Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro Core - NEWS

ASSEMbler Maniax
    CORE

Possibly mexico or the Forest of New England... I have a Summer Villa in Outworld
    Maybe he was a rock star all rock stars die at 27

I could have been many things that knocked him off if he was fit maybe he had an injury that caused a bloodclot and led to his embolism.
    http://retrocadefantasia.blogspot.com

Retrocade has it's own hub now!

Fcc10

i am retrocore big fan for years, and even today I think the best show, especially the most useful and enjoyable, here in Colombia the retrogaming its beginning

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Thank you jokeradvance. You'll be happy to know that I'll be starting work on the new show today. I hope to have it online by next weekend.

Yakumo
    Last edited by Yakumo; 04-20-2012 at 08:10 PM.

ASSEMbler Maniax
    CORE

Possibly mexico or the Forest of New England... I have a Summer Villa in Outworld
    I look forward to it. There won't be any new Retrocades until May 16 due to my Aunt visting unexpectedly
    http://retrocadefantasia.blogspot.com

Retrocade has it's own hub now!

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

While Retro Core 3 Vol:12 is lacking in game contents this show I do make up for it by taking a close up look at the Super Famicom Box and i don't mean the card box that a Super Famicom comes in. Shite of the show is a true classic in the form of Fist of the North Star 6 on the Super Famicom plus I take a look at the not so great Atari batman arcade game, DJ Boy for the Arcade and Mega Drive and finally a look at Bloody Wolf for the PC Engine.

Check it at the official site - http://www.segagagadomain.com/RetroCorepage-main.htm
    Check it at YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcAMH...ature=youtu.be

Yakumo

らりるれろ
    Site Supporter 2014

Tribuni Angusticlavii

Wow, those Super Famicom Box cartridges are pretty massive.

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

They sure are. As I said, they are bigger than Neo Geo cartridges and they were the king of all game cartridges. I have no idea why they made them so big with such few games on them. Inside the cartridges there are spaces for at least another 5 or so games.

Yakumo

らりるれろ
    Site Supporter 2014

Tribuni Angusticlavii

I imagine the Super Famicom Box could probably be modified to output RGB. If, as you say, the controllers are actually plugged into standard controller ports, perhaps the video is the same way - that is, maybe there's a Multi-AV port somewhere inside. Even if there isn't, there are probably traces in the board for RGB. The question is, would you be willing to defile such a beautiful system?

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

In the video I showed a PCB board inside the system and said I wasn't sure if that was the SFC hardware or not. It turns out that the board I showed was indeed the SFC hardware however it doesn't look like any SFC that I remember. There is another part to that board though that I can't access so who knows, maybe there is a way to RGB mod it but like you said, who would want to pull apart such a nice system.

Yakumo

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Retro Core 3 Volume 13 is out now at the official site and YouTube

http://www.segagagadomain.com/RetroCorepage-main.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7tu_klv98Q

It's that time again for another all new Retro Core. In volume 13 I take a look at Batman for the Mega Drive, Jiko Oshaberi Parodious, Saturn and Chelnov (Atomic Runner), an unreleased game for the Saturn and Action Pachio for the SFC (Shite of the Show). Art of Fighting or Ryu No Ken for those who like the Japanese name is featured as the comparison game. This time I take a look at the original Neo Geo version VS the Mega Drive and Super Famicom versions. This volumes arcade action come from the King of pop, Michael Jackson in his Moonwalker game by Sega.

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

ASSEMbler Elite

I started watching 13 but it was yesterday at my parents' place, and I only got through Batman before people started talking loudly in the living room so I gave up. :P But it was great so far!

As usual, I'm glad you're still doing these.

I AM A MONSTER TRUCK THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Thanks man. I'm happy that people are still watching them.

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Oh man, do I have a very special Retro Core for you all this week. In Volume 14 I present to you a brand new Dreamcast game!! So new that it isn't even released at the time of this video going on-line. Sturmwind is the name of the game and it has got to be one of the most impressive DC shooters to date.

Other games covered in this volume of Retro Core 3 are Garoudensetsu Special on the Neo Geo, Virtual Hydlide on the Saturn (Shite of the Show), The Avengers Arcade Game and a look at Sega Saturn Last Bronx VS the Arcade version.

http://www.segagagadomain.com/RetroCorepage-main.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGJIu6kbhc8

Yakumo

Combat Soldier

Sturmwind looks Awesome :P ! i have it preordered since more then a year ago but i am not getting the LE version as I ordered the Sturmwind + Wind and Water pack and did not want to lose a game to upgrade :P

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

I have a preview disc for Wind & Water too somewhere. That's a really cool little game with many extras hidden in it.

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    I have a preview disc for Wind & Water too somewhere. That's a really cool little game with many extras hidden in it.
    thats cool i cannot wait to play both of them ^^

らりるれろ
    Site Supporter 2014

Tribuni Angusticlavii

Strumwind looks fun, but I don't really like the art style all that much. It's impressive technically, but aesthetically it isn't very pleasing to me. It's not the fact that it's prerendered, because I love some prerendered games - Donkey Kong Country and Blazing Star, for example. I can't really explain why. To each his own, I guess. I'd still be willing to give it a try.

Speaking of the Last Bronx bonus disc, what is that disc supposed to be exactly? It's been a while since I've loaded it, but I seem to remember not understanding what it was due to not knowing enough Japanese. I remember part of it seemed like it was meant to be a training program or something, but that was wasted on me since the instructions were spoken in Japanese.
    Last edited by la-li-lu-le-lo; 05-24-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

It's been a while for me too but you are right. The whole disc is basically a training program and radio play (Japanese love radio plays). I'm not quite sure if there was a tournament mode on there too. Probably not come to think about it but something in the back of my mind says there was.

Yakumo

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

It's been a while for me too but you are right. The whole disc is basically a training program and radio play (Japanese love radio plays). I'm not quite sure if there was a tournament mode on there too. Probably not come to think about it but something in the back of my mind says there was.

Yakumo