Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil GBC Fundraiser thread - 2 builds! (GOAL MET)

Foot Soldier

Bump, sorry for the double post. Here is one way to check whether the build is the same or not. When playing as Chris, go into the inventory and see how many slots it has. The 'REHorror build' shown in the video has 8 slots for Chris, the build we have here only has 6 going by the THIA videos.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

There will be a huge update tonight regarding this fundraiser! Keeps your eyes peeled! ;-)
    Follow me on twitter - @kiff_mekkgaming

Feedback thread -
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?26389-kiff

:nod:

Foot Soldier

I will be checking back here many times today !

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

Updated as promised - Please see the OP :thumbsup:

Feedback thread -

Foot Soldier

Awesome news :thumbsup:

We're still worryingly far from the target amount though.

:thumbsup:
    I miss not having my resi cart here lol , least it's not sat in a box in my games room doing nothing now , where it would of stayed if I hadn't found this thread !!!

So i assume you sold it w/o dumping it ?
    Last edited by ziggieice; 01-23-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

1 month... Not good. I'm only interested in hacking it.

It is actually looking very good.
    Shows how high the value really is and furthermore it clearly demonstrates that a substantial ammount of the community already has access to it. Why bother donating?

If you are talking about fans getting screwed over by people trying to just cash in. Yes unfortunate, but where is the news?

Good news that another cart has shown up, but frankly wouldn't it have made more sense to release the rom of cart 2 to inspire more people to donate for the original, more up to date build? If you are planning on offering it for free, I don't see the problem with doing this. It's not like donations are flying in right now either, maybe a teaser is just what people need to get them inspired to donate.
    Last edited by Lost Harp; 01-23-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Nakian View Post
    Shows how high the value really is and furthermore it clearly demonstrates that a substantial ammount of the community already has access to it. Why bother donating?

If you are talking about fans getting screwed over by people trying to just cash in. Yes unfortunate, but where is the news?
    The news is that there is a second cart which is apparently an earlier build of the game, it will be released along side with this one with no additional charge if the criteria is met.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Harp View Post
    Good news that another cart has shown up, but frankly wouldn't it have made more sense to release the rom of cart 2 to inspire more people to donate for the original, more up to date build? If you are planning on offering it for free, I don't see the problem with doing this. It's not like donations are flying in right now either, maybe a teaser is just what people need to get them inspired to donate.
    That's not an option, nobody would donate for the first cart if the second was available. Just be greatful that it's a bonus out of the kindness of Kiff!

To be honest, i don't think it'll be met.
    Last edited by Decapicitated; 01-23-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Foot Soldier

We only need around 14 people to donate $100 each, I'll send some more shortly. This is an awesome opportunity IMO.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Nakian View Post

I don't quite understand what you are saying or possibly trying to insinuate :shrug:

So in your opinion a large amount of the community already has access to this data? If so could you please supply some facts to back this up because as far as I am aware these are the only 2 carts known in collectors hands (and was 1 prior to recent events).

And if you are also trying to say that the people behind the fundraiser are merely trying to 'cash in' then you are again, mistaken. As I clearly pointed out in the OP, cart no.1 owner is taking a loss on what he paid!

If I have mis-read your post I do apologise but if not please elaborate...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Harp View Post
    Just because the fundraising goal has not risen doesn't mean the data is FREE! (The ins and outs don't need to be explained).

If people are not inspired by the fact that they are donating to a fundraiser for 2 different builds of an unreleased Resident Evil title then I am not sure releasing one of them for 'FREE' would make much difference...

Feedback thread -

[QUOTE=kiff;558501]I don't quite understand what you are saying or possibly trying to insinuate :shrug:

So in your opinion a large amount of the community already has access to this data? If so could you please supply some facts to back this up because as far as I am aware these are the only 2 carts known in collectors hands (and was 1 prior to recent events).

And if you are also trying to say that the people behind the fundraiser are merely trying to 'cash in' then you are again, mistaken. As I clearly pointed out in the OP, cart no.1 owner is taking a loss on what he paid!

If I have mis-read your post I do apologise but if not please elaborate...

No you did not. I do not have any facts. I just made them up. I am just mad that we will not see any of those two. That is all. I have been mad since they day it was canceled :(

As for the loss of value, why not sell it at a higher price then? Values do change over the time.

Foot Soldier

^Probably because they're trying to balance getting the game released with covering at least some of the initial costs. It is not unreasonable to expect something to partially cover the initial outlay. A higher price would reduce the chance of the amount being met in a public fundraiser (demonstrated by the fact that we're stuggling to get anywhere near the existing target).
    Last edited by Shakey_Jake33; 01-23-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
    ^Probably because they're trying to balance getting the game released with covering at least some of the initial costs. It is not unreasonable to expect something to partially cover the initial outlay. A higher price would reduce the chance of the amount being met in a public fundraiser (demonstrated by the fact that we're stuggling to get anywhere near the existing target).
    Very good point!

Where is the purchase receipt?

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

You need to remember that they owe you nothing. They don't owe us information, receipts, or anything. You just have to take the word of the person that has the game.

What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch! ASSEMbler Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    You need to remember that they owe you nothing. They don't owe us information, receipts, or anything. You just have to take the word of the person that has the game.
    Damn right, and kiff's word is good enough for me.

But alas, I fear we can't meet the target amount in due time, too few people seem to care about this game (at least if they have to donate, the same people would download it for free every day...)
    http://girugalol.mybrute.com

When the doctor asked me, if I heard voices in my head, the voices said "tell him no!"

FM Towns Addict
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Elite

I'm sure this has been asked but I want to check.

Has this been posted elsewhere too, such as RE forums / communities? I'm just conscious that the deadline is not far off now, and the total is! Seems my initial optimism was in error.

(I'll certainly donate, $100+ likely, but not until end of Feb, by which point it may look to be too late anyway.)

Also any chance the deadline can be extended a little, say end of March?
    As the offer has changed now (ie 2 builds for the price of one) there may be more interest from floating donors, with more time needed (even though the original rom offer should be tempting enough!).