Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider beta?

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Decapicitated View Post
    First video freezes because the background ambiance cannot be loaded.
    Second video freezes because you stepped on the trigger for music, it couldn't load it so it froze.
    To be honest it looks like the CDDA wasn't ripped correctly so it's crashing the game. In earlier, closer builds the menu works perfectly fine. It's just when music is called it glitches.

The TOMB is cut off because it's cut off in the actual file the resolution is fine. There's no point re-burning the ISO the only difference is the menus it's not worth the trouble.
    Actually the second video freezes because I pressed start in the following room (I find it interesting it actually let's me open the menu to begin with), also The fourth video allows me to pull the switch and open the door once and once only, approaching the switch again crashes the game (I find it interesting how it works once and once only)... I trust your opinion, seems a reasonable conclusion, although other things do seem off in this build. If the sound files don't work for the pause menu and inventory menu, why will it open them if you load the game at the save point? Doesn't make any sense to me really, if sound files are knackered they should be knackered no matter what. Watch video 4.
    Last edited by geluda; 04-24-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore

I was wondering, how did you manage to play through the whole thing?

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    I was wondering, how did you manage to play through the whole thing?
    Level skipping works fine (custom modification). But crashes are still inevitable on some levels since they freeze up when putting in keys etc.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore

Level skipping works fine (custom modification). But crashes are still inevitable on some levels since they freeze up when putting in keys etc.
    Ah I see, thanks! Do you know who owns the originals? Wouldn't mind owning one if they were ever for sale. I guess the only hard ppart is knowing what's original and what's not!

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore

I know where this originally came from.

This came off a ''pirated'' ''bootleg'' disc of Tomb Raider 1. I'm pretty sure loads of others exist too. If you are looking for the original disc which is most likely impossible, it would've come from a review code disc i bet. But i don't see why it's of interest? Earlier is better right?
    Very true, although not always. Original is better, as if the dump we have did turn out to be a bad rip then it's possible content that can't be experienced now could be experienced without the image being full of errors. BH2 Beta 2 was a pirate bootleg also and that image has corrupt sectors making a lot of features not work, granted this build is not quite as interesting as BH2 Beta 2, but to have a fully working image would be nice, we never know what stage of the PSX development this build came from, and I'm sure this would make a nice cheap (ish) start to my non existant prototype collection lol. :) I like Tomb Raider beta, I find them very interesting, even if a build came along that had not been released it would be a series I would be interested in collecting. Got to start somewhere, right?
    Last edited by geluda; 04-25-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Very true, although not always. Original is better, as if the dump we have did turn out to be a bad rip then it's possible content that can't be experienced now could be experienced without the image being full of errors. BH2 Beta 2 was a pirate bootleg also and that image has corrupt sectors making a lot of features not work, granted this build is not quite as interesting as BH2 Beta 2, but to have a fully working image would be nice, we never know what stage of the PSX development this build came from, and I'm sure this would make a nice cheap (ish) start to my non existant prototype collection lol. :) I like Tomb Raider beta, I find them very interesting, even if a build came along that had not been released it would be a series I would be interested in collecting. Got to start somewhere, right?
    It is sad that the dump is bad. But there is someone else who has a working copy of it on this forum and they may even be able to provide a propper dump of they want to.

I know what stage of development this is from, it's just a September build compiled very close to the final release. There are earlier betas which are more fun to play with, since this so close to final i am going to run through some levels right now to see if there are some differences as i've only encountered 1 level difference only minor.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore

Wow, nice find! :) Fingers crossed!

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Alright, i can confim it's the same beta and it's working perfectly fine no crashes at all. I can confim that the previous copy was incorrectly ripped. I've played through the first few levels and noticed only sound differences for now and 1 texture error. Nothing that interesting.

Hi,i love Tomb Raider Beta.
    I never see a Tomb Raider 2 Beta i play this game.
    Total Drama

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah7777 View Post
    Hi,i love Tomb Raider Beta.
    I never see a Tomb Raider 2 Beta i play this game.
    Tomb Raider 2 is a good game you should check youtube to see the available betas.

Tomb Raider 1, PC, 1995, Eidos tech demo, pony tail version.
    Tomb Raider 1, Sega Saturn, 1995 Early preview build? Shown in one magazine only. Unknown to exist outside.
    Tomb Raider 1, PC, Before May 1996, Planetlara had this, website shut.
    Tomb Raider 1, Sega Saturn, May 1996, E3 Version released to public.

Tomb Raider 1, PC, July 1996, Preview demo, can be found on internet.
    Tomb Raider 1, Sega Saturn, July 1996, on youtube somewhere.
    Tomb Raider 1, Sega Saturn, August 1996, various reburns of the original were made.
    Tomb Raider 1, Sega Saturn, 26 August 1996, already sold.
    Tomb Raider 1, PSX, October 1996, I have this, compiled week before final. Identical to final but file size differences. freezes alot.
    Tomb Raider 1, Sega Saturn, UNK, described as short early demo.
    Tomb Raider 1, Sega Saturn, UNK, described as being close to final with differences, all levels.

Tomb Raider 2, PSX, 1997, E3 Demo, can be found in rare places.

Tomb Raider 2, PC, 1997, E3 version. Can be found on internet.
    Tomb Raider 2, PSX, September 1997, can be found on internet.
    Tomb Raider 2 PSX, September 1997, Demo can be found just about everywhere.
    Tomb Raider 2, PSX, October 1997, sold on another forum back in 2008. Thread still exists but it's unknown who has it.

Tomb Raider 3, PSX, October 1998, DRX selling for $700
    Tomb Raider 3, PSX, October 1998, similar to above (might be same) avalible in private.
    Tomb Raider 3, PSX, October 1998, avalible in private.

Tomb Raider 4, none known betas!

Tomb Raider Chronicles, PSX, October 2000, some users have it, not 'fully' leaked apparently.
    Tomb Raider Chronicles, PSX, November 2000 beta, Close to final? unknown, sold with TR2 beta.

Red: Unreleased/Sold/Lost
    Green: Leaked onto internet
    Thank.I search Tomb Raider 3 October 1998 PSX (green is there internet),but is not there.Why?
    I like Tomb Raider 5 Beta why is not internet.
    Tomb Raider 5 Beta there has silencer only beta.
    Last edited by Sarah7777; 05-02-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Total Drama

I search Tomb Raider 3 October 1998 PSX (green is there internet),but is not there.Why?
    I like Tomb Raider 5 Beta why is not internet.
    They are not available on the Internet because the people who actually own them payed for the games with their hard earned money.
    It's their property, they can do with it whatever they are up to.

Releasing a prototype to the public always means a huge loss in value, so those people have good reason not to share everything they have.

I know, that's not exactly what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth...
    Sometimes people are generous enough to share their stuff for free, but most of the time you'll have to pay if you want to get pre-release builds of games.

Yeah, life can be cruel at times...

Edit:
    By the way, if you want the Silencer in Tomb Raider 5 so badly, I could hack you a simple GameShark code to make it available in the retail version! Let me know if you're interested! That way you could toy around with the Silencer without having to obtain that pesky TR Chronicles beta first.
    Last edited by upaluppa; 05-02-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upaluppa View Post
    They are not available on the Internet because the people who actually own them payed for the games with their hard earned money.
    It's their property, they can do with it whatever they are up to.

Releasing a prototype to the public always means a huge loss in value, so those people have good reason not to share everything they have.

I know, that's not exactly what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth...
    Sometimes people are generous enough to share their stuff for free, but most of the time you'll have to pay if you want to get pre-release builds of games.

Yeah, life can be cruel at times...

Edit:
    By the way, if you want the Silencer in Tomb Raider 5 so badly, I could hack you a simple GameShark code to make it available in the retail version! Let me know if you're interested! That way you could toy around with the Silencer without having to obtain that pesky TR Chronicles beta first.
    (gasp)Oh dear....hard earned money is bigger.I don't know i like beta and just to liked.
    Well about Tomb Raider 5 with Silencer with hack where a can found GameShark code and what retail.Tomb Raider 5 Beta is perfect.
    Total Drama

Uh huh...Well we talk about Tomb Raider Beta.I search for Tomb Raider Beta with PSX download,but they can't to be releasing.
    I like Tomb Raider 5 Beta.I play Epsxe emulator and i download Tomb Raider game.Retail is full version?They can to be GameShark code will work to get silencer?
    Total Drama

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Uh huh...Well we talk about Tomb Raider Beta.I search for Tomb Raider Beta with PSX download,but they can't to be releasing.
    I like Tomb Raider 5 Beta.I play Epsxe emulator and i download Tomb Raider game.Retail is full version?They can to be GameShark code will work to get silencer?
    Don't know why you want the silencer, it's useless and nonfunctional.

Don't know why you want the silencer, it's useless and nonfunctional.
    Opps!I just how to get silencer to cheat code,but only TR5Beta.What about Final version.
    PS:I'm so stupid.
    Total Drama

Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Foot Soldier

Opps!I just how to get silencer to cheat code,but only TR5Beta.What about Final version.
    PS:I'm so stupid.
    Don't know what you mean. Try enable it with custom cheats, i don't think there is an exact cheat on the net for the final.

Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Member Hardcore

Upaluppa said he would create the code for you! Ask him about it, I'm sure he'll do it for you! :)
    Last edited by geluda; 05-03-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Don't know what you mean. Try enable it with custom cheats, i don't think there is an exact cheat on the net for the final.

Me too.
    Upaluppa said he would create the code for you! Ask him about it, I'm sure he'll do it for you! :)
    Really,oh thank.
    Total Drama

I watched on YouTube and for Tomb Raider 1 PSX Beta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dALeC020WMg&feature=g-all-u
    But where you find it.
    Last edited by Sarah7777; 05-12-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    Total Drama