Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider beta?

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Decapicitated View Post
    Awesome video, thanks a lot for sharing! By the way, do you have an updated list of known Tomb Raider betas? I saw in some old posts a list with red/green items, and the last one said there were no known Tomb Raider 4 betas. If that's not the case anymore, this is a great find indeed!

I haven't seen the development of this thread lately, so I am a bit lost about which new updates are there in the betas department.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Hardcore

Lol, the size of those shells.

Enlightenment ASSEMbler Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    Lol, the size of those shells.
    Lara always had big... "shells".

1HCg6o6zJkxtjNfyzGHtwZbXgCC7Kdf231

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    Awesome video, thanks a lot for sharing! By the way, do you have an updated list of known Tomb Raider betas? I saw in some old posts a list with red/green items, and the last one said there were no known Tomb Raider 4 betas. If that's not the case anymore, this is a great find indeed!

I haven't seen the development of this thread lately, so I am a bit lost about which new updates are there in the betas department.
    Yeah that list is rather out dated and there's not been much stuff going on lately what so ever. I know i have an updated one somewhere which should be outdated as i stopped updating it I'll try scavenge and find it if i still have it or I'll update the old list.

I've been working on a few Tomb Raider projects which I've probably not posted on here. One of which was a PORT of Tomb Raider Unfinished Business from PC to PS1, as it was a PC exclusive. It works excellent and was fun to work on however, hacking the game can be a nightmare. This isn't really beta related but oh well.

Tomb Raider Unfinished Business PS1

--

The Times Beta Demo

This is a beta of "The Times Exclusive" demo for Tomb Raider 4 only released on PC but it's for PSX.

Tomb Raider 4 Test Level 1 (October 1999)

This is similar to the test level previously shown but slightly different in level layout and contains a new selection of enemies which are featured in the final. It was probably used to test the enemies and how they react when Lara is in certain places still interesting, I also play around with the camera angle.

Tomb Raider 4 Test Level 2 (October 1999)

A brand new test level for Lara Croft, it was used to test bike Physics and items, objects of what Lara can interact with. This test level can also be seen in a Core Design interview video but it's slightly different and contains a bike unlike this one.

Enjoy these were excellent to play with.

Where can I get those TR4 test levels, if I may ask?

Foot Soldier

Any chance someone could re-up the Tomb Raider (May 20; E3 Demo) from Hidden Palace?

Site Supporter 2014 Combat Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by alf717 View Post
    Any chance someone could re-up the Tomb Raider (May 20; E3 Demo) from Hidden Palace?
    Course you can

http://theisozone.com/dl-start/40150/1/

Bare in mind, Sound does not exist in this version. you need to have PS1 emulator to run this ISO

Enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Unknown-Organization; 03-06-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: wrong link.

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest TR beta's View Post
    Course you can

http://theisozone.com/dl-start/40150/1/

Bare in mind, Sound does not exist in this version. you need to have PS1 emulator to run this ISO

Enjoy the game.
    Very nice! Thank you.

I have a Tomb Raider Chronicles (Beta) for PS1 ...have that any value?

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by NetYaroze View Post
    I have a Tomb Raider Chronicles (Beta) for PS1 ...have that any value?
    Isn't the Chronicles beta the one that was accidentally sold in the UK a few weeks before it's proper release date?

Depending on how many of them sold, and if it's the same as the one you have, it could indeed be worth a fair few quid.
    Last edited by braders1986; 03-18-2013 at 03:36 AM.

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by braders1986 View Post
    Isn't the Chronicles beta the one that was accidentally sold in the UK a few weeks before it's proper release date?

Depending on how many of them sold, and if it's the same as the one you have, it could indeed be worth a fair few quid.
    I PM'd him about the build date but he hasn't got back to me yet. However, this can be still classified as the final build since it was pressed onto PSX discs, they just did a re-release due to some issue with some guy appearing in the game he filed a lawsuit so they had to remove him and re-release the game. It looks like some discs before the removal still made it into stores which I also have but sadly, it's not that much of an interesting build. Quite a few people have it and don't even notice.

Foot Soldier

I PM'd him about the build date but he hasn't got back to me yet. However, this can be still classified as the final build since it was pressed onto PSX discs, they just did a re-release due to some issue with some guy appearing in the game he filed a lawsuit so they had to remove him and re-release the game. It looks like some discs before the removal still made it into stores which I also have but sadly, it's not that much of an interesting build. Quite a few people have it and don't even notice.
    I thought the early release had some missing fmv audio in places too . I could be wrong, was a long time ago I read up on it.
    Last edited by braders1986; 03-18-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by braders1986 View Post
    I thought the early release had some missing fmv audio in places too . I could be wrong, was a long time ago I read up on it.
    Yes, that's correct all FMVs have missing audio.

Site Supporter 2014 Foot Soldier

Is there anymore information regarding the guy you mention?

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Meringues View Post
    Is there anymore information regarding the guy you mention?
    Not really, unless he states the build date we cannot tell whether it's the same build or not.

Foot Soldier

I think he meant about the guy who threatened to sue about appearing in the game leading to the recall. First time ive heard this story too.

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by rewak View Post
    I think he meant about the guy who threatened to sue about appearing in the game leading to the recall. First time ive heard this story too.
    Oh lol my bad. If my memory serves me rightly, the story is that. Some guy who appeared in Tomb Raider 4 (can't remember his name), he was the face model for one of the characters i believe. The problem was that Core Design only had permission to use him in Tomb Raider 4 and since they used him in the next game, he threatened to sue core Design so they were forced to change it.

Beta:

Final:

Foot Soldier

Never knew that! Interesting bit of info, thanks :)

Foot Soldier

By the looks of it, Core pretty much just sent him to the barbers! lol