Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: QDemo2: Technomancer

  1. #1
    Foot Soldier
    blueshogun96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    285

    QDemo2: Technomancer

    http://qdn.qubesoft.com/qsdk-doc/doc.../synopsis.html

    Not sure how many of you know/knew about this already, but I decided to link to it anyway.

    Man, oh man. This brings back so much nostalgia, for me at least, mostly because I miss the Xbox1 days (better games). This 3rd person shooter is a playable demo using the Qube engine from 2003. While it's not exactly the most interesting demo, it did have a very interesting visual appeal and ambient audio effects which made me feel as if I was playing a real commercial game. Despite the really basic storyline, it felt immersed with the environment and audio alone. Kinda reminds me of Halo1 and the underground environments it had but with an Oni-like hero. I wish there were more games like this today, and I think it would have made a pretty good game given a bit more content and a full story.

    The demo is still downloadable from the download section, but the source code link appears to be dead. Would like to put together a cool demo like this for Xbox sometime...

    Shogun.

  2. #2
    Foot Soldier
    RichardX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    xbox
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
    http://qdn.qubesoft.com/qsdk-doc/doc.../synopsis.html

    Not sure how many of you know/knew about this already, but I decided to link to it anyway.

    Man, oh man. This brings back so much nostalgia, for me at least, mostly because I miss the Xbox1 days (better games). This 3rd person shooter is a playable demo using the Qube engine from 2003. While it's not exactly the most interesting demo, it did have a very interesting visual appeal and ambient audio effects which made me feel as if I was playing a real commercial game. Despite the really basic storyline, it felt immersed with the environment and audio alone. Kinda reminds me of Halo1 and the underground environments it had but with an Oni-like hero. I wish there were more games like this today, and I think it would have made a pretty good game given a bit more content and a full story.

    The demo is still downloadable from the download section, but the source code link appears to be dead. Would like to put together a cool demo like this for Xbox sometime...

    Shogun.
    where?
    :shrug:

  3. #3
    Foot Soldier
    blueshogun96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    285
    Here: http://qdn.qubesoft.com/index.php?main=downloads

    Didn't think the download page would be difficult to find, sorry about that.

  4. #4
    Foot Soldier
    lucas93's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    109
    Just saw the Mandrake linux SDK download, man that brings back memories!
    (For anyone who doesn't know, Mandrake was renamed Mandriva a long time ago :P)

  5. #5
    Foot Soldier
    RichardX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    xbox
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
    Here: http://qdn.qubesoft.com/index.php?main=downloads

    Didn't think the download page would be difficult to find, sorry about that.
    I really could not find it, too small font on this page.

    Thanx.

  6. #6
    Foot Soldier
    Master13's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    159
    Thank you never seen this before I going to check it out

  7. #7
    Foot Soldier
    gelberhase's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hessen/Germany
    Posts
    403
    thanks for the Links, never sen this before as well, cant wait to get home in a few weeks and try this and Project Velocity :)

  8. #8
    SNES4LIFE Member Elite
    CrAzY's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
    Kinda reminds me of Halo1 and the underground environments it had but with an Oni-like hero.
    First thing I thought when I loaded it up. Seems like a decent tech demo, but I get constant crashes.

    The flare seems like a cool game play element, but nothing else jumps out at me.

  9. #9
    Foot Soldier
    gelberhase's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hessen/Germany
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY View Post
    First thing I thought when I loaded it up. Seems like a decent tech demo, but I get constant crashes.

    The flare seems like a cool game play element, but nothing else jumps out at me.
    and again, there hope that it runs without crashes on the 1.4g/128mb RAm Xbox, this baby really serves its purpose (it really helps when you play pre-release software that doesnt run too well on a normal Unit, I can only recommend getting one, if you dont mind the price)

  10. #10
    Foot Soldier
    blueshogun96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY View Post
    First thing I thought when I loaded it up. Seems like a decent tech demo, but I get constant crashes.

    The flare seems like a cool game play element, but nothing else jumps out at me.
    It wasn't really the gameplay that I was interested in, it was the technology among other things.

    Crashes? What type of Xbox are you using? I'm using a green debug Xbox and it works fine for me.
    Last edited by blueshogun96; 08-01-2011 at 06:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Foot Soldier
    DiGi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    261
    Can anybody possibly make a video? I don't have access to my debug or my modded at the moment.

    - DiGi
    -DiGi

  12. #12
    SNES4LIFE Member Elite
    CrAzY's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
    It wasn't really the gameplay that I was interested in, it was the technology among other things.

    Crashes? What type of Xbox are you using? I'm using a green debug Xbox and it works fine for me.
    I was never interested in the gameplay either, I was talking about the technology behind the flare, dynamic lighting.

    & I am using the same, for some reason it crashes when cycling through the camera views.

  13. #13
    Foot Soldier
    blueshogun96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGi View Post
    Can anybody possibly make a video? I don't have access to my debug or my modded at the moment.

    - DiGi
    I'll try and see if I can make a youtube video sometime. I don't know if the Xbox video capture tool is capable of recording audio though; I don't have a TV tuner card...

  14. #14
    Foot Soldier
    DiGi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
    I'll try and see if I can make a youtube video sometime. I don't know if the Xbox video capture tool is capable of recording audio though; I don't have a TV tuner card...
    It cannot capture audio iirc but that's fine I just want to see this thing in action! :D
    -DiGi

  15. #15
    Foot Soldier
    Master13's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    159
    It crashes for me too when you cycle through the cameras while not the most fun demo it would of been nice to see it develop further
    Also modded retail unit
    Last edited by Master13; 08-02-2011 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Forgot something

  16. #16
    Foot Soldier
    blueshogun96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    285
    I know this is a bit old, but I kept forgetting to upload the video of this game/demo. The vid is a complete walkthrough of the demo, but with no sound since I have TV tuner; I used the XDK's video capture tool to record the video at 480p, but scaled down 1/4 the original size to save space.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsLoEMMUD8g

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •