Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil GBC Fundraiser thread - 2 builds! (GOAL MET)

Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue
    Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

HiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHi
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
    Surely the simple way is to just bung it onto a flash cart?
    I am considering buying a limit supply of direct replacement eproms. You could just open the donor and swap the chip.

I suppose it depends on how much interest there is.... I could sell a few carts, but I am not sure how that would sit (I wouldnt be charging a premium for the cart, only the time/work + material costs).

If anyone is interested in a replacement chip or a cart, post here and I can figure out if its worth bothering.
    Your comments are noted. Nothing will change. Thanks for your continued support!

If you cant PM me (no account, other voodoo) you can contact me via this link.
    My Modding parts for sale thread can be found here: CLICK ME

Foot Soldier

I'd definately be interested in something like that, although is someone planning to patch the game to enable access to the inaccessible rooms? If so, may as well wait for that.
    Last edited by Shakey_Jake33; 02-07-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I wanted to thank everyone for been able to obtain this game. However I'll only die happy if I play RE 1.5 :P

Anyway, I've made a full playthrough with Jill. I only hacked at the necessary areas (red book, and don't remember if there is another).

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3F7D49048D6A5619

And BTW, I'm reverse engineering the game to try to fix the bugs. Despite I was able to bugfix Cheetahmen II, in this case, there is a lot of missing code, so I can only do workarounds. This is what I got so far:

- Door at the beginning of the labs that leads to the heliporter will be closed at the beginning. It will open when you exit the Tyrant room.
    - Now you can access to the morgue room. It's an ugly hack, but I think there is no other way since the morgue and the previous room are the same room. I removed the collision of the left wall so you can go through both rooms freely.
    - I think I cannot fix the red book thing before Plant 42. It's not programmed. And even if I move the bookcase, and enable all the possible events in the game, the door doesn't work. So I'll try to add an event so the big door to the Plant 42 opens when you finish the aquarium or something like that.

Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

HiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHi
    Good work, clearly it would be best to wait for you to finish the rom best you can before putting it onto a chip/cart.

I have just bought a test donor cart, will work on making one once it arrives as a test.
    Last edited by LeGIt; 02-08-2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Double Post Merge
    Your comments are noted. Nothing will change. Thanks for your continued support!

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by PacoChan View Post

I wanted to thank everyone for been able to obtain this game. However I'll only die happy if I play RE 1.5 :P

Anyway, I've made a full playthrough with Jill. I only hacked at the necessary areas (red book, and don't remember if there is another).

And BTW, I'm reverse engineering the game to try to fix the bugs. Despite I was able to bugfix Cheetahmen II, in this case, there is a lot of missing code, so I can only do workarounds. This is what I got so far:

- Door at the beginning of the labs that leads to the heliporter will be closed at the beginning. It will open when you exit the Tyrant room.
    - Now you can access to the morgue room. It's an ugly hack, but I think there is no other way since the morgue and the previous room are the same room. I removed the collision of the left wall so you can go through both rooms freely.
    - I think I cannot fix the red book thing before Plant 42. It's not programmed. And even if I move the bookcase, and enable all the possible events in the game, the door doesn't work. So I'll try to add an event so the big door to the Plant 42 opens when you finish the aquarium or something like that.
    Excellent stuff. I think even a quck-and-dirty hack would be massively appreciated. The main thing is for people playing on real hardware to be able to play the game to it's conclusion. If that requires messy hacks, then so be it.

Foot Soldier

Any way you could send me this? or release it.... I'm smart with all this code stuff but not that smart and i don't really want to get full in to the game only to be cut off by a door or item not working. I'v been waiting for this game since i heard it got canned.... it's finally here...

Watching your videos now :thumbsup::-) GOOD WORK !

FM Towns Addict
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    I am considering buying a limit supply of direct replacement eproms. You could just open the donor and swap the chip.

I suppose it depends on how much interest there is.... I could sell a few carts, but I am not sure how that would sit (I wouldnt be charging a premium for the cart, only the time/work + material costs).

If anyone is interested in a replacement chip or a cart, post here and I can figure out if its worth bothering.
    I'd be up for a cart for sure! Two even, one for each build. Maybe four even, one for each build as is, and one for each build hacked as may or may not be the case!

(I don't see that anyone would grumble for you offering such a service for the cost of parts / time. Well ok, someone out there would of course grumble, but you know what I mean.)
    Last edited by wheelaa; 02-07-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Foot Soldier

I would buy two, one for each build! but what would the prices be ? (your putting the roms onto playable carts for us to use in our GBC's right? that's what i'm getting from your post lol)

Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

Correct.

And it depends on price of chips, price of donor carts (which I likely cant get in huge amounts anyway) and how long it takes.

I have ordered 3 carts and will see how long it takes me.

Anyone got the price of a GBC flashcart, so I can scrap the idea if they are really cheap?

Combat Soldier

http://www.reinerziegler.de/readplus.htm#GB_Flasher

Easy to build flash card from existing GBC cart including an easy to build flasher/dumper. And open source :)

Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

Pretty much what I was going to build and what I had already linked to in this thread :P

Combat Soldier

Pretty much what I was going to build and what I had already linked to in this thread :P
    Sorry didn't read all the new posts before posting. :S

Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

Its why I asked the price of existing commercial flash carts - if those are cheaper than donor cart + eprom + labour, then there is no point :)

Thanks for release the Game. I have a question about debug mode. How can I put the codes that other users have posted along this thread into de the game to get access to items and doors that are not available?

Thanks.

Site Supporter 2013 Combat Soldier

Awesome, thanks!

FM Towns Addict
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Elite

Its why I asked the price of existing commercial flash carts - if those are cheaper than donor cart + eprom + labour, then there is no point :)
    Is this it?

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.p...r0im7jfig0bm66

(I have no idea about this stuff)

Edit - you could always get people to send in donor carts.
    Last edited by wheelaa; 02-07-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Here's the patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?x2debhc0fvj3c05

Changes:

• There's no red book. Now you only have to take the white book from the bookcase and the main door to the Plant 42 will open (the big door, not the one behind the bookcase in the small room).
    • The door to the heliporter is closed by default. It will open when you exit the Tyrant room.
    • Removed the collision of the left wall in one of the lab's rooms to be able to access to the morgue and one of the MO Readers.

Now the game can be played with no serious problems, although, there's no ending.

Tell me if in this version Barry or Rebecca can die. The opening of the heliporter's door depends of the scene that begins when you exit the Tyrant's room. If there isn't Barry or Rebecca with you, I guess it wouldn't be any scene and maybe the door won't open. But I'm not sure. It would be nice if someone could test that.
    Last edited by PacoChan; 02-07-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Combat Soldier

When it will be 1.5?

Here's the patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?x2debhc0fvj3c05

Changes:

• There's no red book. Now you only have to take the white book from the bookcase and the main door to the Plant 42 will open (the big door, not the one behind the bookcase in the small room).
    • The door to the heliporter is closed by default. It will open when you exit the Tyrant room.
    • Removed the collision of the left wall in one of the lab's rooms to be able to access to the morgue and one of the MO Readers.

Now the game can be played with no serious problems, although, there's no ending.

Tell me if in this version Barry or Rebecca can die. The opening of the heliporter's door depends of the scene that begins when you exit the Tyrant's room. If there isn't Barry or Rebecca with you, I guess it wouldn't be any scene and maybe the door won't open. But I'm not sure. It would be nice if someone could test that.
    Thanks for the work PacoChan. How can I patch the rom? Wich program I have use to do so?

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Maxou View Post
    When it will be 1.5?

Not anytime in the foreseeable future.