There is still one day to be the official launch date of PSV in Japan. I have managed to obtain a PSV and share a review with you guys:
Pic1: The package of the new PSV system
Pic 2: Packages of the games
Pic3: Game Card of PSV
Pic4: Main Menu
Pic5: PS3 remote play
Pic6: 1.5 firmware update
1. PSV is significantly larger than the original PSP 1000. However, the weight is similar or even lighter.
2. The dual analog stick feels very good. However, there is no L3 and R3 buttons.
3. The screen size and resolution s supreme. However, the touch panel is not as sensitive as iphone. When viewed at certain angle, the ITO on the touch screen is visible and formed a grid like pattern. (<- very minor problem)
4. The GUI is newly designed for touch panel. dragging up and down change the icon page while left and right selects the active program (multi-tasking)
5. The game quality is similar to PS3. I will show you some game pics later.
6. Remote play to PS3 is similar to PSP. It FAILS to play most PS3 games.
7. PSN is now working. However, PStore cannot work outside of JAP PSN ACC.
8. Some games require the memory card. There is no internal storage space.