's duty, it showed 59GB available! Is this the way it is supposed to work? Not complaining, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by omp View Post
    I had the weirdest thing happen to my adaptor (Photofast 5400) and 32GB + 32GB setup. I have only just received this lot recently and today had a chance to try it out to make a 60-ish GB memory stick for under $50AU. So I downloaded the fat32format program from the Ridgecrop people and tried it out (the GUI version). It showed only 32GB on the "my computer" screen, but when doing a "right click - properties" it had 64GB available.

Chuck it into my PSP and it said "can't read it bro' go to blah blah and format". So I thought, may as well and formatted. Once the PSP had done it's duty, it showed 59GB available! Is this the way it is supposed to work? Not complaining, just curious.
    Yes it normal. Buying brand new memory stick in any GB size which PSP will force you to formatted at first because once it formatted it will install two hidden 2KB file on memory stick to keep your PSP folder organizes. That is the reason.

And it normal having 59GB instead of 64GB, anyway congratulations.

Combat Soldier

Oh i see, so it leaves the pc format but add's its own format, sweet thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123