Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1454

Thread: EverDrive 64

Member Elite

probably i just will stop shipping in those countries where tracking does not work and problem will be solved
    I looking for genesis 2 with motherboard VA2

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    You are aware that you cant enforce those terms and conditions if you accept paypal, right?

If the package gets lost and you were paid through paypal - paypal WILL refund the customer if you cant prove it was delivered (so tracking number, that says it was delivered and signed for).
    You are correct about PayPal, except...

Tracking and signature really doesn't mean much in most countries . Some countries do check IDs, but most do not so anyone can sign for anything. PayPal really offers almost zero protection for retailers from my experience. Credit card companies are even worse. This is why we insure every order over $75 total through a 3rd party company and why we charge for shipping on the EverDrives we sell. In the end its worth it for both us and the customer. We don't have to hassle customers over lost items giving them 20 questions and trying to catch them in some kind of lie. Really its just punishing the honest customers because of a few bad apples.
    Last edited by StoneAgeGamer; 04-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue
    Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

HiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHi
    I sold thousands on ebay, I am well aware paypal do not help the seller much.

Basically, if you send something and do not have proof it was delivered (i.e. signed, viewable online) then paypal will refund the buyer. Regardless of what ever terms and conditions you put on your website.

I have had people claim against me and paypal sided with me because I had their signature too, so does work for the seller too - just not often. Even if you have proof of delivery, if the buyer wants to scam you - they just need to say the item that arrived wasnt what they ordered (i.e. there was a brick in there) and they will get to keep the item.

Basically, if you accept paypal - you are trusting the buyer to be honest, because if they arent you are screwed.
    Last edited by Bad_Ad84; 04-25-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nameless staff member that edited my sig
    It's not cool to make fun or troll users by quoting their mistakes.
    - staff confirmation.

If you cant PM me (no account, other voodoo) you can contact me via this link.
    My Modding parts for sale thread can be found here: CLICK ME

Basically, if you accept paypal - you are trusting the buyer to be honest, because if they arent you are screwed.
    Right, unfortunately some aren't that's why for expensive stuff I don't even mess around and get it insured. I would rather spend the extra couple dollars on insurance over signature confirmation. Also since its through a 3rd party I get payment back much quicker than through like USPS insurance that takes like 6 months to get your money back. I have had PayPal side with me as well, but only once. Mainly because it was so blatantly obvious that the guy was trying to pull a scam. I haven't had too many disputes filed against me, but most were customer ignorance and I was able to handle them after explaining to the customer their mistake. For example someone buys something First Class to Australia and its not there in 2 weeks and they are filing a dispute against me for it.

Now credit card companies are a joke. If you get a charge back you receive a letter in the mail. That gives you like 2 days to respond and they claim that you must have proof of signature before they will even bother with you. They already remove the money from your account before they even send the letter. Of course because of the cost of getting a signature they know most companies don't unless its a very expensive item. The system is basically setup to pass the loss to the retailer. They know this too, that's why they take the money out ahead of time, probably because maybe less than 1% of charge backs are ever successfully disputed.

I have always found it interesting that there seems to be no responsibility on anyone besides the retailers. Shippers could drop kick your package all day long and if its not insured that's your problem.

Honestly though with all the orders I have shipped over the years. Thousands upon thousands. About 30% are international. I have had very few issues (knock on wood) with international shipments.

Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

HiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHiHi
    In the UK its only an extra 70p to get a signature. Internationally its another 4.

Sounds like its more over there?
    - staff confirmation.

In the UK its only an extra 70p to get a signature. Internationally its another 4.

Sounds like its more over there?
    I don't remember what international is exactly, but I think it probably about the same as that. Depending on the country I can insure through 3rd party for cheaper than the signature fee. The insurance company does not require signature nor does the price go down at all if you choose requires signature. You would think it would, but my guess is that the insurance company came to the same conclusion as I did, signatures don't always mean all that much.

I came to this conclusion when we had someone who purchased like $500 worth of stuff from us in one order. I did not insure it, I was still kind of new to the whole thing, but I did require a signature. It was shipped via USPS domestically. Well the customer complains that the package was never delivered, even though it was marked as delivered. I contact USPS and tell them this and I ask if it could have been delivered to wrong address even with a Signature required. They basically told me its possible, but if its not insured there's nothing they can do. After that I said "screw it" and now I don't bother with signature unless its a very very expensive order, but I always insure anything over $75 total international and $100 domestic.

This is not to say signatures are completely useless, but they also don't always prove much either. I just find insuring the package easier and cheaper. I have heard in some countries they do require an ID to make sure its getting delivered to the person its addressed to. However in the U.S, I have never been ID-ed when getting a signature required package.

Site Supporter 2013
    ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

Works differently over here. Anything you send is insured by default (upto around 40 as I recall). Larger orders you can pay around 1 to increase the insurance.

Any with insurance have signature requirement anyways
    - staff confirmation.

Works differently over here. Anything you send is insured by default (upto around 40 as I recall). Larger orders you can pay around 1 to increase the insurance.

Any with insurance have signature requirement anyways
    Makes sense to me. I think with USPS Priority it is insured a certain amount per pound automatically, but dealing with USPS insurance is a nightmare. I made a claim early on with USPS and it took me like 8 months from the day the package shipped to finally receive my check for reimbursement.

Can someone give me an overview on what all the save options mean? I got a memory card plus for the games that need a controller pak but not sure on what to choose.
    Last edited by ViperVisor; 04-25-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
    Can someone give me an overview on what all the save options mean? I got a memory card plus for the games that need a controller pak but not sure on what to choose.
    Unless your playing Donkey Kong 64 use the default option. The memory card is for the few games which don't save to the cartridge; they have a save type of "--" in the ED64 menu.

Are save files transferable? For example if I want a save of goldeneye with everything unlocked would it be possible for me to download and use somebody else's save?
    Last edited by Minesweep; 04-28-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minesweep View Post
    Are save files transferable? For example if I want a save of goldeneye with everything unlocked would it be possible for me to download and use somebody else's save?
    yes they are ^^

Hmmm... renaming a .N64 save file to the appropriate file type didn't work, and I am guessing there is no way to convert saves from an emulator. Somebody should make a save file repository or something assuming it hasn't already been done. I might make a thread for this later.

Member Elite

byteswoped and renamed save files will work

Is there a guide of some sort for how to do this? I have tried googling it with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by Minesweep View Post
    Is there a guide of some sort for how to do this? I have tried googling it with no success.
    maybe you should take a closer look at this thread ^^
    it's a bit technical but well described

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?34316-Game-saves-for-Everdrive-64-thread!

cheers saturnu

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a shot later.

Hi, whats the difference between v2 and v1?

Insane redneck retro gamer... ASSEMbler Elite

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sanny87 View Post
    Hi, whats the difference between v2 and v1?
    If by that you mean the PCB revisions, I know the physical layout is different and revision 2 has a few more features. Revision 1 uses 1 FPGA (the Altera Cyclone II I'm assuming) whereas revision 2 has this FPGA as well as a Altera Max II FPGA on it. The ROM loader chip may have more capacity on model 2 since it is 64 Mb game capable. Not sure on the model 1 game loader chip. That and software differences occur. KRIKzz?
    Classic hardware collector and modifier. Currently focused on Sega, Xbox, and Nintendo stuff. New Xbox project:
    What ever you do, DON'T CLICK HERE!!!
    I'm now on Sega-16

Member Elite

sonicdude10completely wrong. v2 also based on cyclone, v1 and v2 supports 64mb games. v1 need jtag for firmware update, v2 can load firmware from sd card and it uses another firmware branch. things like "ROM loader chip" not exist at all. MAX2 is not fpga, by the way :p