Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil GBC Fundraiser thread - 2 builds! (GOAL MET)

Site Supporter 2013 Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by lestar View Post
    and with respect to sprite scaling, making a dump of memory i discovered that sprites are first decompressed into wram first, then are scale to finally load them into vram, it seems that sprites are scale them using a kind of patern located at $28000 address, the pattern into an hex editor is a straight count from 00 to FF, but in a graphic editor it looks like this

the red highlighted area correspond to the left part of jill's sprite, it seems that the bigger the patter is, the bigger the sprite is

if anyone is intereted, i think that decompression and scaling routine is at $29B2 offset
    That's just awesomely clever, I would never think of that. Thanks for taking your time to work with the rom!

Curious, did anyone hear I think it was retronauts bashing this?

Said it was being held ransom.

Seeing as it's this Site that started it I'm not sure I share that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenjcampbell View Post
    Curious, did anyone hear I think it was retronauts bashing this?

Said it was being held ransom.

Seeing as it's this Site that started it I'm not sure I share that opinion.
    In that episode of Retronauts, current host Bob Mackey said that this fundraiser had the "whiff of a scam," but he didn't look down on those supporting it.
    If you have Twitter, you have my permission to stalk me. Just tell me who you are as soon as you do. =P

Foot Soldier

'Whiff of a scam', as if this was somehow the first fundraiser for an unreleased game.

I am in sales.

Scam is a black, dark, ugly and downright BAD WORD.

So yeah.. I do not think that they should have used that, ever... especially considering the origin, and the people here.
    Anyhow, i still dig the show retronauts, just now take what they say with larger salt shakers.

Foot Soldier

it's nice to see people are still messing with this game.

Was thinking about throwing the roms on this bad boy and making some sweet cover art for it

http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalo...roducts_id=112

or from here
    not sure which is more reliable

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/usb-64m-smart-card

What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch! ASSEMbler Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by REFan View Post
    Was thinking about throwing the roms on this bad boy and making some sweet cover art for it

http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalo...roducts_id=112

or from here
    not sure which is more reliable

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/usb-64m-smart-card
    They are both the same cart, I also have one and it works good.
    http://girugalol.mybrute.com

When the doctor asked me, if I heard voices in my head, the voices said "tell him no!"

Can we get a link to the cart front and back again

Is there a version for this on Mac?
    I downloaded Virtual Boy for mac and attempted to open the file with it but it's not reading it.
    Any mac version?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by ASSEMbler; 05-05-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Admin
    ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Blog Entries
    A great community effort.
    "Aufidius was here. Goodbye"

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Hardcore

Wow this game was actually released?! How did I miss this? Oh well, glad its finally seen the light of day!

Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    Wow this game was actually released?! How did I miss this? Oh well, glad its finally seen the light of day!
    You are only late some months and drama later. Haha I've played this thing from start to finish, it was actually fun for a prototype. Since you're apparently a fan of 1.5, let me say something: They said this game was 90% complete. Play the cart and tell me: Does it looks like near 75%? Imagine how finished should be the last build of 1.5...
    You stand at the city of disaster, the Beast City, where the Biological Intelligence in Artificial City, what we call BIAS locates.
    Nobody knows about what has been going on on BIAS. You could hear nothing but deep breathing of BIAS. The only way to survive is...
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED.

PC Engine OBEYER.

If you enter a thread about Tomb Raider and betas in general, and you see a low post count user with a beta interacting with the user Unknown-Organization (or vice versa), run away from it.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Hardcore

Seems like this was quite a fund raiser!!! All I can say is thanks to everyone who donated! I feel like a scum bag for not being one of them! :( Any way I can make an additional donation?

Quote Originally Posted by AleffCorrea View Post
    You are only late some months and drama later. Haha I've played this thing from start to finish, it was actually fun for a prototype. Since you're apparently a fan of 1.5, let me say something: They said this game was 90% complete. Play the cart and tell me: Does it looks like near 75%? Imagine how finished should be the last build of 1.5...
    Unfortunately I'm computerless at the minute so going to be a while before I can download the game...
    Last edited by geluda; 05-05-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by AleffCorrea View Post
    The truth has been spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by veggav View Post
    The truth has been spoken!
    Funny thing is that 95% of those people who asks "OMG GIVE TEH BETAZ !!1!!eleven" won't even play through ten rooms of the game. People thinks that there will be FMVs, there will be no bugs, all finished, textured, with sfx, they'll be able to beat it without cheats, etc.. Try to count how many people at least went from start to the Shark Watertank on the Gameboy prototype... I've beaten it with much tinkering with the RAM values during gameplay, can't say there was at least a dozen who did it on THIA (I know that all the people who didn't play it here at ASSEMBLER wasn't interested in the game to begin with...)

There will be 25 ~ 100 people who will play 1.5 for real, and even less to analyse the game data.
    You stand at the city of disaster, the Beast City, where the Biological Intelligence in Artificial City, what we call BIAS locates.
    Nobody knows about what has been going on on BIAS. You could hear nothing but deep breathing of BIAS. The only way to survive is...
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED.

PC Engine OBEYER.

If you enter a thread about Tomb Raider and betas in general, and you see a low post count user with a beta interacting with the user Unknown-Organization (or vice versa), run away from it.

Im new to this forum and wanted to ask has this forum tried a fundraiser for resident evil 1.5 ?

The problem is there's no copy of RE 1.5 this forum could fundraise for. If someone ever finds one, I'm pretty sure it will.

Foot Soldier

You would assume that the only reason copies of this game were floating around is because it was developed in the west.

Hi all,
    ive just come across this thread and I'd just like to say thanks to everyone.
    Back in 1999, I worked on Re GBC. My role was a minor one, creating design docs and bug testing the game.

I also recorded the 'Resident Evil' speech sample that is used at the start of the game, and I believe that was the one used.

I still have some of the paperwork from back then, but the one thing I didn't have was a copy of the game.

Thanks to you guys, I can now add it to my work archive :-)

At the time there were plans to convert RE2 and Dino Crisis to GBC, but they got knocked on the head when RE got cancelled.

anyway, nice work guys and I look forward to updates as people play around with the code.
    Last edited by pjfrith; 11-30-2012 at 09:19 AM.