Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 547

Thread: Resident Evil GBC Fundraiser thread - 2 builds! (GOAL MET)

  1. #301
    you can reproduce original discs with betas - you just need to buy similar disc, burn it in similar way, write/print similar words at similar place.
    Once the rom is released, anyone claiming to own an "original cart" cant prove it - as you can make your own. I could try and sell you a cart after this rom is released and say "I have had this in my personal collection for years, but now the rom is out - I would rather sell it to a collector as a piece of resident evil history"
    2 versions of this came out, whats to say someone else doesnt have a copy and will try and sell it?
    I won't buy it from "someone" after release) Only the carts on photo.

    We are talking about something what is very likely not for sale;-).

  2. #302
    What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch! ASSEMbler Soldier
    alphagamer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by biohazardcvx View Post
    you can reproduce original discs with betas - you just need to buy similar disc, burn it in similar way, write/print similar words at similar place.



    I won't buy it from "someone" after release) Only the carts on photo.

    We are talking about something what is very likely not for sale;-).
    If the cart is for sale depends on your offer I guess ;-)

    Good luck :thumbsup:
    http://girugalol.mybrute.com

    When the doctor asked me, if I heard voices in my head, the voices said "tell him no!"

  3. #303
    Site Donor 2012 Foot Soldier
    discworld's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    249
    what is the to-Do-List for this release now?
    ldr r0,=Germany
    ldr r0,[r0]

  4. #304
    Combat Soldier
    veganx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    the original cart is a standard REWRITABLE dev cart. you can write the rom to it, you have no way to tell if its "original" or not.





    I could make as many of these as I like and sell them as original - hence the original point of the cart being worth much less when released, AS YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN.
    How much one of those costs? And how do you flash it?
    I want to make one to be put in my shelf as a memorablia ;D

    I already have donkey kong country competition cartridge and star fox super weekend replicas here and they are very nice =)))

  5. #305
    Foot Soldier
    stranno's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    León, Spain
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by discworld View Post
    what is the to-Do-List for this release now?
    kiff already said that -maybe- this night roms will be uploaded

  6. #306
    Foot Soldier
    Shakey_Jake33's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    230
    We have this little debate every time a beta is released.

  7. #307
    What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch! ASSEMbler Soldier
    alphagamer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
    We have this little debate every time a beta is released.
    Yep.

    It's done when it's done, like always.

    Guys, be patient!
    http://girugalol.mybrute.com

    When the doctor asked me, if I heard voices in my head, the voices said "tell him no!"

  8. #308
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore
    kiff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,440
    Hey everyone!

    I am just in the process of writing up the final wording and putting together the thank you list etc...

    The links WILL be up within the next couple of hours and alot of the questions I have missed (over the last couple of pages) will be answered!

    ;-)
    Follow me on twitter - @kiff_mekkgaming

    Feedback thread -
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?26389-kiff



  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by kiff View Post
    Hey everyone!

    I am just in the process of writing up the final wording and putting together the thank you list etc...

    The links WILL be up within the next couple of hours and alot of the questions I have missed (over the last couple of pages) will be answered!

    ;-)
    Yay! My body (And Gameboy) are ready.

  10. #310
    Foot Soldier
    stranno's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    León, Spain
    Posts
    340
    YAY!, i have another Minecraft hour to spend

  11. #311
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore
    kiff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,440
    Fundraiser – Resident Evil GBC – Release post


    *** CONGRATULATIONS ***


    We have now reached our goal and the total has been met. Both builds can be downloaded via the links below -

    Both cart files zipped up -
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8tw9j91hjjgnw7m


    I'd like to thank the owner of cart 1 for coming forwards and being prepared to take a loss on his purchase price to make this available to the community. A big thank you to the original owner of cart 2 for allowing us to make it part of the fundraiser; a second thank you therein to the new owner of this cart for taking yet another substantial loss!


    We have to thank forum member NESWORLD for loaning the hardware which made it possible to dump the contents of cart 2 for the community.


    We then, obviously, have to thank everyone who donated towards the total. I don't want to list the amount that each person donated because we would not have reached the total without EVERY donation sent!
    Here are the people that made this possible (forum names where possible but not everyone made note of it) -


    Alphagamer
    Discworld
    Stranno
    Corrigo
    Moondog
    Shakey_Jake33
    Retromills
    LeGIt
    Kanaka
    Col. MJP
    OkeijiDragon
    Haunted360
    DXP
    Borman
    260z
    Mrlokievil
    Dan B
    Godlike_Sebuch
    Wheelaa
    Jaunelapin
    J.T.
    Juste
    Mystical
    Nakian
    Cyantist
    Kiddcade


    Now names -


    Adam Buchanan
    John Skelton
    Robert Sobaszek
    Stanislav Plakhou
    Kamil Srock
    Justin Richardson
    James O'Neil
    Frank Cifaldi
    Matthew Royal
    David Frear
    Alec Breen
    Joost Van Dijkhorst
    Aaron Palmer
    Joseph Drilling
    Luke Johnson
    Maria Acqua
    James Lothridge
    Andrew Ogier
    Frederic Tauxe
    James Kelly


    What will happen to the carts now?


    The ORIGINAL carts will remain with the owner as part of his personal collection and will no be sold! I did mention this is the OP but have still had many requests for a price for the carts – THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE and I will simply ignore anymore requests be it via PM, email or this thread.


    As people have already said, it wouldn't be too difficult to make your own cart... and feel free to do as you wish with the data, BUT I think we (the entire community, who made it possible to have this data released) should make it our priority to stop anyone who tries to profit from this release! If anyone spots anything dubious they should make it known here!
    This has always been a 'not for profit' release so it would be an insult to this fundraiser should anything change that in the future!


    Don't like to end on a sour note after all the great things we have done as a community so let me say it once more... CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Last edited by kiff; 02-04-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Follow me on twitter - @kiff_mekkgaming

    Feedback thread -
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?26389-kiff



  12. #312
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier
    Decapicitated's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    319
    Thanks alot Kiff!

    Can you re-upload somewhere else

    First rom is 0kb

    This hosting service is awful!
    Last edited by LeGIt; 02-05-2012 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Double Post Merge

  13. #313
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore
    kiff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Decapicitated View Post
    Can you upload somewhere else

    First rom is 0kb

    Second is corrupt

    This hosting service is awful!
    Hmmm, maybe I should have tested them out before hand.

    Fixing them now and will change ASAP!
    Follow me on twitter - @kiff_mekkgaming

    Feedback thread -
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?26389-kiff



  14. #314
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier
    Decapicitated's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by kiff View Post
    Hmmm, maybe I should have tested them out before hand.

    Fixing them now and will change ASAP!
    Not a problem, it's the first rom which is 0kb the second is fine (i must've loaded the same one twice)

    ;)

  15. #315
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore
    kiff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,440
    Follow me on twitter - @kiff_mekkgaming

    Feedback thread -
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?26389-kiff



  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by kiff View Post
    Fundraiser – Resident Evil GBC – Release post


    *** CONGRATULATIONS ***


    We have now reached our goal and the total has been met. Both builds can be downloaded via the links below -

    Both cart files zipped up -
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8tw9j91hjjgnw7m


    I'd like to thank the owner of cart 1 for coming forwards and being prepared to take a loss on his purchase price to make this available to the community. A big thank you to the original owner of cart 2 for allowing us to make it part of the fundraiser; a second thank you therein to the new owner of this cart for taking yet another substantial loss!


    We have to thank forum member NESWORLD for loaning the hardware which made it possible to dump the contents of cart 2 for the community.


    We then, obviously, have to thank everyone who donated towards the total. I don't want to list the amount that each person donated because we would not have reached the total without EVERY donation sent!
    Here are the people that made this possible (forum names where possible but not everyone made note of it) -


    Alphagamer
    Discworld
    Stranno
    Corrigo
    Moondog
    Shakey_Jake33
    Retromills
    LeGIt
    Kanaka
    Col. MJP
    OkeijiDragon
    Haunted360
    DXP
    Borman
    260z
    Mrlokievil
    Dan B
    Godlike_Sebuch
    Wheelaa
    Jaunelapin
    J.T.
    Juste
    Mystical
    Nakian
    Cyantist
    Kiddcade


    Now names -


    Adam Buchanan
    John Skelton
    Robert Sobaszek
    Stanislav Plakhou
    Kamil Srock
    Justin Richardson
    James O'Neil
    Frank Cifaldi
    Matthew Royal
    David Frear
    Alec Breen
    Joost Van Dijkhorst
    Aaron Palmer
    Joseph Drilling
    Luke Johnson
    Maria Acqua
    James Lothridge
    Andrew Ogier
    Frederic Tauxe
    James Kelly


    What will happen to the carts now?


    The ORIGINAL carts will remain with the owner as part of his personal collection and will no be sold! I did mention this is the OP but have still had many requests for a price for the carts – THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE and I will simply ignore anymore requests be it via PM, email or this thread.


    As people have already said, it wouldn't be too difficult to make your own cart... and feel free to do as you wish with the data, BUT I think we (the entire community, who made it possible to have this data released) should make it our priority to stop anyone who tries to profit from this release! If anyone spots anything dubious they should make it known here!
    This has always been a 'not for profit' release so it would be an insult to this fundraiser should anything change that in the future!


    Don't like to end on a sour note after all the great things we have done as a community so let me say it once more... CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    I SALUTE TO KIFF AND OF COURSE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE!

    :)
    Last edited by Nakian; 02-04-2012 at 02:47 PM.

  17. #317
    Foot Soldier
    stranno's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    León, Spain
    Posts
    340
    Thanks to all

    Mednafening now

  18. #318
    Ahh, oopsie daisy. "James O'Neill" is me. I don't normally tend to use my irl name for any business, guess I was just rushing with the donating.

    Downloaded Cart 2. Hoping cart 1 gets re-upped since we can't really do anything with a 0kb file (EDIT: Dang, things happen fast just as I'm typing a message! Re-downloadiing). As I don't really like these file hosting services (Their verification systems are the most annoying things), may I ask permission to host these on my own webspace?

    BTW folks, Cart 2 is the earlier proto. I loaded it on BGB and it gave me a "wrong checksum" warning but it appears to be fine.
    Last edited by KiddoCabbusses; 02-04-2012 at 02:52 PM.

  19. #319
    What about builds dates?
    For example we know that bh 1 alphas are 04/08/95 and 04/10/95.

  20. #320
    Foot Soldier
    nesworld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    409
    I'm not sure if the "wrong checksum" is an issue, but it was noticed when dumping. Another attempt at dumping gave the same result.
    Longtime webmaster of www.nesworld.com
    Working on one of the most complete N64 release lists available.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •