Thread: Making New Win7 x64 Bleem Script, Help Needed...

Foot Soldier

Making New Win7 x64 Bleem Script, Help Needed...

I am writing up a new bat file in order to make doing Bleem releases a little easier. Well before we had to be at the mercy of the fact Win 7 x64 had no ASPI drivers but now with MekugiAspi I can do most of my DC ripping without a virtual machine!! One thing stands between me and my new Bleem script. A clone for IPINS.exe that works for 32 bit PC's. I have been looking through Family Guy's batch file in hopes of maybe doing what he does in order to insert the IP.BIN under Win7. The problem lies with the fact if you fuss with binary hacking it at all the emulator refuses to work. I have zero coding skills but would love to share this with everyone if someone could write a quick app of any flavor and a fast dirty job is ok. I just need it to work for Win7 x64 and insert an IP.BIN into an ISO at the proper LBA of my choosing. I don't have a lot of cash I am out on a limb here. If not I will just have to use two separate PC's for ripping ETC. Family Guy said it shouldn't be hard I just don't know where to start.

Sex, Drug, and Rock N' Roll !! Member Hardcore

How exactly do you make your bleem discs?

Because AFAIK the procedure is pretty straightforward:

0- Find the address of your burner this way:
    cdrecord -scanbus
    It's a X,X,X formated number associated to your burner

1- Burn a ps1 game and leave the disc open (for multisession)
    cdrecord -dev=x,x,x -multi -data ps1game.iso

Where x,x,x is the address of your burner

2- Check at which LBA the 2de session will start
    cdrecord -dev=x,x,x -msinfo
    It will output something formatted "y,z", remember the z number

3- Hack the bleem beta executable and make its hacked ip.bin with binhack32, when asked for a bootsector enter ip.hak, when asked for a binary enter the name of the bleem bootbin (1bleem.bin?) and when asked for the LBA, enter the "z" number from step 2. This will create a file called ip.hak, this is the hacked ip.bin. Note: original ip.bin must be is the working directory.

4- Make an iso for the 2de session, THIS IS WHERE THE HACKED IP.BIN WILL BE INSERTED. Assuming the bootbin is in a folder called "data" and that the ip.hak is in the working directory ("./ip.hak" and "./data/1bleem.bin"):
    mkisofs -C 0,z -V CDAME -G ip.hak -M ps1game.iso -l -hide 0.0 -o bleem.iso data
    Here,z is the z number from step 2, CDNAME is the label of the cd in "My Computer", -G ip.hak does the ipins thing, -M ps1game.iso allows the BC! bootbin to acess the files from the ps1 game in first session (Merge TOC), ps1game.iso is the game burnt in first session, -l is for long filenames i think, -hide 0.0 allows you to put a dummy called 0.0 (sorted as the first file of the session) which won't be seen in the TOC (invisible dummy), -o bleem.iso select the output iso file and data says that source files are i the data folder.

5- Burn 2de session to a CD:
    cdrecord -dev=x,x,x -xa2 bleem.iso
    If -xa2 doesn't works, try -xa or -xa1. The meaning of these options has changed in different cdrecord versions.

As you can see, there's no need for IPINS as it's taken care of by mkisofs [...] -G ip.hak [...]

Hope you figure it out!
    NB: This is all off my head, there might be some small inacuracies on details, but the general idea is there.

Cheers,

FG
    Last edited by -=FamilyGuy=-; 11-11-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    I always need 5 things in life: Sleep, Food (I'm pretty addicted), Sex (like previous), Time and FINALLY ...
    Time to do sex then sleep after a good meal!

My SelfBootDATA pack for 45000 data/data backup 32bit edition: http://bit.ly/RymfFG

My Gdi2Data pack, to automatically extract data from GDI files: bit.ly/LHnftm
    Binhack32 with complete sourcecode: bit.ly/LHnhS8

Foot Soldier

If you hack the IP.BIN in I anyway it breaks the emulator so we can't touch that as adding a logo to the ip.bin breaks it. Do you think you could help me with this? If I can get that correct I can make Bleem games under Win7 x64

@echo off

set scsi_id= 0,1,0
    set speed= 16
    set gamename= XXX
    cdrecord -dev=%scsi_id% -msinfo > msinfo.txt
    mkisofs -C @msinfo.txt -V %gamename% -l -o data.iso data
    del msinfo.txt
    echo:IP.BIN > ipins.txt
    echo:data.iso >> ipins.txt
    ipins < ipins.txt
    del ipins.txt
    cdrecord -dev=%scsi_id% -xa1 speed=%speed% data.iso
    cdrecord -dev=%scsi_id% -eject
    del data.iso

@echo: You're all done, happy bleem!castin'
    @echo off
    pause

That is my script I am using could you help me tighten it up? -G ip.bin
    Last edited by RaZiel; 11-12-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Sex, Drug, and Rock N' Roll !! Member Hardcore

If what you posted works under a 32bits OS, then you only got to add "-G ip.bin" to the mkisofs line and delete the ones that echo things in ipins.txt, execute ipins.exe or deleted it. It should works perfectly.

The bleem beta is weird maybe it is why it doesn't require binhacking or needs a special ip.bin, I never looked into it too much.

FG
    I always need 5 things in life: Sleep, Food (I'm pretty addicted), Sex (like previous), Time and FINALLY ...
    Time to do sex then sleep after a good meal!

My SelfBootDATA pack for 45000 data/data backup 32bit edition: http://bit.ly/RymfFG

My Gdi2Data pack, to automatically extract data from GDI files: bit.ly/LHnftm
    Binhack32 with complete sourcecode: bit.ly/LHnhS8

Foot Soldier

I love Bleem beta selfbooting games, so this is right up my alley. Let me know if you get anything worthwhile.

What about trying to hack the releases?
    IberDC Dev Team Coder