Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mayu's Dreamcast Collection (work in progress)

Mayu's Dreamcast Collection

Ok, first a little word. I got my DC the day it came out & have been buying the stuff ever since. Living in a small country like Belgium did not help this go fast ;-) so thank god for the internet. Also 7 years ago, we got a child, so my collecting went very low profile for 3 or 4 years (as did my gaming :gravedigging:). I put most of my stuff in boxes & it has been there for a long time. Last year we bought ourselves a new app, with an extra room :pray:. So now over the last year I've slowly started unpacking stuff again & today I actually started taking photos of everything again. It will be a work in progress, as I also got a small child I have to do stuff with & mainly coz...well a dreamcast collection is never complete.

So I'll start out with some games today & will slowly be adding new pics over the next days (weeks) and when I get new goodies. Hope this wasn't a boring read :flamethrower:

So here goes:

The Complete PAL collection

You may notice that Samba De Amigo isn't in there, thats coz its resting in its PAL Limited Box which I'll be posting later on. Not a single box with a single crack, they are all mint. I first completed the damn thing & then bought a lot of sealed UEFA Striker games & started puzzling. Also a bunch of em are still factory sealed (Evil Twin, Project Justice, SF3 Third Strike, and so on...)

NTSC US Collection

The idea behind this was simple: to get the games that were translated but never made it to euro-world.Mind that Seaman & AFO are further down in the boxed section.

NTSC US Games With Non-VGA PAL Counterpart

Pretty obvious I suppose. Some PAL games don't support VGA, their US counterpart does. Still need to get a few of these. I also put Quake 3 in here coz its one of the US games you need when you live abroad & still want to play the game online ;)

NTSC Japanese Collection

Same idea as above, only here I still need a few hundred :lol:, lets hope I live long enough. I have to an extent Limited Japanese boxes (the big ones with goodies), but will post em later.

Indie & Unreleased Collection

I went for a PAL style look for the unreleased games (still need one for Hellgate though). The actual disks have the front inlay printed on em in colour (as it should be :thumbsup:). OCD I hear you say??? Indeed :-P

PAL Boxes

House Of The Dead

As I said In Several's thread, this one has the pic printed on the box in stead of the usual cardboard sleeve.

Planet Ring

Believe it or not, but I'm one of those folks who actually played this now obsolete game online back in the days.

Sega Bass Fishing

Always had a soft spot for this one, it also works on a few other games like Virtua Tennis (I like this over Wii tennis, coz here you actually have to steer your player across the field with the stick, before hitting). I seem to remember also playing a racegame with it, you have to turn the reel to accellerate; can't remember which game though. Soul Calibur works too, although its just wacking the thing around in the dark without knowing what's gonna come out; good thing is: you'll see yourself pulling off combos you didn't even knew existed ;-).

Samba De Amigo

Glad I have had it in my possession for a long time, when I see what outrageous prices folks pay for this nowadays.

NTSC Japanese Boxes & Limited Edition Boxes

Candy Stripe Limited Edition

Card Captor Sakura Limited Edition

Comic Party Limited Edition

De La Jet Set Radio Limited Edition

Di Gi Charat Fantasy Limited Edition

Don't Panic! Seaman

Eternal Arcadia Limited Edition

Iris Limited Edition

I LOVE this one, it comes with a hand doll. Obviously its made for japanese hands, so mine don't fit it ;-).

Kiteretsu Boys Gan Gagan

Love Hina Smile Again Limited Edition

Macross M3 Limited Edition

Nakoruru - Ano Hito Kara No Okurimono Limited Edition

Perpetual Blue Limited Edition

Sakura Wars 2 Limited Edition

Sakura Wars 3 Limited Edition

Sakura Wars 4 Limited Edition

Sakura Wars Online Paris No Nagai Hibi Limited Edition

Sakura Wars Online Teito no Nagai Nichinichi Limited Edition

Shinseiki Evangelion: Ayanami Rei Ikusei Keikaku

Shinseiki Evangelion: Typing E Keikaku

Shinseiki Evangelion: Typing Hokan Keikaku

Sonic Adventure Limited Edition Birthday Pack

I just LOVE Japanese goodies :pray:.

NTSC US Boxes

Alien Front Online

Caution Seaman

Notice the bag of gummies (fish shaped candy) in the left corner of the pic. They were handed out as promotional stuff when the game was released. I guess you could call it the rarest thing in my collection, coz I'm prolly the only one out there who didn't eat em (I'd prolly die of food poisoning if I did now). I have yet to see this on ebay.

PAL White Labels

Not that many, but a few nice ones like Headhunter, Evil Twin, Giant Killers. The Sonic Collection box has all 3 Sonic games in there.Oh yes, and also the white Phantasy Star Online master disk (with its online codes).

PAL Clam Style Promos

Again, only a few, but these are hard to find. They are full PAL games in clam style boxes, they have stuff written on the back like: for bundle purposes only, for display only, not for resale, etc...
    I still hope to find more of these.

PAL Dreamcast Magazine Planet Ring

This was given for free with the magazine. It's a full copy of the game in a regular case. There are also minor differences with the regular PAL cover of the game.

PAL Dream On Complete

Seems I still have the Dream On & DC-UK videotape. I don't even own a videorecorder anymore ;-).

Browser Disks

Useless now, but I have good memories of this stuff...the Dreamarena chatrooms; those were the days ;-)

Bleemcast

Bootdisks & the likes

Coz everybody needs em ;-)

PAL Hardware

PAL Model 1 & 2 Dreamcast

I still use my model 1 to this very day, they are indestructible. My model 1 I bought at launchday (or in fact the day or so after) has a scartcable in the box. The later model 2 has an rf cable. Now why would they do that? Sort of like from good to bad picture quality.The left box isn't discoloured, the model 2 blue print is/was of a slightly darker blue.

PAL Azerty Keyboard & Mouse

A little harder to get than its Qwerty counterpart, but not impossible to find. Lucky for me they were released this way in my country since I can't type on a Qwerty board :-P.

PAL Arcade Stick

Again, almost indestructible.

PAL Racing Controller

Unlike most folks, I prefer this one over the 3rd party ones, I love the analog triggers behind the wheel.

PAL Gun

Coz a man needs at least 2 guns :flamethrower:.

PAL Misc

I got a ton of these (as I assume does everybody else) you can never have enough controllers & vmus.

Japanese Peripherals

Drikara

The illustrious karaoke machine, now obsolete, still a nice piece of hardware to own. Still missing the gr-rom of this, getting it from a friend soon.

Twin Sticks

Only good for one game, but a great experience all in all.

Densha De Go Controller

Same as the above, only good for one game.The hole in the middle is for a pocketwatch, all japanese train drivers have one to stay synced with the stations (or at least thats what I heard).

Ascii Mission Stick

Ideal for flight games, it's also very good for FPS and I always play Armada with it. Buttons are completely programmable.

DDR Dance Mat

I'm sure this needs no explanation :dance:. You feel like an idiot at first, but it's quite fun actually.

Pop 'N Music Controller

Essential for popper games. You can't really tell from a pic, but this thing is huge. And by huge I mean its almost the size of a model 2 PS2.

Dream Eye

Now obsolete, good for DC to DC videocalls back in the day. The Dream Eye itsself is also a 3 megapixel portable camera, provided you put batteries in it. As always Sega was ahead of its time.

Broadband Adapter

I removed it from my dreamcast specially for this pic. Its always in place in case I want to play PSO

VGA Box

The way to play!! Alas I don't have its box. :crying:

Dreamcast Link Cable

The one that everybody wants :pray:

DC-NGPC Link Cable

Regular Ascii Pad

Capcom Special Edition Ascii Pad

Great for fighters & shmups. The Capcom version comes with a deck of cards showing the combinations of buttons for each character's special moves. On the flip side there's a full size character pic. I turned over the Cammy card coz...well everybody loves Cammy right? :love2:

Blue Transparent Millennium Controller

Nothing special, its blue, its transparent; I'm sure everybody has it.

Pink Transparent Controller

Pink & über cute :love2:

Misc Peripherals

US Fishing Rod

Found another rod in a box, US version this time.

Hais Arcade Stick

Fully programmable & has rumble built in.

Dream Blaster

Found another gun in a box. Mad Cats this time, I had 2 of these, came in a lot long time ago, I only kept one for the collection.

Topway Mouse

Came in the same lot as the above, no box, no manual, no nothing. Just keeping it.

Extention Cable

Now this is a very useful piece of hardware. The only thing bad on a DC imo, is that its controller ports wear out way to fast from inserting/unplugging the controller. I got one of these plugged in my DC at all times & never remove it, hence the port stays as good as new.

PC > DC Link Cable

Used to move data from the vmu to your pc, plugs into the serial port of the computer.

Limited Edition Consoles

Sakura Wars

Treamcast Hardware

Black Model 3

The only one I have. Why? The first one sucks & model 2 has a far to big butt ugly screen. This one has the best screen (picture quality wise). I popped in a game to show off its sheer awesomeness :-).

Dream Para Para

Ah...the elusive Dream Para Para. Now the only thing the DC lacked imo (when it comes to odd hardware) was a Para Para Paradise game. Alas...
    Lucky for us, our friends down in China don't bother about things like copyright & such more. This game was hacked straight from a Konami arcade machine, they added some tunes, threw in some extra FMV and there you have it. This is VERY hard to find btw, I only know one other person who has one. Should you ever stumble across it, buy it or you'll never find it again :dance:.

VMUS & Memory Cards

US Transparent Coloured Set + 4x White Memorycard

I'm putting this first just to tease you Several :-P. It has the yellow one.

Cho Hatsume & Giant Gram

Everybody knows these, nothing special.

Gamera, Ghiddrah & Godzilla

Still missing the Green Godzilla v2 (thanks to Kron for pointing that one out to me) but I'll prolly never find it . They each have their respective monster living in the vmu, hook em up to let em fight. Also when plugged into the controller, they change the background of the DC's status screen to a pic of Sonic & Tails. Very nice, I love Kaiju stuff :pray:. I also have a Ghiddrah one which has a green body (seems the colourscheme on each figuring is a bit different), but I didn't include it in the pic as its basically the same object.

Stuff To Wear

Red Swirl Electronics Boutique Shirt

Has the EB logo on the left sleeve (right in the pic).

Red Swirl Jacket

Both logos are embroidered on the jacket. Has the manufacturer's tag still on, brandnew.

Blue Swirl Swimming Gear

I've always wanted to put it on to go to work (I'm a lifeguard at a public pool), but I'm afraid my collegues just wouldn't get it.

Blue Swirl Backpack

Front

Back

Coz you need to put your swimming gear somewhere ;-)

Blue Swils GD Rom Case

Room for 8 games inside

Misc

Dolls

Ling Shen Hua & Mr Sega

Mug

Seaman Ikusei Shien Kit

Seaman Promotional Can

It was in stores before the game came out, there should only be a few hundred made of these. When you take the lif off , it says in Seaman's voice (see small black loudspeaker) "I'm Seaman, you can't put me back if that's what you're thinking"

Stickers

Car Stickers

See through Pal car window stickers, I got them from Shinebi. No idea if these are official or home made.

Official Sonic Adventure 2 Sticker Sheet

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by mazonemayu; 07-25-2012 at 04:41 AM.
    Blue Rogues...Attack!!!

PAL/EU complete
    NTSC/US complete

Conscript

Thanks for sharing mate. Complete PAL collection! Hope to I'll do the same in the future.

PAL games sorted by A-Z, it caught my interest. You must to be tidy like me ^^

Waiting for more ;-)

Combat Soldier

very impressed at the complete PAL collection mate, all without cracks too, you must be very careful with them, good luck on collecting the rest :thumbsup:

Foot Soldier

wow, amazing collection mate. love your SOA avatar too : )

STAAAAAAR POWERRRR! Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    Lives in the server

Blog Entries
    GODLIKE!

added cardboard boxed games to the list

added pal white labels & clam style promos to the list
    Last edited by LeGIt; 12-13-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Double Post Merge
    Blue Rogues...Attack!!!

PAL/EU complete
    NTSC/US complete

Very impressive mazonemayu!!! I like the way you organize your games and i envy :evil: Viva Rock Vegas! Gimme one Seaman jelly and let me die from poisoning... :-)

The legend will never die...

added Dream On, browsers, Bleemcast & bootdisks

I think that's aboud it for disks.

next: hardware & goodies

I was wrong, still had some games to add.
    added PAL Boxes.
    so now we can finally get to hardware ;-)
    Blue Rogues...Attack!!!

PAL/EU complete
    NTSC/US complete

Conscript

Oh, Samba de amigo set. Wish I found clean one :)

Thanks for sharing mate. I'm waiting for hw now ;)

Foot Soldier

Nice PAL set - good luck on the rest :-)
    Our name is Legion: for we are many

An incredible collection, a great achievement!

added the (complete) pal hardware collection. I think I have everything on this front.

next: japanese peripherals

added the first part of my japanese peripherals. will dig up the rest & take piccies next week.
    Blue Rogues...Attack!!!

PAL/EU complete
    NTSC/US complete

Every update of yours it's like a Kinder surprise! Keep it up!

v2.0 New and improved
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Elite

Great stuff! Very impressed.
    Good money paid for all Sega Saturn Demo's/Promos/Proto's and beta's. PM me!
    [KnAPPzak -Op weg met je Android]

Conscript

Great hardware set! I'm always wondering how to play with Densha de go controller (:

added the rest of my peripherals
    -popper controller
    -dream eye
    -broadband adapter
    -DC link cable
    -ascii pad (capcom special edition)
    -blue millennium controller
    -US fishing rod
    -another arcade stick
    -another gun
    -another mouse
    -extention cable
    -pc > dc link cable

next: who knows...;)
    Blue Rogues...Attack!!!

PAL/EU complete
    NTSC/US complete

Conscript

lol, updates never end, I love it :D

You right, link cable is one of the rarest dc accessories :) I saw it on sale only one time. Congrats.

Yeah! I took my Dreamcast dose for tonight! The latest adds are very very interesting.

added:
    -treamcast stuff
    -vmus & such (I didn't put the ones that come with certain games there, coz they're already up there higher)

next:

things to put on
    Blue Rogues...Attack!!!

PAL/EU complete
    NTSC/US complete

Conscript

Quote Originally Posted by mazonemayu View Post

I'm putting this first just to tease you Several :-P. It has the yellow one.
    Message received friend :nod:

I like so much all of your collection. You have selected good hw and great titles. Please keep it up!

Oh, I have "yellow answer" for you in my latest update, lol :-)

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...ewpost&t=28596

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast