Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Place your Bets! Guess what the next Everdrive will be....

Tribuni Angusticlavii

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I have one of those Game Shark dongles that let me play imports without any swap trick. I think it's version 2.0 or 2.1 if i'm not mistaken.
    You are mistaken. The Playstation 1 cannot play imports without a swap trick or modchip as the security and import determination are by the same mechanism. You may be thinking of the Sega Saturn, which can play imports with several cartridges including Memory Card Plus, GameShark, Action Replay.

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I saw some posts in this thread about jailbars with the genesis. This doesn't have to do with the everdrive, it has to do with the use of composite video sync on the genesis. On a model 1 genesis you can perform a mod to the console to remove the jailbars. For model 2 you can just buy a "raw sync" cable off eBay that uses composite sync instead of composite video sync. I had to make some modifications to the cable to make it work with the XRGB-mini and my SCART switch (removing the capacitors on the R,G,B lines, and removing the resistor off the sync line) but the end result was a perfect Genesis image with no picture dropouts and no jailbars.

While I'm here, happy new year to Mr. Krikzz! Thank you for your amazing work and looking forward to 2012 :)
    Last edited by retr0gamer; 12-31-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Gran Turismo Freak
    Site Supporter 2013
    Staff

ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    You are mistaken. The Playstation 1 cannot play imports without a swap trick or modchip as the security and import determination are by the same mechanism. You may be thinking of the Sega Saturn, which can play imports with several cartridges including Memory Card Plus, GameShark, Action Replay.
    I have to try it again (haven't used the PS1 for a while), but i never used any kind of swap to play imports on it. It's a second hand console i got when i bought a lot, mostly for the games. It must have some sort of modchip then, but when i disconnected the gameshark, it didn't played imports. Connected it again, plays imports without any swap.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-01-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Farewell GT5. Rest in Peace

Tribuni Angusticlavii

Even if that is the case, PS1 Imports and CD-Rs have the same reason why they will not run. A code is encoded on all licensed CDs which matches the region of console it may be played on. If the code the console is looking for is missing or of another region, the game disc cannot be read.

The only reason for any kind of device to play imports is to use a swap trick or to get around a software NTSC/PAL video mode issue maybe. If your console can play imports without a swap trick, it definitely has a modchip as a gameshark or other device cannot provide the code to unlock the drive.

Combat Soldier

No need for a NES release, I'm happy with my PowerPak. What's missing is a Game Boy and Game Boy Color cart with a flash card.
    Sorry modern age, I don't feel like paying for something I can't hold in my hands...

Tribuni Angusticlavii

I agree. Though I'd rather see the PCE card before the GB(C) cart. The 64M USB GB card is not that bad.

Conscript

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    I agree. Though I'd rather see the PCE card before the GB(C) cart. The 64M USB GB card is not that bad.
    +1 To be honest, I can't wait to get a Turbo/PCE everdrive in my hands. :-)

I've been keeping my hopes up for an EDGB for a while now. While I have nothing against the Mega EverDrive (which I plan on buying) and the PCE ED I would prefer a GameBoy Colour ED. I also have the same get a PowerPak opinion for NES. One thing I would be really interested in is a drive emulator for the PS1 which loads ISO files from an SD card. I've heard of a PS1 loading off a hard drive being worked on, but I'd much prefer loading from an SD card because it is smaller and easy to put into the computer to add games on. The small size also makes it better for a portable PS1.
    Last edited by gray.fullbusterzzz; 01-21-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Foot Soldier

A power efficient GB/GBC cart with SD support, that would be great. Also with an intelligent menu so you can shuffle through games list, add games to favorite etc. Please make it happen! :drool:

PSX/Saturn with drive emulator + USB-connector, what a sweet setup. Having full ISO-set on external HD. Wow... would probably cost a lot, but who did not get DX2 Wildcard for 500 dollars back in the day (and now we are grown up and got work, well hopefully most of us lol :thumbsup: )!

Maybe Krixor wont make them, any other genius around in the world?, we want to bury u in a mountain of cash.

Dreamcast hard drive emulator... It keeps me up at night dreaming of a switchable internal hard drive emulator and the GD drive itself.

Yes I am aware of the SD card/serial port mod but that still requires you to boot a GD to use it. I want literally switchable between both.
    Last edited by Kiddcade; 01-24-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Combat Soldier

Drive emulators (or simulators? getting confused on this case) for disc consoles would be a dream come true.

But for the moment as I said above, the highest priority should be a GB/GBC cart, as nothing with external memory has been released so far, while a PCE card has been developed by NeoFlash.
    Sorry modern age, I don't feel like paying for something I can't hold in my hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Slump View Post
    But for the moment as I said above, the highest priority should be a GB/GBC cart, as nothing with external memory has been released so far, while a PCE card has been developed by NeoFlash.
    Actually, if you're happy with PCE card from NeoFlash which only has 128mb memory, you should also be happy with current usb 64mb smart card for GBC.
    Last edited by hartono; 03-31-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Member Hardcore

As per a ton of people, TG16

Combat Soldier

I didn't know that they are limited to 128MB... I never owned a TG-16/PCE as a child so I'm not very fond of this system, though I really like it as a collector for its tiny size and card carts.

TG16/PC Engine.
    Please..

Member Elite

Quote Originally Posted by pennywiseishere View Post
    TG16/PC Engine.
    Please..
    TG16/PCE definitely is next
    I looking for genesis 2 with motherboard VA2

Conscript

Super Everdrive+Everdrive+ Everdrive 64 owner.
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...php?albumid=42

Now that the SD2SNES is almost ready (as there already has been pre-orders), and we all know the next everdrive will be the PCE one... Are there any plan for another everdrive? Of course, I'm only asking because my curiosity is pretty big, and the Everdrive brand does not stop to amaze me ...

Also, one more question. Speaking in general, there are carts for many consoles, and there is even a floppy drive emulator with SD, for all those old computers. So, why there are no similar projects for CD-based systems? It's too difficult to make or there are no interest in making them? (It should be really amazing to have cd emulators with sd or hd access, for all those consoles like saturn, ps1...

Thanks in advance

ASSEMbler Elite

I'm torn between GB, GBA, and Famicom. GB I don't recall has anything with external memory. GBA flash carts are numerous, just their share of problems is annoying. Famicom I'm not aware of any traditional 60pin cartridge format rom loaders. Almost all Famicom "copiers" involve FDS, and PowerPak is only available in 72pin form for an NES converter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoyuna View Post
    Now that the SD2SNES is almost ready (as there already has been pre-orders), and we all know the next everdrive will be the PCE one... Are there any plan for another everdrive? Of course, I'm only asking because my curiosity is pretty big, and the Everdrive brand does not stop to amaze me ...

Also, one more question. Speaking in general, there are carts for many consoles, and there is even a floppy drive emulator with SD, for all those old computers. So, why there are no similar projects for CD-based systems? It's too difficult to make or there are no interest in making them? (It should be really amazing to have cd emulators with sd or hd access, for all those consoles like saturn, ps1...

Thanks in advance
    He has stated to me that after Turbo EverDrive he plans on concentrating on current EverDrives that are already released. Adding features to OS and stuff like that. Maybe he has changed his mind on this I don't know.

I do not think he is interested in making CD emulators.