Thread: PSX SCPH-1000 problems

PSX SCPH-1000 problems

Well got this console some time ago and it was damaged as some stupid put a very bug screw on the lower right part of the metal chassis that have the ram chips under it... what have made one ram chip come loose as it was pressed too much. Well I the got the ram chip and resoldered it in place and it worked ok movingo the memory card menu and cd play menu but at the moment I have no laser so nao cd test. Time passed and I finally got a laser for it and as I try testing new stuff is happening :dammit:
    It powers on take more time then usual to get to the screen with memory card and cd player but when it does the control just make one move on the cursor from memory cart to cd player and thats it. If I put a audio cd or a original japanese game it keeps spining the disc but dont read any. Tested the laser on another psx and it is perfect plays even cdr perfectly not a single skip on fmv or xa audio tracks. Im kinda confused on this as I want it to be working again, any help is appreciated.:crying:

ASSEMbler Soldier

The PS1 has a too thin motherboard and board flexing causes all sorts of poor soldering/cold joint problems. You might need to have the chips in it go through a solder reflow ... :shrug:
    PlayStation Aficionado.
    MSX Maniac.

No respect, gets a slap in the eye. Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

Blog Entries
    Remove the metal shielding at the bottom of the case. Fixed my weird issue, similar to yours.

ASSEMbler Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by HeXiGON View Post
    Remove the metal shielding at the bottom of the case. Fixed my weird issue, similar to yours.

Taking parts of a device out is no solution. :shrug:

And if removing the shield solved your problem, you surely had a lousy modchip install and the real source of the problem was the wires squeezing against the shielding... :shrug:
    PlayStation Aficionado.
    MSX Maniac.

Member Hardcore

A chip must be damaged. And if the board did flex a lot, a trace or solder joint will snap.