Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil GBC Fundraiser thread - 2 builds! (GOAL MET)

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

Resident Evil GBC Fundraiser thread - 2 builds! (GOAL MET)

Fundraiser – Resident Evil GBC

Total - For both roms!!!
    GOAL REACHED - 03/02/2012

Time Scale

Payment Details

DOWNLOADS -

Original dumps (both builds)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8tw9j91hjjgnw7m

PacoChan patched build
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x2debhc0fvj3c05

Details - Cart 1

Most people are probably aware of this title but for those that aren't – This was canned around 90% into development (so so close to release; what a shame). It was designed by HotGen to be a direct conversion of the Playstation original. Capcom refused the final build in 2000 saying that they 'were not confident that the product would have made both consumers and Capcom happy'.

I am running this fundraiser for a third party who does not wish to be identified. I do not personally own this cart so please do not contact me with regards to a private sale. The ONLY way this will ever see sunlight again is via the fundraiser.

The build that is to be released is very nearly complete in gameplay terms but when you get to the door at the Guardhouse Underground Watertank you cannot open it (even though you have found and have the correct key in your inventory). You can bypass this point by changing some memory values and 'jumping through' some of the rooms but I think we will leave that for you to figure out; keep some excitement in it.
    You have unlimited ammo and the Zombies are very slow so the game itself is quite easy. The Beretta and Shotgun work fine, you can find the Bazooka but can't get it to fire!
    The only enemies which work are the Zombies; Jawn is in the attic as usual but he just stands there and does nothing.
    Plant 42 is present but again, it doesn't work.
    Most of/ all of the cut scenes are present and work but I am not 100% if any of the endings work.

Hi-Res Packshot

Screens

This is the point where the door won't open -

Cart 1 Front -

Cart 1 Back -

Details - Cart 2
    Well after so many years without a single sniff of this ever seeing daylight, we are now blessed with a second cart! I am also pleased to tell everyone that this IS a different build.

I haven't managed to give it the full play test as yet but noticable differences off the bat are -
    There is no 'Load Game' function available. If you select 'Load Game' you are advanced straight to character selection (As though you selected 'New Game').
    Jill is not available as a playable character! Her ID is present but if you select her the game automatically starts as Chris.
    Chris' inventory at the start of the game is different - there are still only 6 item spaces but you instantly have access to the combat knife, beretta and shotgun (all of which are selectable and working). The Map is also present and working.

That's about as much as I have managed to play it so far but I will have some time towards the end of the week to dedicate to more extensive testing and will update my finds as and when I can - this will be much easier when the tools to dump the rom are in hand!

Cart 2 Front -

Cart 2 Back -

I will be posting better pictures of the new cart in action once I have the relevant tools at hand but for now a sneek peek -

Nearly 12 years since the original was cancelled we have an opportunity to get this out into the public.
    This is a non profit release; infact, the owner is taking quite a substantial hit on this one.

I am open to answer any questions...

(This has been cleared with Assembler)
    Last edited by ASSEMbler; 02-27-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    Follow me on twitter - @kiff_mekkgaming

Feedback thread -
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?26389-kiff

Nice find, dude =D

I hope this one doesn't end up like the RE1.5 deal.
    Last edited by The Funto; 11-28-2011 at 05:14 PM.

For the GBC this was quite amazing.. I remember hearing about it at the time and telling my parents I wanted it when it came out. it just vanished though.

Slightly off topic

I'd love to see RE2 for GBA released because that really did look like an amazing feat for GBA hardware

What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch! ASSEMbler Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterp View Post
    For the GBC this was quite amazing.. I remember hearing about it at the time and telling my parents I wanted it when it came out. it just vanished though.
    Get your parents to donate some money toward the fundraiser :-)

I will check my balance after Christmas and if there is enough left to survive January I will donate some.
    http://girugalol.mybrute.com

When the doctor asked me, if I heard voices in my head, the voices said "tell him no!"

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Wow cool, is this the only copy in existence? Or is this one of those things tossed around?

Foot Soldier

Just came back after a long while, and Christmas comes early. Will be sending some money around next week. :love2:

PtoPOnline.com Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    ASM hardcore

This is the only copy I know of that exists, if it is the copy I think it is (and the info is the same so). Will see if I can scrape something up in a week or two, moving this weekend though.

Very interested, I'll send some cash come January, thanks.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Decapicitated View Post
    Wow cool, is this the only copy in existence? Or is this one of those things tossed around?
    This is the only KNOWN copy of the game and hasn't been 'tossed around'. It has been in 2 collectors hands including the current owner.

Feedback thread -

Site Donor 2012 Foot Soldier

any chance to make some real gameboy color copies if this will be released? (like geist force)
    Last edited by discworld; 11-29-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    ldr r0,=Germany
    ldr r0,[r0]

Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue
    Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

HiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHi
    I don't think anyone would take that on. But you could make your own pretty easily. You could also make a reprogrammable cart just incase someone hacks/fixes the rom
    Your comments are noted. Nothing will change. Thanks for your continued support!

If you cant PM me (no account, other voodoo) you can contact me via this link.
    My Modding parts for sale thread can be found here: CLICK ME

Impressive, there already been made a video of this on youtube. I love this

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

Quote Originally Posted by discworld View Post
    any chance to make some real gameboy color copies if this will be released? (like geist force)
    I am not prepared to take on the extra work to have reproduction carts made; especially after Geist Force.

If someone wants to take this up after the release then so be it.

Still no donations so far :-)

Feedback thread -

I think raising $2000 might be a bit optimistic. Would the prototype even sell for that amount on the open market?

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by badinsults View Post
    I think raising $2000 might be a bit optimistic. Would the prototype even sell for that amount on the open market?
    Yeah, it's biizzare. Someone attempted to charge me $3000 and i refuse (another un-rare proto)

Maybe he paid double the price and he's being nice? Anyhow, as a seller he's in his rights to do what he pleases. As a buyer, you are in your rights to do what you want (:!

Anyhow, it's an unreleased game, think about it.

All you need is:

2000 fans to donate $1
    or
    1000 fans to donate $2
    or
    500 fans to donate $4
    or
    250 fans to donate $8
    or
    125 fans to donate $16
    or
    62 fans to donate $32
    or
    31 fans to donate $64

Seems like alot? But if there are many people, it's actually pretty cheap!
    Last edited by Decapicitated; 11-29-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Is the fundraiser also posted on other sites, or just ASSEMbler?
    Last edited by alphagamer; 11-29-2011 at 06:29 PM.

When the doctor asked me, if I heard voices in my head, the voices said "tell him no!"

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Elite

Quote Originally Posted by badinsults View Post
    As I stated in the OP the owner is taking a loss on the price he paid for the cart. That was via a private sale, not the open market.

This is an unreleased Resident Evil title. I don't think they come much better...

Quote Originally Posted by alphagamer View Post
    This is just posted on ASSEMbler at the moment but we will see how things progress. Still no donations for the moment.

Feedback thread -

Quote Originally Posted by kiff View Post
    Still no donations for the moment.
    Aw, man, I sent a little something to get the ball rolling...
    Last edited by alphagamer; 11-29-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Combat Soldier

if i had 18 years old, i ve could register my credit card at pay pal, contacted a friend, but he can´t do the donation.

pato, probably we need some middle man to make donatations for "non-paypal" guys.
    I opened threads in some russian RE communities where i gave a link to this thread.
    Last edited by biohazardcvx; 11-30-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast