Thread: PS3 Retail Firmware Converting to a kiosk Firmware!

Combat Soldier

PS3 Retail Firmware Converting to a kiosk Firmware!

Hello fellow users :) here today i'll explain how Cross-Grading a Official Retail firmware to kiosk/Shop:
    1. Just update info flags to 0x0000 inside the desire PUP and rebuild it with http://superg.org.ua/files/ps3/gpup/gpup-1.00_win.7z :D
    2. OR just set service mode and use the updater lv2diag with the shop pup

Pretty Quick & simplified right but in all due respect this couldn't have be guided to me without a certain & special hacker ;) also to be more clearly that the check is done by and only in the vsh, also its the same in emmer_init either way I don't see the point tbch :thumbsup:

Foot Soldier

This has been doable ever since knightsolidus' hdd decryption method was released.... very old news, just an easier way of doing it now with service mode.
    80's forever!

Combat Soldier

oh sorry about that, never knew tbh and i was wondering if anyone else heard of it too and better to know it now before later finding it out (Noobz meaning)

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    oh sorry about that, never knew tbh and i was wondering if anyone else heard of it too
    Ya plenty of people know, more useful to go kiosk>retail though... why make your console more restricted?

Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    and better to know it now before later finding it out (Noobz meaning)

??? I don't understand what you mean by this, care to rephrase it?
    80's forever!

Combat Soldier

Sorry about that, and also didn't kiosk fws have install package files if im mistaken so that way people can install psn demos from the internet via packages? And then go back to official fw after people gets their stuff offline?

Combat Soldier

As for the noobz part, meaning by how they would think that using it would probably think its similar like the QA flag but without homebrew ability. Lol

Foot Soldier

No need for PM's all the info you're looking for is already out there.

But if you are on 3.66 with it you are out of luck, and I see you call hardware flashers stupid or something like that... so that puts you really out of luck.

A 3.55 on any mfw is 100x better than a kiosk that only has "install package files" and is restricted up the ying yang.

If you're on 3.66 how do you plan to get back to switch back and forth from retail>kiosk???

anyways ps3devwiki and google are your friend.
    80's forever!

Combat Soldier

Well i mean thats just my opinion but your right tbh and sometimes the right things i wanted to search arent always there and yes i have the psdevwiki as my bookmark which is good ;) but i'd was hoping some different info that are related to sony docs.

Combat Soldier

Again i apogize and as for hardware flashers i dont really mean't for them as a waste or said stupid before because i'd assume your info might've be completely something else and wouldn't really be required and as a gradute i like to say thank you alot :)