Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil GBC Fundraiser thread - 2 builds! (GOAL MET)

Master Baiter
    Site Supporter 2011
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    Unless this collector destroys these cartridges after the ROMs are posted, the $2,000 entry fee is nothing but pure profit, since the cartridges can still be sold afterwards.
    The point is legitimate, but the amount the value drops down to is debatable. Probably $200-500 at the very best given that it still retains collector value, just not to people who love to hoard unreleased prototypes who quite frankly come off as a bit nutty to me in the first place.

The Mona Lisa is a one of a kind, but it still resides in a museum.

EDIT:
    And here come the kiddos from random blogs to badmouth this practice as if their moral high horse is better than our moral high horse.
    Last edited by APE; 01-31-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...ad.php?t=31524
    My feedback thread, since it seems somewhat difficult for people to find.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

Quote Originally Posted by browzers View Post
    Ha ha, any topic related to an unreleased Resident Evil game is going to have the most views without a doubt. With that being said, can the pictures be re-upped? they are nice.

My apologies! I will re-upload the pictures this evening; I was a little busy last night!

Quote Originally Posted by k3v1N View Post
    How is this "NON PROFIT" if the seller retains the cart?
    Maybe I have misread, and they are indeed selling the physical thing. If not, then they aren't taking any sort of hit unless the physical game leaves their possession.
    I don't have a problem with it, but don't misrepresent it. At any time, the seller can sell the physical copy well after the "fundraiser" is done.

This is 'non profit' as the owner of the cart is releasing the rom for less than he paid for the actual cart!
    Once the rom is released the actual cart, IMO, would have an approximate value of maybe $200?!

This is quite obvious and I have never 'misrepresented' anything :banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by APE View Post
    The Mona Lisa is a one of a kind, but it still resides in a museum.
    Entry to the musée du louvre isn't free...
    Follow me on twitter - @kiff_mekkgaming

Feedback thread -
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?26389-kiff

thanks for the clarification
    so they are releasing this rom to everyone and not just donors? That's good to hear.

Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue
    Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

HiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHi
    Yes, its a public release. The fund raiser is just to cover the lost value of the original cart (as it will be released, its value will drop).

The guy could quite easily sell the cart privately and no one would get the rom. So this isnt evil as some seem to be making out.
    Your comments are noted. Nothing will change. Thanks for your continued support!

If you cant PM me (no account, other voodoo) you can contact me via this link.
    My Modding parts for sale thread can be found here: CLICK ME

DreamTR already made a comment about the value drop by an actual example (California Raisins) which cost 3000 dollars and couldn't be sold for 500 $ after the release of the ROM image. The fact is that regular releases do not lose value with dumps floating around because the cult is made around the release (cart, disk etc.) itself rather than it's content. However a prototype's value is defined by it's content. Is it different from the final or even an unreleased game? The interesting part is the data rather than the physical media - often it's just a rewritable development cart etc., a random media the proto is stored on. So once the data is available the media it has originally be stored on is more or less obsolete. It might be slightly different with official kiosk demos of later unreleased games - I don't know.

Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue
    Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

HiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHi
    If the cart is anything like the normal gameboy dev carts, its just an eeprom - you could quite easily make your own and sell it.

Thats why there is no value after its released (as you rightly said) and what these people need to understand.

The physical cart is pretty worthless, as it can be duplicated once the rom is out. There is no artwork to copy etc.
    Your comments are noted. Nothing will change. Thanks for your continued support!

If you cant PM me (no account, other voodoo) you can contact me via this link.
    My Modding parts for sale thread can be found here: CLICK ME

Foot Soldier

Besides, everyone who is donating knows what they are donating for, and the fact that the seller keeps the cartridge. No-one's being held at ransom just because the sale has a deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by kiff View Post
    My apologies! I will re-upload the pictures this evening; I was a little busy last night!

This is 'non profit' as the owner of the cart is releasing the rom for less than he paid for the actual cart!
    Once the rom is released the actual cart, IMO, would have an approximate value of maybe $200?!

This is quite obvious and I have never 'misrepresented' anything :banghead:

Entry to the musée du louvre isn't free...

...little bit offtopic, but entry to musee de louvre IS free ! :)

Hope these games get released !
    visit my collection at:nod:
    www.biohazardcollector.wg.am

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard. View Post
    Really?? My apologies... I thought you had to purchase a museum pass to visit all the museums in Paris. :redface:

Kinda makes my point invalid!
    Follow me on twitter - @kiff_mekkgaming

Feedback thread -
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?26389-kiff

Foot Soldier

LOL its mind blowing how people still can't figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by browzers View Post
    LOL its mind blowing how people still can't figure this out.
    Tell me about it :banghead:
    Its that joystiq editor who confused people with his misguiding article. Just to clear up:

RESIDENT EVIL GBC WILL BE RELEASED PUBLICALLY. 2 ROMS.

THE ORIGINAL CART WILL DECREASE IN VALUE CONSIDERABLY.

THE OWNER OF THE CART PAID MORE THAN $2000 FOR IT. HE IS BEING GENEROUS BY RELEASING IT PUBLICALLY FOR $2000.

EVERYONE CAN PLAY IT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THEY DONATED.

IF THE TOTAL ISN'T MET FULL REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
    Last edited by Lost Harp; 01-31-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014

Tribuni Angusticlavii

It's just Joystiq shit posting as usual, anybody who isn't an utter mong will read the first post and understand immediately.

>holding it ransom
    >the "kidnapper" getting less than he paid for it

ISHYGDDT

[11-05, 20:14] amiga1200: it's fols like YOU that make me empathise with BOMBERS!

[11-05, 20:12] amiga1200:
    @ CUNTIST, i mean cyantist. aren't you on my shitlist? why are you quoting my responses? i'm not getting sucked into your englishness, sorry!

What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch! ASSEMbler Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard. View Post

Hope these games get released !
    Entry is free in the following cases:
    - Every 1st sunday of the month
    - July 14th (national holiday)
    - If you are under 18
    - If you are between 19~25 AND a citizen of the EU
    - If you are disabled

Otherwise it's 10€

/Offtopic

Regarding the article on Joystiq: There is no such thing as bad publicity. The article got the word out to a lot of people who want to see this game released, I bet some who read the article even registered here just to donate!
    http://girugalol.mybrute.com

When the doctor asked me, if I heard voices in my head, the voices said "tell him no!"

Foot Soldier

Considering the one dude said he informed capcom, that's not what we want or need.

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by browzers
    Considering the one dude said he informed capcom, that's not what we want or need.
    I'm still having trouble comprehending why someone would actually do something so stupid.

Site Supporter 2013 Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
    I'm still having trouble comprehending why someone would actually do something so stupid.
    Here is the thread that he refered to:
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...o_the_Internet

What an idiot... :DOH:

I am very very interested in getting this rom and I will likely make a donation soon, but I have a quick question - once the $2000 is met, will the rom just be available for all? where will it be hosted for download?

ok nevermind i read some posts above me i somehow missed the first time =) I just need to make a paypal account and ill send around 30-50. any updates on the total yet?

Foot Soldier

$1,597.81 raised so far

Combat Soldier

Sent $20 bucks to keep the ball rolling ;)